NHL 13 Wishlists Thread

Groin Of Bates

Jan 11, 2007
These sound good. I would like to see these changed/tweaked.

1. IMO, the open ice hitting is a little bit ridiculous. When I get concussed from a hit by Derek Roy it irritates me. Similarly, when I try to level a guy with Chara, they should take a good hit. Maybe more disparity between attributes.

This. This. And this. It aggravates the **** out of me when Im playing in a game and a guy like Eberle takes out Erik Johnson with a huge hit. I then would have guys like Carcillo be completely ineffective against smaller players such as P.A. Parenteau. It's an absolute joke.

2) FIX THE CPU SPEED/ACCELERATION. Im tired of being on breakaways only to have the other team gain rockets on their skates to not only catch me but never be penalized for it, even if my player gets tripped up. I'm also tired of hitting the speed option, where I'd lose the puck for a second to go faster, only to have the defense gain a speed boost of their own to cut me off and take the puck away. It's completely unrealistic and impossible in certain instances. Players such as Shane O'Brien should NEVER be able to catch Michael Grabner...but yet it happens EVERY. TIME.

3) Fix the CPU ability to utilize what I like to call "Titan-Mode". This is when you're leading in a game and the CPU gains a huge boost to all stats in the last 5 minutes of the period. They never lose the puck, they become faster, they hit harder, etc.

4) Puck physics. Puck physics. Puck physics. If the puck is in my skates, I should gain control as easily as the CPU does. If the puck is near my stick, it shouldnt just go through me. The CPU rarely has this problem. It's a joke.

These things really turn me off to the game sometime.

Minor gripe: Make the Be a GM stats more realistic. Skinner would never lead the league in points with 112. Ever. Nor would Taylor Hall lead in goals with 72 (yes, that happened)

Cool feature that I would like, as others have mentioned, would be identifiers on who was on hot streaks, cold streaks, etc. NHL2k6 (maybe 2k5?) had a feature where you got a newsletter saying who the player of the week was, goalie of the week, etc. Those make the game more interesting.

Gerin

Aug 15, 2010
British Columbia
i would like them to fix the International jerseys and bring the KHL play with Radulov or Mozorov against NHL teams

and this isnt something for NHL13 but i always thought it be cool if in Be a pro you could completely controll your players life like GTA(grand theft auto) start off in an apartment as a rookie and work your way up to a mansion, ect and if you get in trouble outside the rink your team gets made at you and may scratch you or trade or whatever, e.g. show up late for practice get scratched
i know its kinda a crazy idea and probably would have to be a seperate game itself for it to be really good but i just thought it would be sweet

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
In Online versus play:

- Ability to challenge a friend to a ranked match. Pretty sure they had this in the previous games, no clue why they took the option away and made it permanently unranked.

- When challenging a friend or doing a session match for a custom game, give an option for continuous overtime. I could see how this could be a problem in a quick match (games could take too long), which is why I'm only asking for it in a custom match or a friend match.

yideboit

Aug 5, 2010
i wish threads like this mattered:(

but my god ... there is a LOT i would change

1) ai NEEDS to be smarter ... breaking out on pk 3 on 1 ... dumps it ... if they break out alone on pk break away they dump it ... random dumps from the blue line at even strength ... terrible passing accuracy ... seems like those would be simple fixes ... dump frequency slider was in a recent game i though? and to adjust their passing accuracy seems simple too!

2) the goal tenders need to have some learning curve... or at least simply make them make some saves on the "glitch goals" that you see relentlessly online ... the fact that you can play 50 games online and 95%+ of the same goals go in is absurd...

3) passes through the crease should be poked by the goalie more frequently ... few things as frustrating as having to watch someone skate past you into the corner and zip it past the dman through the crease to a guy waiting on the door step ...

4) take replays and between period highlights out of online play

5) there really REALLY should be some sort of penalty for a missed stick check ... not saying like send to the box penalty ... but like the player shouldnt be able to skate beside you spamming poke check and stick lift and stay side by side until they get the puck ... 2 misses and they should be flat footed ... you NEVER see someone skating down the ice constantly stick lifting and/or poke checking constantly!

Neal with it

Jan 26, 2011
Like Madden, make a franchise mode that can be integrated with the online league function. A fantasy draft and playing a tournament style with your own drafted team is something i have wanted in NHL for a long time.
Or just improve the online league function for 1v1, with a Fantasy draft.

thegreaterikku

Jan 10, 2012
St-Ambroise
01 - Five or more presentation and randomize them.

02 - Update the commentary.

03 - Rehaul the attribute system. 85 or more should be exclusive to elite players only. There's a problem when you can shadow with any players with Hal Gill on speed only. In that same idea, remove useless attribute from the online part and give more importance to those that are keep. Played with a bunch of 85+ with a stock BAP defense and I was able to keep up.

04 - Remove anything that isn't play (hightlights, replay) from any online match.

05 - Make player position selection based on order they are entered (EASHL) and give the option to block goalie selection. In the same idea, try to match player based on best player overall not skill level. So elite, veteran would play together and new players are playing against each other. I am having a hard time convincing casual gamers that the online is good when they mostly play with veteran players.

06 - Improve game overall physic.

07 - Real arena.

I could go on and on like this.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
More realistic goal celebrations and revamped cinematics.

Players should be shown congratulating each other after goals and the cinematics between whistles should be more realistic. What about scrums when a player bumps into the goalie after the whistle?

WickedSlapper

Sep 20, 2011
Something has to be done in EASHL where anyone can have the AI goalie pass the puck right after he freezes it but before the whistle. I think they should make it so only the Captains have the authority to pass it or freeze it. There's too many times where the puck is passed out only to have it in the back of your net 1 second later.

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
One thing ive been thinking about for a while.

If they could implement Kinect and Move into Be a pro, that would be so freaking awesome. Especially goalie, which i would play all day.

DM Smiths

Jan 8, 2012
New York
More realistic goal celebrations and revamped cinematics.

Players should be shown congratulating each other after goals and the cinematics between whistles should be more realistic. What about scrums when a player bumps into the goalie after the whistle?

This. Most of the things that need to be fixed IMO revolve around aggression player chemistry.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Ea marketed the hell out of the Winter Classic mode being in this game. But why is it not in GM mode? Put the Winter Classic in the GM mode. Who wants to just play one game for no reason just because there is snow

Sensation

Apr 27, 2009
Cary, NC
I've always wanted EA to look at the way 2K does their Dynasty/Be A GM/Legacy (however you want to call it) on their basketball games. Done the way a sports game should be.

DM Smiths

Jan 8, 2012
New York
Ea marketed the hell out of the Winter Classic mode being in this game. But why is it not in GM mode? Put the Winter Classic in the GM mode. Who wants to just play one game for no reason just because there is snow

Good point. The Winter Classic in this game is just a novelty.

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
Got another idea for online versus and shootouts. Sometimes, I prefer to use my own line combinations for the games, and so do a lot of other players. I think everyone agrees that it ***** when you have to wait for your opponent to edit all of his lines. So what if EA made a system that would allow you to only change the lines, so that when you pick a team, YOUR lines are already done ? Obviously, you couldn't put a injured player back in the lineup. OR at least, when starting a game, make the line changing screen like it is in Be a GM or season mode, so you can just swap players instead of doing it all manually by going through the list.

Why do they always have the previous season's Winter Classic?
I'm pretty sure it's because the official announcement of the winter classic comes after the game is built and sent. I think they could just make a patch once the announcement is done though. I think they should include WC into Be a GM mode too, even if it's always the same arena. Just change the logos in the center and this would be great.

Frosty415

Nov 27, 2009
415 to 519
I'd love to see 3rd person fighting back, or atleast an option for both.

First person fighting with the players disappearing from the ice is meh.

FoSotC

Aug 16, 2010
People already went over most of the gameplay-related stuff I'd like to see improved, so here's a smaller thing; the ability to edit player appearances, in the same manner that we're able to with created players. EA apparently can't be bothered to give most of the players decent-looking faces, so why not at least let those of us who are bothered by it have the chance to do it ourselves?

What's weird is that some players that had decent faces in previous titles now have generic ones. For example, for those of you with both games, check out Thomas Vanek's face in NHL 11 and compare it to how it now looks in NHL 12.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->