** NHL 14 Thread ** (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

keslerburrows

Mar 9, 2011
Vernon, Canada
I can't be the only one that thinks that all the goalies are kind of bad now. I haven't played a single game where a goalie 'steals a game' for either team yet. I haven't even really seen any great saves also.

Is this something that can be fixed throughout the year? In 13 goalies were perfect.

Psyfer

Mar 1, 2008
Toronto
I can't be the only one that thinks that all the goalies are kind of bad now. I haven't played a single game where a goalie 'steals a game' for either team yet. I haven't even really seen any great saves also.

Is this something that can be fixed throughout the year? In 13 goalies were perfect.

That was the biggest problem last year especially trying to play EASHL with a human goalie and having the others teams quit to get a super AI goalie , I love the goalies this year and hope they keep them as is.

TimbeS

Jan 24, 2013
Finland

Huh? Im so glad they fixed the cross crease saves. So much better this year, but still occasionally I've seen great saves. 80 games played so far EASHL

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Just got the game, EA did great job with SM-Liiga rosters this years almost 90% of the players are where they are supposed to.

AHL rosters are a total mess with no euro prospects who signed this year (Pulkkinen,Armia,Hakanpää,Berra,Ortio,Raffl, Lingberg,Fasth) etc and players who signed in europe are in their former teams (Maxwell,Nokelainen,Sabourin,J.Niemi).

CHL rosters are way outdated.

Hopefully they release some kind of roster update to fix these soon so i can start
be a gm -mode

Slapshot_11

Aug 30, 2006
Offence is way unbalanced compared to defence. Its so easy to score goals even against the cpu... they need to turn up defensive awareness, stick checking, and pass interception

Mongo

Mongo likes candy!
Nov 27, 2008
Vermont
Game is better than last years but still sucks. I love spending 15 minutes a game in the box because of monster hits and the other ******* fights me.

twinpeaks

Jul 17, 2013
Offence is way unbalanced compared to defence. Its so easy to score goals even against the cpu... they need to turn up defensive awareness, stick checking, and pass interception

I agree. The last time it was balanced was probably NHL 11.

Vikingstad

**** the King
May 1, 2011
Vancouver
Ea did a good thing with the new fighting engine, but sadly people end up ruining it again by just spamming punches and doing nothing else.

Stucker

Sep 12, 2013
St.Petersburg, RU
The main problem to me is a big score. So far I played like 6 pre-season games in GM mode and everytime it was more than 7 goals per game. 7-2, 3-5, 8-1 etc. Annoys me big time. Not realistic. In NHL13 I scored like 3 goals every game and it was good, I was happy when I scored, it was more like a challenge, now it gives me no emotions at all, every goal I take for granted. I wish they will fix this soon, goalies are terrible. I play on difficulty that goes after pro, all-stars I guess.
Fighting system is good, but fights should be occasional, not after every second hit I make.

SmokeyDuck

Jul 27, 2010
Anaheim, CA
I'm leading the league in points, but they feel I need to work on my positioning so they are moving me down to the second line LOL.

Yabob

Dec 12, 2006
Linköping
Just got the game, EA did great job with SM-Liiga rosters this years almost 90% of the players are where they are supposed to.

AHL rosters are a total mess with no euro prospects who signed this year (Pulkkinen,Armia,Hakanpää,Berra,Ortio,Raffl, Lingberg,Fasth) etc and players who signed in europe are in their former teams (Maxwell,Nokelainen,Sabourin,J.Niemi).

CHL rosters are way outdated.

Hopefully they release some kind of roster update to fix these soon so i can start
be a gm -mode

The same can be said for the SHL rosters. That's thanks to roster update #1 though. The game actually shipped with the new team Örebro having Timrå's roster from last year. Could have been the same with Leksand (didn't check).

As for the other leagues.... as always we have a long wait ahead of us. The CHL usually need around 500 new players and that take some time to create. And the AHL usually aren't up to date until mid- december thanks to all the paperwork involved when new players are to be added.

lilphill23

Apr 29, 2012
North Attleboro, MA
The Dropkick Murphys song is prolly the best song on the soundtrack aside from the fact that they made them change the damn lyrics. What is so bad about "The boys are back, and their looking for trouble."?

Persona5

Apr 22, 2013
Nashville
My main issue with the game right now would be the fact that any time you hit a player you risk losing your guy for 5 minutes. It just makes using a guy like Weber pretty pointless because if you play the game like he should he will end up with 4+ fights in every game. They should look into having another player step in for the star players to fight because guys like Chara and Weber rarely if ever fight.

gifted88

Dante the poet
Feb 12, 2010
Guelph, ON
Is anyone else having issues with the shooting? I aim top left corner and he shoots low right. I thought, Oh, I'll have to turn it to manual shot aim...but it's already set to manual.

Also, how is the player development this year? I hope you don't have to wait 6 years for your 1st overall pick to have decent ratings.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I prefer the D setting and skating engine compared to last game.

It was frustrating to skate into the zone and the puck just go to the other teams D without them doing anything. Yet I could poke the puck perfectly and they'd just do a thousand spins until they could hit an open guy.

Even more frustrating was being on a breakaway and have some guy come from the other end of the ice, catch up to you, and cross check you into the boards from behind.

SmokeyDuck

Jul 27, 2010
Anaheim, CA
I am really liking live the life. I got drafted Detroit 20th overall (I'm a Ducks fan), so I said I was disappointed being drafted by a team like them. They traded me to Edmonton (ew again). I played a preseason games for the Oilers having a 4g night, talked **** on the players and city, and they traded me to Nashville for a 5th. I'm loving it in Nashville so far, popular with the fans, and I have 13g 7a 80pims in 8 games playing first line LW.

KaraLupin

카라
Jun 4, 2009
Vancouver
Probably been posted in here, but can anyone go into detail about "Left-Stick Hitting", how is it triggered, how is it different than a Right-Stick hit, and what are the advantages/disadvantages of disabling it in controller settings? Thanks.

ARSix

Mar 12, 2012
Playing GM connected against a player with good defense (I'm pretty ok at D in this game) I end up with games 3-2, 4-2, 5-3, 3-1. I have to be playing someone much worse than me to get a blowout.

That said, I've played this game for a week. I will gradually get a better handle on the way the AI behaves compared to last year and what you can get away with. My "delay" plays don't give me anywhere near as much time to set up as they used to whereas stuff that used to be a guaranteed poke check and loss of puck are a bit more available in this one. Once you get a feel for it to a point that you don't have to think about it your offense gets better - true in EVERY NHL, every year.

Once that happens, I expect and extra 3 goals a game. Then it's going to get a bit crazy. Hopefully it'll be tuned by then.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
So, I got the pre-order bonus codes in mail today. I was able to claim the HUT bonus pack, but the Warrior code (and the extra Bauer code I got as an early pick-up bonus) don't work. Tried them numerous times, both in game and in PS store.

Anyone else encountering the same problem? I know one of my friends who is in a same situation, too.

SixGoalieSystem

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2011
Trondheim
Came across a bug (or something). Anyone else see this on PS3? I am in offline Be GM mode, with NYR. Swap two players (JT Mller for Zuccarello), and then hit line changes/square.

The game freezes and I need to hit the ps button and do Quit Game.

lilphill23

Apr 29, 2012
North Attleboro, MA
Probably been posted in here, but can anyone go into detail about "Left-Stick Hitting", how is it triggered, how is it different than a Right-Stick hit, and what are the advantages/disadvantages of disabling it in controller settings? Thanks.

From what I have seen the left stick hitting works by skating in the direction of the opposing player and the system calculates how fast you are going and how fast he is going and decides the severity of the "hit" or contact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad