** NHL 14 Thread ** (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Your options in HUT:

Play the computer and win every time in an insanely boring game. Also, they play the game at a speed of 2mph, nudge you the entire game, go on streaks for ~30 seconds where it's absolutely impossible to take the puck away from them, and score on 50% of their shots. Just to reduce the amount of pucks you get. Also, be prepared to lose 150 pucks minimum because you have to fight after every hit you make and fights count as penalty minutes. Whenever you're not controlling a player, the AI is absolutely ass.

Or, play online and win 50% of the time. Play against people who skate right-shoot left, rag the puck, face ice-tilt against teams that have identical lineups (Lecavalier, Seidenberg, Voracek, Stastny, BISHOP), and have people glitch the game so it disconnects and they get to keep their record at 15-45-10 instead of 15-46-10.

I love BaconCountry, but since he put up that video yesterday (now deleted, the one where you pull your goalie after a penalty so it loops the game) 3/5 people I've faced have done it. Horrible, horrible idea to expose that to a massive part of the NHL "community".

glasgow26

Jul 17, 2007
San Francisco
I haven't played this game since November but I'm tempted to buy it again now that it's on sale for $30 on PSN. Have there been any noteworthy patches since then? Any tweaks to BAGM?

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
:laugh:

It happened again. I just won a game in net 4-3 in BAP. It was 4-0 until the final 50ish seconds of the game. Between that point and 2.2 seconds left, some made up dude named Zykov scored a hat trick with ****ing perimeter shots.

The game decided to try and even it up with nothing I could do about it. I'm not sure why anybody thought that would be a good or fun idea. I guess it's supposed to simulate a losing team trying hard to win at the end, but it's completely overboard.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Lol. Played a game the other day online. 4-1 lead with 1:30 left, my goalie went on to let 3 consecutive weak ass shots through the wickets to tie the game and sure enough he let the very next shot in OT in as well. I couldn't even get mad. You could see it coming.

OcelotVector

Apr 3, 2014
Also... What the hell is up with having the player change button be the same as the pass button? Especially when the player chosen seems almost random? Countless times I try to quickly switch to a player for a turnover, only to gain possession, and immediately pass the puck to nothing. Insanely maddening.

Whether or not you believe in ice tilt (I think the CPU cheats blatantly, I attribute a lot of online 'ice tilt' to network lag) this game has some hot flaming garbage in its engine. You have to wonder if EA just doesn't care, or if their annual release schedule sacrifices quality.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Also... What the hell is up with having the player change button be the same as the pass button? Especially when the player chosen seems almost random? Countless times I try to quickly switch to a player for a turnover, only to gain possession, and immediately pass the puck to nothing. Insanely maddening.

Whether or not you believe in ice tilt (I think the CPU cheats blatantly, I attribute a lot of online 'ice tilt' to network lag) this game has some hot flaming garbage in its engine. You have to wonder if EA just doesn't care, or if their annual release schedule sacrifices quality.

Probably one of my biggest pet peeves with the game.

I was playing a series against a guy and pressed Y to pin him to the boards, but he passed the puck and the game had a delay which caused my player to try and fight him instead and take a penalty.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Or having the poke check button the same as the saucer button. Can't count how many times I went from poking the puck, stealing the puck, and dropping a nice drop pass in the middle of the slot for the opposition to tee off on.

OcelotVector

Apr 3, 2014
I just wish there was some quality control brought into the studio.
From the broken plays due to an animation hangup (check a puck carrier, he falls , loses puck, but your guy is busy not reaching for the puck, or responding to control), the halfass mobile app, to the disappearing cards in HUT, it's hard to dismiss these shortfalls as anything but apathetic.
There is so much to want to love, but then a glaring flaw ruins the experience. I wish the developers read stuff like this forum. Isn't it better for fans to love something rather than learn to deal with it?

iFishyHD

Dec 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
I have a problem (mostly in club) where I call for the puck twice and then when I get it, I pass it away because if it. It pisses me off so much.

holyprime

Oct 5, 2010
This game is so realistic, that you can play your last 16 opponent in the quarterfinal again. right after you've beaten them.

I suppose you can win the EASHL-Playoffs by solely playing against last 16 teams. too bad teams can only play twice, otherwise we could have the awesome feature of "winning it all" against one single team.

:handclap:

Royal Canuck

Taco Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2011
Victoria, BC
Hey guys,

I've started a GM Connected league on Xbox 360, it's run on the console and through twitter if you wanna join. Follow @WCHLcommissoner if you're interested and message me on twitter. Only 5 teams have been taken so there's lots of room.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
Every time I win an opening faceoff or a faceoff after a goal I try to go D to D.

Nope, right into the corner of my zone.

DudMan28

Jan 30, 2013
Every time I win an opening faceoff or a faceoff after a goal I try to go D to D.

Or your defenseman acts like he is stuck in mud when he receives the pass and gets flattened by a forechecker. The worst.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY

My favorite thing is how the computer dmen NEVER do that. It's especially bad when you have a powerplay in the O-zone and lose the draw. 3 of your AI guys charge at the man with the puck to poke check/hit him and the computer dman clears it perfectly every. freaking. time.

And a lot of times, if you win a draw back to your defenseman in the offensive zone and the puck's on his backhand, he automatically spins around to get it to his forehand (yay broken game!) and goes offside :shakehead

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
How they never fixed the AI going offside every time you rush the puck I will never know.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
IS the playoff rosters out? I haven't connected my X360 to the internet since I've moved. (too lazy)

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
I wanna start a GM mode with Karlsson as a winger, but I can't see to get his traits to change from offensive defenseman. Anyone know how I can get the Sniper/Playmaker trait to stick and whether it will effect the stats he puts up during the season if he stays OFD?

iFishyHD

Dec 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
I wanna start a GM mode with Karlsson as a winger, but I can't see to get his traits to change from offensive defenseman. Anyone know how I can get the Sniper/Playmaker trait to stick and whether it will effect the stats he puts up during the season if he stays OFD?

Just play Karlsson on wing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad