NHL 13 Wishlists Thread

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
LOL

but seriously, I'd love to see then tweak beagm next ye

1) invites to camp- you can invite FAs to training camp, with theoption of cutting them or offering a contract

2) cut days like in madden. You start camp say 50 then after each preseason game u gotta send down X many guys.

3) contract demands that decrease as guys remain unsigned. A guy asking 3m on July 1 and getting no interest shouldn't be still asking 3m in Sept

4) proper waiver/recall waivers. Nuff said

5) maybe a countdown clock for trade deadline day instead of 2 or 3 offers an hour. Since when are trade negotiations 'one and done'? (Counteroffer and dickering is a part of the process)

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
LOL

1) invites to camp- you can invite FAs to training camp, with theoption of cutting them or offering a contract
That could be nice. I often wait until the training camp before signing the last few players, to see what is missing on my team. I think it would be better to have invitations, to make sure those players answer your desires.
2) cut days like in madden. You start camp say 50 then after each preseason game u gotta send down X many guys.
I don't think this is necessary.
3) contract demands that decrease as guys remain unsigned. A guy asking 3m on July 1 and getting no interest shouldn't be still asking 3m in Sept
Problem would be with RFAs : You could hang out on RFAs until the training camp and sign them for half their price ? Maybe for UFAs only though.
Might be hard to implement and some players won't understand it quickly and easily. The whole thing can get hard - Who is elligible, why does a player have to go through waiver after signing a contract, etc.
5) maybe a countdown clock for trade deadline day instead of 2 or 3 offers an hour. Since when are trade negotiations 'one and done'? (Counteroffer and dickering is a part of the process)
This is something I really want to see. Much more realistic.
See in bold.

Eamonn*

None of these are close to being at the top of my wishlist.

Mhoogasian94123

I would really like to have prospects be more accurate to their skill set when the game comes out. As the season goes along their skills and ratings get updated more accurately.

I would also like players requests for contracts to be A LOT more accurate. unless someone has a record year in points they shouldn't go from ELC to $6-8 million/year.

Trades should be a little easier (NO I don't want 4th-7th round picks = #1 draft picks.) I just want players to be moved without it being a total landslide in favor. (e.g. I offered Skinner 3X 1st rounder [15-21st overall] for a #1 pick and a scrub and the computer told me my offer was insulting.)

Martyros

Allow me to retort
Aug 13, 2005
Holly Hood
I would also like players requests for contracts to be A LOT more accurate. unless someone has a record year in points they shouldn't go from ELC to $6-8 million/year.

they fixed it in nhl 12.....except its still terrible and inaccurate. I signed Drew Doughty to an 8 year deal worth 3.9 million a year....
that being said, i'm tired of having young players constantly demand a ONE year deal.

One thing i'd like to see is if I can put out 3 different offers on the table regarding 3 different terms, perhaps the other side may counter as well instead of just simply rejecting the offer? the potential area of the game is still terrible. Crosby's game shouldn't decline at the age of 28.... Westgarth, who is totally useless other than his obvious role, demands over a million a year while he's at 82 overall.....which is better than Lewis,Loktionov, Voynov, Hickey, Martinez(who declines to a C- potential) in their 3rd years.

Reckless Abandon*

I would like to have my strategies be used the way I set them in my Strategy section of my Dynasty than to have it reset to default for every game.

Like seriously... what the ****?

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
Display a player's and trophy's full historical stat line.

It boggles my mind they're actually showing less history. There's no reason to prevent players from seeing how a given skater has performed from season to season or who has been the dominant players in the league. I mean, what the ****. It's something really small that takes away a lot of the flavor from the game.

Eamonn*

Completely revamp be a gm.. they need to take a look at ehm 07

Gobo

Stop looking Gare
Jun 29, 2010
Free Agency should be a negotiation. Not one offer, sim a week and hope he signed it.

Billy Mays Here*

Can EA stop being so ****ing lazy and finally get the real goal horns already? I'm sick and tired of listening to the god awful crap goal horn they give the Wild every year. Oh and more realistic fans might be nice too.

tututooter21

Aug 18, 2010
B.C.
LOL

Already have this

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Better skillset for recruits down the line

Better passing. Seriously I do not know what is up with this seasons but its next to impossible to get it to go where you want it to actually go.

Bud2790

Jun 2, 2009
Montreal
Better skillset for recruits down the line

Better passing. Seriously I do not know what is up with this seasons but its next to impossible to get it to go where you want it to actually go.
Really? I prefer this year's passing over last year. Playing club this year, I find it much easier to complete stretch passes to my forwards to spring 'em on breakaways/odd-man rushes.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Really? I prefer this year's passing over last year. Playing club this year, I find it much easier to complete stretch passes to my forwards to spring 'em on breakaways/odd-man rushes.

IDK man, seriously. I was able to play HUT on All Star and while I lost a few, I typically could win based on being able to cycle the puck and getting the advantage for the shot (no cheapies). This one, I ty to do the same thing and the puck just aimlessly wanders off the stick or in the wrong direction I am telling it to do and then I'm out of the zone before I know it. Happened before I left for work in a game on PRO. My Clutterbuck-Koivu-Bouchard line couldn't cycle to save their lives...especially when on the rushes.

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
I'd like an overhaul to Be A GM mode, as well as more customization options for created teams, like bringing back custom arenas, goal horns, and period horns.

Emery

Jul 18, 2011
Ottawa
I'd like an overhaul to Be A GM mode, as well as more customization options for created teams, like bringing back custom arenas, goal horns, and period horns.

Agreed about BAGM.
Also, why can't we CHOOSE our own team name instead of choosing from 100 defaults?

Degenerate191

Jan 14, 2009
Portland, OR
pdxduckpond.blogspot.com
I really hate the goal celebration cut scene. The custom celebrations they have are cool, but the cut scene afterwards should have the scorer hugging linemates, rather than showing the goalie taking a drink of water. Small thing, but it bugs me.

Sens With Benefits

Feb 4, 2010
Canada
I really hate the goal celebration cut scene. The custom celebrations they have are cool, but the cut scene afterwards should have the scorer hugging linemates, rather than showing the goalie taking a drink of water. Small thing, but it bugs me.

Agreed, its just laziness on their part.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Build a franchise mode. I remember in the old NHL they had it that when you create a team you also design the look of the arena(or am i crazy?). There should be a mode that brings up attendence, fan interest, revenue, player perception, etc... I know it's a bit much, but say you make a new team, you sub the team for another, sort of like relocation. Now, just like be a pro, there's performance tracker, expectations and so on. There's a hall of fame, showing first goal by the club, club leaders in goals, assists and points. Just stuff to give it a personal feel. The mode has to be significantly more difficult than be a GM IMO.

Be a GM. Honestly, just real expectations for seasons. 90+ overall team, "get 42 wins"...uhhh, yah of course. Besides, the wins are Pejorative Slured, most people who play will get that easily. "Win two major trophies (selke,art ross, etc...) and make the 2nd round of the playoffs" is better to me than what we currently have.

Players. Honestly, the full tracker should show. I hate that it only shows X number of years back. If anything, I get that REAL stats aren't worth much considering it's a game, but they should keep the entire history of his game stats at the minimum. Also, it should include the team he played for, not just the year.

1080p. Not really a priority, but why not I guess.

New commentators. Either new commentators or multiple commentators. Ideally, having different commentators based on a fake broadcast schedule would be cool. So as an example you'd have 2 guys doing the home games and 2 guys doing the away games. I understand that's much, so just switching these guys would be awesome as it is.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
One I just thought of...

When you're playing a game and it goes to the shootout, it'd be nice if the home team got to choose if they want to shoot first or second.

littleranger

Follow @thelandshock
Dec 3, 2011
The Capital
-I would like to be able to demand a trade in offline be a pro.
-Maybe fix some of the hits when a goalie explodes after being run over.
-Fix trading for prospects...some guys are just tooooo easy to get
-More realistic faces

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Thought alot about this in the shower(yes weird I know)

anyways

Gameplay:

Make it more smooth, maybe it's because I have PS3 but I experience a tremendous amount of lagging & stuttering in my game. They occur random times as well as when players are jocking for position in front of the net and when a big hit occurs. It messes everything up sometimes.

Like someone said better passing, I'll be on a rush and I try to pass to the side only to pass behind me.

Better checking and hitting function.

Better fighting, IDK why all the players disappear when u fight, make the fights more realistic as well. Maybe refs coming in and breaking it up.

Presentation

The cut scenes are good but maybe add a few more as well as more goal celebrations. Have cut scenes that show player interviews, players in the locker rooms, players talking to each other....etc.....When you win the stanley cup have more than just players lifting it. Show them in the locker room celebrating.

Maybe EA can do some sort of deal with NBC sports so the presentation is more TV like. That would also let the game have better announcers and more announcers.

Drafting/Scouting

Have some sort of combine, I know NHL has some sort of combine. Have a combine that lets you know even more about the players u scouted. Maybe an interview feature where u get to select 10 prospects to interview(idea stolen from 2k12, heard they have an interview process someplace in the game)

Make scouting more in depth, instead of just saying how good they are at offense, defense and athletic they are maybe say what some of their weaknesses and strengths are etc..

Let the user be able to make a checklist of their favorite prospects they scouted so when its time to draft them they can just pull up that list.

Free Agency

Instead of just having a player reject ur offer, have some sort of dialogue with them. Have negotiations.

Like in the NHL 2K series be able to offer incentives like more money if they score x amount of goals or x amount of assists

Trades

Like in the NHL 2K series be able to approach a team and ask what it would take to be able to get a player.

If a team approaches u with an offer let their be some sort of ongoing negotiations instead of just stop talking.

Thats all I can think of for now

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad