NHL 13 Wishlists Thread

JoeCool16

Sep 9, 2011
Vancouver
And how DiPietro is the backbone of the Islanders :laugh:
Or how the Kings finally brought purple back into the uniform :shakehead what a brilliant, timely observation in NHL 12.

I'd like it if there was a bigger difference in each player. It feels like 90% of your players are pretty much the same guy, and only your star stands out as playing much different. I'd rather see the fast guys noticeably zooming past everyone else while hitters make a bigger mark in their opponent. Right now it feels like everyone has the same ability level, give or take a bit. Overalls should be wider too. Too many people are falling into that 80 range that really should be 70s.

Pyromaniac3

Dec 19, 2011
Toronto
Here is my wishlist:

- Ability to line match before the game if you are at home. (Ex. Van vs Chi. Kesler line is always matched up with Toews line, Keith-Seabrook paring always with Sedin line).

- Hot/cold streaks.

- Player demanding trade for less ice time. (decreases morale of the team if not traded withing few weeks).

- A week before trading deadline, your phone starts ringing crazily. I don't like how there is only 1 day where you always get offers.

- cap increase during summer

- as some poster mentioned cap the overall of prospects.

- coach's give advice on what type of players you need (ex. PWF, TWF)

- ability to choose coach style (run-n-gun, defensive). Depending on the coaching style, the players should be acquired based on that style otherwise team perform poorly.

- if a player is on cold streak, his trade value goes down.

- Trading: Give a players a trade value out of 100. Let's say Grabovski is 80 trade value. If someone offers 2 players for Grabovski, then the average of the two players' trade value should be around 70-75. Their overalls should work the same. If Grabo is 85 then the two player's average overalls should atleast be 83-84.
For prospects, their max overall should be taken into account with the percentage of reaching it also factored in.
For draft picks, First round pick in 10s to 15s for Grabo, or 15s-20s + b level prospect or 20s-30s + b+ level prospect should be the trade value.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
they took a step in the right direction this year with the draft prospects improving a little, but the draft is still really bad. You should not be able to ever draft someone under 82-83 with the first pick in any draft ever. And they also improved the players tendency to request massive salaries for no reason, but its still pretty bad in be-a-gm.

Players should not catch the pass perfectly no matter what. The slider for pass reception ease does nothing really. Players should take a split second to recieve the puck before they can do something with it.

AND THE NUMBER ONE THING!
If this game doesn't have player tendencies and signatures next year I'm not buying it. Im serious, like NBA 2k6 and NBA live 06 had this and EA can't seem to figure it out yet seven years later? wtf....:shakehead

Every player feels the same, attributes and player types are nice, but thats still wayyyy too broad. There should be things like slapshot vs wristshot tendencies, consistency, and hustle, possibly even something like loyalty, etc. Whats even worse is that every player skates the same, shoots the same, puck handles the same, and so on. I could be playing with Malkin and if he didn't have a nameplate and number on his jersey I could never guess who it is. That has to change. I would be okay with even having like 10 generic skating styles or shooting styles. That would be enough for the first year to satisfy me.

And fitting in the same identity issue, I wholeheartedly agree with everyone suggesting team and coaching styles. Every team feels the same just as the players.

Last edited:

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Trading HAS to improve. In my current dynasti, I'm totally incapable of acquiring a 7th defenseman through a trade. I've tried to get A. Picard, B. Lovejoy, B. Mikkelson, M. Hunwick, M. Weber, A. Babchuk, A. Johnson (on top of my head). All of these have an overall number of 72-75 since I re-make all the players myself, but the only way I'm getting any of them is for a 3rd round pick which is just silly.

Kallejohansson

Jan 24, 2012
they took a step in the right direction this year with the draft prospects improving a little, but the draft is still really bad. You should not be able to ever draft someone under 82-83 with the first pick in any draft ever. And they also improved the players tendency to request massive salaries for no reason, but its still pretty bad in be-a-gm.

Players should not catch the pass perfectly no matter what. The slider for pass reception ease does nothing really. Players should take a split second to recieve the puck before they can do something with it.

AND THE NUMBER ONE THING!
If this game doesn't have player tendencies and signatures next year I'm not buying it. Im serious, like NBA 2k6 and NBA live 06 had this and EA can't seem to figure it out yet seven years later? wtf....:shakehead

Every player feels the same, attributes and player types are nice, but thats still wayyyy too broad. There should be things like slapshot vs wristshot tendencies, consistency, and hustle, possibly even something like loyalty, etc. Whats even worse is that every player skates the same, shoots the same, puck handles the same, and so on. I could be playing with Malkin and if he didn't have a nameplate and number on his jersey I could never guess who it is. That has to change. I would be okay with even having like 10 generic skating styles or shooting styles. That would be enough for the first year to satisfy me.

And fitting in the same identity issue, I wholeheartedly agree with everyone suggesting team and coaching styles. Every team feels the same just as the players.

I believe the draft is okay. If every player in the first picks where atleast in the low 80's, what fun would it be? Ever heard about guys like Patrik Stefan, Alexandre Daigle, Thomas Hickey, Nikita Filatov, Alexander Svitov and so on? Busts do happen in real life, and should happen in NHL too.

I agree with the other things fully, especially player tendencies and stuff like that.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
This may sound crazy, but these games are all about being as close to the actual NHL experience as possible...

But what about adding diving? Haha before you say no... Lets say holding down X or Y or something while you have the puck sets you up to "dive" if you are poked at your feet. But with diving comes a chance at you drawing a penalty.

And the more you dive the more it gets noticed (Be a Pro) and if you dive and get caught your coach benches you for awhile, etc. But lets say you are down a goal and need to get one back, maybe risk it and try to dive to draw the penalty. So its an extra risk, but it might pay off..

Hmm

Certain players would be better than others too :p:

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Id like for created plays to work in EASHL if you have computers

Also you need to be able to tell computers to be more or less agressive in situations. Like when the computers dump the puck on the PK when you are down a couple goals it kind of gets annoying

Tyler Durden

Sep 18, 2009
Anyone know if NHL 13 will be available for Computer? Its been a long time since any NHL games have been made for PC. Anyone know if there ever will be again why or why not?

Feb 21, 2012
Pennsylvania
Get rid of the stupid velociraptor arms when you're holding the RS in a direction while skating at someone in an attempt to try and hit them. Please.

NSHPreds1835

Glads/Preds
May 24, 2011
Monroe GA
Id like for created plays to work in EASHL if you have computers

Also you need to be able to tell computers to be more or less agressive in situations. Like when the computers dump the puck on the PK when you are down a couple goals it kind of gets annoying

Agreed the AI needs some serious upgrading. The constant dump ins, computer defense not challenging shots, terrible goaltending and the stupid little back and forth passes they make to each other are very annoying.

Jesus Vitale

Formerly CPZ17
Nov 19, 2010
Pittsburgh
Reading through this topic makes me mad because you know they won't do any of this stuff. they're probably going to add a couple more "legends", the 2012 Winter Classic, some tweaks and something "revolutionary" like a 3rd person fighting system that is only slightly better than the garbage that they have now, but still worse than ones from 10 years ago.

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
I can't take EA serious with a henrik Lundqvist having a 3GAA and sub 900SV% in GM mode

Not to mention that the Rangers apparently have bottom 5 defense in the league

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
I'd like a game I can actually play. NHL 12 is one of the worst sports games out. The number of unstoppable, guaranteed to work, glitch goals is more than every other NHL combined.

The one where they hold the puck behind their outside shoulder and glide towards the net happens in at least 75% of EASHL games. Works every single time.

The wraparound works nearly as often.

The goalie interference penalties are a joke.

Hitting people is 80% luck 20% prayer.

Apparently no one at EA knows what is and isn't a penalty.

Never have I seen a stick loft crack a stick clean in two and draw a slashing penalty.

Be A GM is embarasing.

Be A Pro is painful to play. The ambiguous and arbitrary letter grading sucks too.

The AI is insufferably bad.

The list goes on and on.

Last edited:

plaaplaa72

Jul 29, 2011
Helsinki
Reading through this topic makes me mad because you know they won't do any of this stuff. they're probably going to add a couple more "legends", the 2012 Winter Classic, some tweaks and something "revolutionary" like a 3rd person fighting system that is only slightly better than the garbage that they have now, but still worse than ones from 10 years ago.
NHL 2004 had the best fighting engine ever.

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
Get rid of the god damn pauses on EASHL

And an option to kick the Pejorative Slurs

I just quit before the game starts if someone picks goalie. Had enough of people letting in goals on purpose after they get yelled at for being horrible and letting in a wrist shot from the point.

Also really enjoy having the AFK guy just stand there all game. The guy that never passes. The defense man that plays as a forward. The guy who deliberately goes offside. The reasons to add vote-kick are endless.

Lundell4Prez

Yandle = Bad
Jul 5, 2008
I would love to see you be able to have different builds, say 4, for each position.. And actually change lines, with stamina greatly affected.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad