NHL 13 Wishlists Thread

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO

Just found out about this game... would love for Be a GM to be a lot more like this, and i'd happily buy a separate game just like this.

Ryp37

Nov 6, 2011
it annoys me when you hit someone and when they're in the animation after the hit you cant make contact with different player they'll sometimes just glitch through,if they fixed that would make for some demolishing hits

clefty

Retrovertigo
Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
Been playing NHL 12 for the past six weeks. Its the first time I've played a hockey game since I rage quit NHL 10 after it broke my Be A GM game almost two years ago.

The AI needs a complete overhaul for future titles. Really badly. I'm not surprised people resort to cheese goals off the rush, because trying to set up real hockey plays hardly works.

Your teammate AI is what makes me crazy most of all. Their positioning at all times is just woeful. Defensively, they just blithely go off for a skate, I can't even tell you the number of times I've been scored on while the AI defender is behind the net or halfway up the boards instead of tying up the man in front of the net. I don't understand it - the AI Opponent does it all the time. Hell, they flat out abuse your players off the puck. So why are my AI defensemen gliding around like Pejorative Slurs?

On the breakout, they curl and bunch up at center ice leading to interceptions on breakout passes that you think are going towards the wings. When you carry the puck, they get in your way and skate directly infront of you as you're trying to enter the zone.

Offensively, they don't have a clue. They rarely get in good shooting positions, rarely try find open ice. They almost never go to the far post for cross crease passes, they sit in the middle of the crease, and if the puck finds them, they can merely backhand a pass into the goaltender instead of getting him moving side to side and tapping the puck into an open net.

When they go to that spot in front of the net at the top of crease to 'screen' the goaltender, you're basically playing 4 on 5, because they're essentially out of the play. You might get lucky and they'll deflect a point shot, but 95 times out of 100, they'll just block it. You can't hit them with a pass, because they're being molested by a defenseman and wont move. They wont put in a rebound, because again, they're being ravaged by a defenseman. And rebounds for you mostly fly in the air into the corner or behind the net.

The only thing my AI teammates have been able to do well with any consistency is take penalties. Whereas even with the slider maxed out, the AI Opponents will only ever give me a powerplay every second or third game, and half of those are puck over the glass calls. And in relation to that, going back to the AI defense having their way with your AI controlled teammates, a memo to EA Sports - Interference. Is. Not. Defense. You can't just go Scott Stevens on players without the puck.

Generally, so long as the AI keeps cheesing with its own exploits; IE stick lifts that work with clinical precision, Petr Sykora's decking your big defensemen and powerforwards with ease, while your own stick lifts only result in penalties, and your own checks so often miss, don't do a damn thing (or, makes your own player fall down) or just wont even result in your player attempting to make a hit at all- people are going to keep being forced to result to exploit goals. That ultimately leads to an unsatisfying experience.

Last edited:

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Nothing frusterates me more then goalie interference penalties that come from barely bumping the goalie usually resulting from being checked into him.

Also I seem to remember getting alot of powerplays when I first bought the game and now I hardly get any. That along with it freezing every 2-3 games....grrr...

Quarter

The caravan moves on
Mar 3, 2011
Ontario
Nothing frusterates me more then goalie interference penalties that come from barely bumping the goalie usually resulting from being checked into him.

Also I seem to remember getting alot of powerplays when I first bought the game and now I hardly get any. That along with it freezing every 2-3 games....grrr...
In the beta I had the exact thing happen twice, once for each team, in the same session (for lack of a better term). Burrows backed into Thomas, received a pass and then scored. No penalty called. Later in the period, my forward was pushed into Luongo (who went flying) by a defenseman, I put the puck in the net and my guy was given a goalie interference penalty. That gave me a pretty good chuckle.

bottomofthefoodchain

Feb 10, 2008
Stockholm
I hate standing in the slot holding "shoot" for the one timer when a player runs in to me, by default I tackle him and gets 2 for interference.
****ing interference....

Dylonus

May 4, 2009
Pittsburgh
My ideas

PLAYER TRAITS

Each player for EASHL should get two player traits. One is a PRO trait and one is a CON trait. It's understandable that even at 99 rating is a specific stat, players still aren't perfect (Can't tell you how often my 99 defensive awareness player has still let passes in the defensive zone go right past him :facepalm:) so let's add two traits.

One gives your player a "Boost" while the other is a negative issue.

Example - For a PRO, you can add "dangler". Anyone with the "dangler" trait has a slightly better chance of pulling off dekes quicker and holding onto the puck better. Even if you're 99 deking, someone with 99 and the "dangler" trait could have a slight advantage.

For CON you could add something like "Balance". If a player of a smaller stature (like Kessel) tries to take a hit from someone like Crosby, he might stand up to it. However, someone like say, Shea Weber, would still have a pretty good chance of knocking him down.

This could add a little bit of strategy to the game. So, let's say you're trying to "cheat" in EASHL by making a tiny character with 99 balance. Against smaller characters, even if they're high hitting, they may not knock you down. However, a large character will likely take you down.

What this does is it maintains the difference in players true abilities. Players like Sidney Crosby who have outstanding skating ability won't suffer the issues someone like Phil Kessel might.

All EASHL will have to have one PRO trait and one CON trait. Those traits could also very from size to size. So say, a trait like "quick step" in a large player could mean someone like Chara would be slightly quicker than another larger defender during a breakout.

Season Mode IN HUT

HUT needs something more to it. 4 Game tournaments and online play just isn't enough. Add a "season" mode. 27, 54, or 82 games, "offline" or online. Each difficulty (rookie to superstar) have different multipliers (higher difficulty is higher multiplier) and you could add bonuses. Say you win 20 straight games, you could add .1 multiplier. If you can win the cup, you get a bonus. Depending on your standings at the end of a season depends on the prize.

You could also limit the team ratings. Try to keep players from making a dominant team and using it on PRO difficulty by limiting team overall, or lowering the salary cap.

Better HUT options

Some things in HUT are too simplistic. There should be a bonus for specific players in specific situations. Someone like Jordan Staal on the PK should be better than say, Evgeni Malkin.

Also, there needs to be better chemistry options. NHL players should have chemistry with players NOT on their team. Like Petr Sykora, when he played with Evgeni Malkin, they played amazing together. Malkin should have an option to have SOME chemistry with Malkin. Sidney Crosby should not have great chemistry with Arron Asham and Craig Adams just because they are Pittsburgh Penguins. There should also be chemistry ISSUES with players moreso. Like having Ovechkin and Kessel on the same line should be a huge issue because neither are known for their defensive play. Having a team filled with 3 players who aren't great defensively should be a big issue.

canucks22

Feb 12, 2010
Vancouver, BC
All that I ask for is smarter AI...when a AI defenseman is beside another player, he WON'T use his stick, but instead will always try to go for the body check. It's pretty annoying when you have cherry pickers on the other team and they are pretty much useless in those situations.

beds

Jan 27, 2010
i would like to see the players celebrate together after a goal, rather than the scorer doing his own thing, big huddle like it actually is.

fighting being more realistic, maybe instead of starting it, the CPU challenges you? then the fight just starts, obv as a bruins fan to be realistic, krejci or seguin are not going to accept but if thornton or mcquaid are challenged they would drop em

suspensions for headshots etc

StormSurge9

Aug 9, 2009
Guelph, ONT
1) Free Agency like they did in Madden 12 (If you haven't played Madden 12, it's like a fast paced mini game, you need to know what positional needs you have before going in. Here is a video of it

2) A franchise mode like they had back in MLB 2005 (A legit owner mode, I loved it)

3) As an OHL fan, a Be a GM mode for that (Although I understand that would be a LONG ways away)

CanuckHero

Jan 27, 2012
NoVanCity
more commentary like the guys from RDS would be great, maybe some regional guys like in boston and chicago

Jack Edwards commentating. Sorry, but no I would never buy that game.

Maybe the commentators could have some personality. The commentators for the Canuck's games on Sportsnet aren't the most knowledgable, but atleast twice a game John Garrett will talk about cheese

Passchendaele

Dec 11, 2006
Something is wrong with the draft. You've got 19-year old players like Alexandre Lavoie going in the first round while, drafting last in every round I got:

1st: Nail Yakupov
2nd: Ryan Murray
3rd: Mikhail Grigorenko
4th: Griffin Reinhart

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
Something is wrong with the draft. You've got 19-year old players like Alexandre Lavoie going in the first round while, drafting last in every round I got:

1st: Nail Yakupov
2nd: Ryan Murray
3rd: Mikhail Grigorenko
4th: Griffin Reinhart

They haven't updated the top prospects. Just edit them on your own if you want.

Breakaway

Jan 31, 2012
Suspensions, realistic hip checks, Demand a trade in be-a-pro, prospects not named Nugent Hopkins to have some trade value, better goal celebrations, 2 person checks, more than 2 female faces, less tape to tape passes, more deking options, be a ref mode (Yeah that'd be boss), coaches in be a GM, chemistry stats in Be-a-GM.

SundinKessel

Feb 3, 2012
OK, so there are alot of unrealisitc and unreasonable player ratings in NHL 12 and some of the games preceeding it, and I created my own more realistic player rating system. This system does not rate speed, shot, etc, just overall. You may notice that these ratings are similar to the ones in older versions of EA Sports NHL. Heres how it works:

Legend:
85-99 = 1st liner/dp1
75-84 = 2nd line/dp2
65=74 = 3rd liner/dp3
50-64 = 4th line/minors

Skaters:

2010-2011 points ÷ 2010-2011 games played (example=41÷82=0.5)
(0.5) x 50 =(25)
(25) + 50 =(75)
the final number for a player who scores 41 points in 82 games is 75 overall.

conditions:
add 10 overall to all defenseman
add 2 overall to any player with 50-99 penalty minutes
add 5 overall t any player with 100+ penalty minutes
subtract 5 overall from all players who played 10-19 games
subtract 20 overall from any player who played 6-9 games
subtract 30 overall from any player who played 1-5 games

Try it for yourself, and maybe compare it to an older EA NHL game and you will see where i am coming from...

note: i have not made a way to realistically calculate goalie overall yet, i am working on it.

plaaplaa72

Jul 29, 2011
Helsinki
OK, so there are alot of unrealisitc and unreasonable player ratings in NHL 12 and some of the games preceeding it, and I created my own more realistic player rating system. This system does not rate speed, shot, etc, just overall. You may notice that these ratings are similar to the ones in older versions of EA Sports NHL. Heres how it works:

Legend:
85-99 = 1st liner/dp1
75-84 = 2nd line/dp2
65=74 = 3rd liner/dp3
50-64 = 4th line/minors

Skaters:

2010-2011 points ÷ 2010-2011 games played (example=41÷82=0.5)
(0.5) x 50 =(25)
(25) + 50 =(75)
the final number for a player who scores 41 points in 82 games is 75 overall.

conditions:
add 10 overall to all defenseman
add 2 overall to any player with 50-99 penalty minutes
add 5 overall t any player with 100+ penalty minutes
subtract 5 overall from all players who played 10-19 games
subtract 20 overall from any player who played 6-9 games
subtract 30 overall from any player who played 1-5 games

Try it for yourself, and maybe compare it to an older EA NHL game and you will see where i am coming from...

note: i have not made a way to realistically calculate goalie overall yet, i am working on it.

I'd like to have a abilty to remove OVR System, and if you would want to know how good the player is, the game could display to you that if the player is a fast skater, slow skater, has a good/bad shot etc.

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
EASHL

Fix drag wrister glitch and the slap shot while holding vision control glitch shot.

Tone down puck control. No puck carrier should take a solid hit and not at least bobble the puck.

Ability for the captain in OTP games to boot a goalie that sucks.

Take out goalie fights as too many idiots do this every single game and makes the game drag on.

Take out breaking glass. Unrealistic.

Ability to screen opposing team without having someone having to do it on the computer or be able to choose highest level opponent that you're willing to play. An amateur or pro level team should not be paired up against a top 50 team (especially in the playoffs) unless they are stupid enough to want to get blown out.

If you have a big club with lets say 20 players and there's 8 players in the DR at the moment, let them make line and position subs during intermissions. Maybe a guy has to take an emergency poop or something comes up and has to quit, but there's a player waiting in the DR that could take his spot. Or if someone is not having a good game and wants someone else to take over it should be allowed to be done. Or to just let everyone get some playing time. I'd say allow unlimited changes during intermissions and only one emergency player swap during the period.

Mhoogasian94123

I think there should be more authentic jersey designs like the NHL teams (I would love to be able to make a team with the jersey styles of the Flyers, the alternate jersey of the Senators, or the Flames Heritage Game) If we can use their colors why can't we use the jersey designs? I don't like most of the designs and to me the fonts are boring.

I would also like the 3d numbers of the Rangers. (I know. I know. someone that wants to use the numbers of the Rangers and the jersey design of the Flyers. CRAZY talk) LOL.

With the logos I wish they could bring in all of the teams old time logos. (They have the ATL Flames but they can't get the O from the 2011-12 Senators. I wish that you could also take some of the shoulder patches and have it as a crest on the.
*EXHALE*

Mhoogasian94123

Suspensions, realistic hip checks, Demand a trade in be-a-pro, prospects not named Nugent Hopkins to have some trade value, better goal celebrations, 2 person checks, more than 2 female faces, less tape to tape passes, more deking options, be a ref mode (Yeah that'd be boss), coaches in be a GM, chemistry stats in Be-a-GM.

Yes(I've tried to get suspended by getting consecutive game misconducts, Yes (and in Be a GM), and Yes(Coaches that provide certain styles of play [Defensive vs Offensive] to develop a better game plan and prospective growth. I would also like to have a **Breaking news** type of thing where our scouts/Assistants contact the GM and say something like, "I've heard through multiple sources that ________ wants to be traded. What do we want for him?

Dog

Slightly higher salary cap in HUT, also make the packs cheaper or better in HUT. They're expensive, and all you get is junk most of the time

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Be A GM

-Be able to Re-sign players mid seasons
-Have players refuse to re-sign with your team. If you offer what a player wants he accepts 100% of the time. Have how good you team is, and other stuff in the players decision.
-Full Ownership. Ability to relocate, work on stadium upgrades, sponsorships, advertisemtns, like MLB The Show
-Ability to Fire/Hire Coaches
-More TV Like Presentation
-Have the correct goal song/horn for each team
-Make trades more realistic
-Better Trade Negotiations, not just one and done

Mhoogasian94123

Be A GM

-Be able to Re-sign players mid seasons
-Have players refuse to re-sign with your team. If you offer what a player wants he accepts 100% of the time. Have how good you team is, and other stuff in the players decision.
-Full Ownership. Ability to relocate, work on stadium upgrades, sponsorships, advertisemtns, like MLB The Show
-Ability to Fire/Hire Coaches
-More TV Like Presentation
-Have the correct goal song/horn for each team
-Make trades more realistic
-Better Trade Negotiations, not just one and done
YES and YES. I've wanted this for a while but never bring it up because most of my ideas have been looked at like I'm crazy. I wish they would allow relocation like Madden.
They do a "Give me a couple days to think about it" type of thing. I like how NHL 2k does the trade counter. That would be awesome to do but I worry it would counter with the same crappy trades they offer unless they truly improve the trade offers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad