** NHL 14 Thread ** (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sventington

Sep 18, 2013
does anyone here find the Superstar setting to be SIGNIFICANTLY easier than All-Star? I thought I'd be moving up in difficults, but now it seems I have no trouble scoring 5 or 6 goals per game.

The Reaper

Men of Mayhem
Dec 29, 2010
Canada
does anyone here find the Superstar setting to be SIGNIFICANTLY easier than All-Star? I thought I'd be moving up in difficults, but now it seems I have no trouble scoring 5 or 6 goals per game.

Kind of

I can go through stretches where I score goals just like that but there are stretches were I can't buy a goal to save my life

sventington

Sep 18, 2013
Alright, thanks. In that case I won't switch the difficulty back just yet. I'm really not that great at the game, so I was surprised when the wins became so lopsided. It actually started to be a lot less fun. My minor league team won 8-0!

Tukka Rask

Feb 1, 2012
Oh my god.... ice tilt is absolutely ridicilous in HUT. I get punished for controlling the puck and outshooting my opponents 3 to 1. My guys skate like they're in mud, my passes never connect if there's an opposing team player anywhere near and opposing players have magnets in their sticks. No wonder EA is running for the 3rd straight Golden Poo award, what a joke.

jetsv2

Jan 13, 2013
So I was playing live the life today, 3rd season in the NHL and my speed and acceleration just randomly went for 99 to 41 and it is apparently permanent. I accidentally saved over my game before realizing so now im screwed. Anyone else ever have this issue?

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
As someone who shoots left, I've always used a left handed skater in EASHL. I recently switched to a righty because I've noticed that I have more success with those guys in BEaGM. Sure enough, after about half a game adjusting, my offensive production has really taken off. I find it easier to pick corners as a righty for whatever reason.

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
Is use of a lagswitch in online versus matches common practice? It can't be cooincidence that I, fairly regularly, feel the latency amp up when I get breaks and odd man rushes...

iFishyHD

Dec 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Is use of a lagswitch in online versus matches common practice? It can't be cooincidence that I, fairly regularly, feel the latency amp up when I get breaks and odd man rushes...

Really depends on who your playing. More than likely if the guy is doing glitch goals he may use a lagswitch to.

McDrailers

Apr 13, 2013
Newfoundland
Oh my god.... ice tilt is absolutely ridicilous in HUT. I get punished for controlling the puck and outshooting my opponents 3 to 1. My guys skate like they're in mud, my passes never connect if there's an opposing team player anywhere near and opposing players have magnets in their sticks. No wonder EA is running for the 3rd straight Golden Poo award, what a joke.

This, it's disgusting

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Got this game on Christmas eve and thought it was amazing. Now after a month and change I see it is just NHL 13 with some bells and whistle. Same old NHL 13 bull ****.

I play PS3 IDK if anyone else has the problems I do. In GM mode with my players lagging and being slower than CPU players. My players easily knocked off the puck and theirs arent.

Ridiculous that Gerbe can knock down Chara and take the puck but I have 2 Bruins slam into a player on the boards and he still holds onto the puck.

****ing EA

2K needs to make hockey again so EA isn't lazy

scallionjj11

FOREVERALFIE
Jun 10, 2009
East Coast
i'm selling on ps3,
steven stamkos, jonathan toews,matt duchene, carey price, mike smith, jeff carter, jamie benn and patrick sharpe.

looking for,
HL erik karlsson, POTG craig anderson, MS jason spezza, HL bobby ryan

all needs to go!

pm me with offers!

Last edited:

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
As someone who shoots left, I've always used a left handed skater in EASHL. I recently switched to a righty because I've noticed that I have more success with those guys in BEaGM. Sure enough, after about half a game adjusting, my offensive production has really taken off. I find it easier to pick corners as a righty for whatever reason.

Exact same situation for me but I made the change last year and haven't looked back. I basically only play EASHL so I find it tough to go back to left-handed players now.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston

My friends and I started a new club last night, a lot of the members were inactive and a lot of the members are annoying to play with. We got lagswitched out of the division 10 playoffs. :laugh::laugh::laugh: Guy who did it was an apparent top 50 RW in the game who resets his club every time he got to division 7. Disbanded his club mid-2nd period.

He then told me to "get a life", which I found ironic.

Dont Hinder Jinder

Friend of Rick Bognar
Oct 14, 2011
So I was playing live the life today, 3rd season in the NHL and my speed and acceleration just randomly went for 99 to 41 and it is apparently permanent. I accidentally saved over my game before realizing so now im screwed. Anyone else ever have this issue?

Maybe you're injured? That's weird tho, haven't heard of that happening randomly before

Ducks Ahoy

Effort = overrated
Jun 9, 2013
Orange County
This has probably been asked before but:

Is there a way to edit team lines (not moving any players or sending up/sending down) and save them so you can use them in Online Versus Play?

So for example: the default lines for the Anaheim Ducks are all messed up. They have Cogliano playing center with Koivu on the wing which is just one of the errors. So if I edit the lines and then go into an online versus play game, the lines are back to default and I can only edit them in the waiting a screen which takes awhile. Most of the time the other player backs out.

Is there a way to save lines or will they always be the default lines in OVP? Thanks guys

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
Just bought the game yesterday. I absolutely love it, best NHL game ever. And I say that as ardent fan of hockey games for the last 20 years and someone who was considering passing over 14.

I've owned every copy of EA Sports NHL since '94. While I don't think this is the most revolutionary game in the 20 year series since it's using an older engine and still has a lot of the same animation from previous games. The way hockey is captured and played in this game is the best. From board battles, to rebounds, to the physicality and new fighting engine, this game just feels the best. Not since the early NHL 2K games have I picked up a hockey game and had the feel of it be so right.

I also mainly play the offline Be A Pro and GM a team modes. Absolutely love how in-depth BAP is getting. If the 12-year old me could play this game, he'd freak out about the depth.

All in all, very impressed with this addition and I've enjoyed playing it quite a bit.

FloridaCap

Beaglechuk Mania
Jun 30, 2012

It differs from game to game. Sometimes you can smash the AI on Superstar like 11-1 and then beat them on pro 4-3.

I find it hilarious, though, that higher difficulty = Chara shots for every player on the computer-controlled team. Your goalie doesn't stand a chance.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Here's something I always wondered about, maybe somebody knows the answer.

In the GM mode, if you aren't simming, and are actually playing your games, is there anything in the game engine that would make it a bad idea to start dressing a defender as a forward (winger), or a winger as a defender.

Per example, Erik Karlsson usually ends up with 5 star skating, shooting, hands, and senses, with 90+ offensive awareness. If you played him as a right winger, would it work?

Or a Patrick Sharp who is a two way forward that has 5 star defence. Could he be put as your right d and used as a two way defender without the game handicapping you?

What I'm basically asking, if a forward or defender has really good offensive or defensive awareness, is there a handicap in playing them in the opposite position?

Claimed Off Waivers

Mar 2, 2007
Montreal
This game is pretty good once you adjust the sliders. I turned Hitting and Hitting Assistance down to 0 and now I have realistic checks, no more Gerbe knocking down Ovechkin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad