** NHL 14 Thread ** (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
expecting roster update by late tonight then?

It's out. They updated some of the ratings. Not just the hot/cold ratings, but permanent ratings as well for guys like MacKinnon, Steve Mason, Raffl, Tatar, Dekeyser, Granlund, Jones just to name a few. I think they glitched Tatar though. Gave him 97 wrist shot power. Look out!!!

Last edited:

Jacob8hockey*

The roster update was good in general, but I am shocked that they bumped Phaneuf down to an 85.

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010
The roster update was good in general, but I am shocked that they bumped Phaneuf down to an 85.
OVR doesn't mean much, especially for dmen. Defensive Awareness is the most heavily-weighted attribute by a mile while offensive and skating attributes are lightly-weighted.

Wendy Clear

Generic Statement of Happiness
Jun 20, 2010
Europe. Somewhere.
I wish I didn't love hockey and playing online so much because this is easily one of the worst online games I've ever played. From a development and quality perspective, it's just awful and makes the mind boggle that as fans we have no alternative option. I wish I had the patience to play offline, which despite being heavily flawed doesn't go full Pejorative Slur every single game.

Jacob8hockey*

OVR doesn't mean much, especially for dmen. Defensive Awareness is the most heavily-weighted attribute by a mile while offensive and skating attributes are lightly-weighted.

That is true, and I am too lazy to figure out which stats went down.

Sep 19, 2008
For a newbie it's really hard to score on Pro. But it's too easy to score on Rookie. Beat Team Canada 7-0 as Team USA on rookie...and that was the first and only time I have played that setting. Lot harder on Pro :(

Sep 19, 2008
I did. It's ridiculously difficult to score on NHL 14, and I even lowered reaction time for the CPU goalie. I will keep practicing some more.

The thing is there's a steep learning curve for anyone new to the series, I didn't play NHL 13 or 12

iFishyHD

Dec 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
I did. It's ridiculously difficult to score on NHL 14, and I even lowered reaction time for the CPU goalie. I will keep practicing some more.

The thing is there's a steep learning curve for anyone new to the series, I didn't play NHL 13 or 12

Its pretty hard unless you glitch goal all the time. Not impossible, but you have to win 1 on 1 battles, and make good passes.

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
The AI on this game is soooo ******* bad. I just had my 13 game online vs win streak broken because my computer takes a 5 min game misconduct completely away from the puck, like 20 feet at least. The computer takes dumb penalties like that for me at least once per game, but usually more.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
For a newbie it's really hard to score on Pro. But it's too easy to score on Rookie. Beat Team Canada 7-0 as Team USA on rookie...and that was the first and only time I have played that setting. Lot harder on Pro :(

Adjust the sliders man - the first one to adjust is your shot strength and accuracy; find a nice balance without making it too easy.

Things like player acceleration and puck control are also good ones to look at.

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
Doesn't he have to sign a waiver(or something lol) to be placed into the game?

He's not in the NHL and I think AHL guys have go sign something to be placed in the game.

I could have sworn he was in 13 or 12, I remember him having really poor potential though so it was basically like he wasn't in it.

phosphene*

Feb 18, 2014
West Seneca
The AI on this game is soooo ******* bad. I just had my 13 game online vs win streak broken because my computer takes a 5 min game misconduct completely away from the puck, like 20 feet at least. The computer takes dumb penalties like that for me at least once per game, but usually more.

If you show any signs of competence in early in the game, the ice tilt kicks in and it becomes a donkey show for the remainder of the match. Other player dodging 5 hits, passes going through sticks, legs etc to an open player, wide open one timers get saved/whiffed on/stick breaks. EA tries to make the games as close as possible so unskilled players want to keep playing. It's been getting worse since NHL 12.

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
If you show any signs of competence in early in the game, the ice tilt kicks in and it becomes a donkey show for the remainder of the match. Other player dodging 5 hits, passes going through sticks, legs etc to an open player, wide open one timers get saved/whiffed on/stick breaks. EA tries to make the games as close as possible so unskilled players want to keep playing. It's been getting worse since NHL 12.

I used to not believe in that until just recently. It's a bummer because I have lost nearly all of my interest in the game. Even with Seasons mode in HUT division 1 it got like that. Just so dumb. EA Sports makes solid games, but they ruin with stuff like this and terrible glitches that they never address.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
The ice tilt in this game is not even ****ing funny.

TOA: 8 minutes me to 3 minutes him. He has 11 shots. 5 goals. All of them ****** shots, 2 from behind the net. Meanwhile I have four breakaways and multiple 2-on-1s, I only score 2 goals because his goalie makes a desperation save every single shot. Mine sits there like a ****ing moron and lets in shots five hole from the point.

The game speed is also apparently chosen randomly, one game you can't even tell what you're doing, the next it takes 5 seconds to turn around.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Got fed up of the ice tilt so I decided to make a new account to see the difference and this is what happened.

33oksiu.jpg

TheBrazenhead*

Excuses.

TheBrazenhead*

BS. The majority of the time the better player wins anyway.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I was on like a 14 game winning streak at one point (Like 50 games above 500) and now i can't win jack****

Can't win draws to save my life. (I have a career 66.5% in the dot) I'm sorry, but Nazem Kadri cannot go 11-1 in the circle against Bergeron, his stats and logic prevent this. I always, and i mean ALWAYS get screwed on the lucky bounces. I get a 5 on 3 in OT, get at least 3 good chances and the opponents goalie robs me on every one. Outshoot a guy 34-13? Lose 1-0. Absolute garbage.

This game is feeling more pre-determined rather than skill based, which is a load of garbage. Really close to getting rid of this ****y game and finding something else to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad