NHL 13 Wishlists Thread

NSHPreds1835

Glads/Preds
May 24, 2011
Monroe GA
I'd like a game I can actually play. NHL 12 is one of the worst sports games out. The number of unstoppable, guaranteed to work, glitch goals is more than every other NHL combined.

The one where they hold the puck behind their outside shoulder and glide towards the net happens in at least 75% of EASHL games. Works every single time.

The wraparound works nearly as often.

The goalie interference penalties are a joke.
Hitting people is 80% luck 20% prayer.

Apparently no one at EA knows what is and isn't a penalty.

Never have I seen a stick loft crack a stick clean in two and draw a slashing penalty.

Be A GM is embarasing.

Be A Pro is painful to play. The ambiguous and arbitrary letter grading sucks too.

The AI is insufferably bad.

The list goes on and on.

Very true. There are many times that I have played goalie and had someone run into me only to not have it called. Then there are times where the goalie barely gets touched and a penalty is called. The AI goalies and defensemen are atrocious and the guys who have thousands of goals scored cause they sit on their ass all damn day and know ever glitch goal there is is quite frustrating. The most annoying is probably where people dive at the goalie when he is covering the puck.

Last edited:

Patriks7

Oct 20, 2010
I'm guessing this has been said a ton, but Be a GM reaaaally needs to be revamped. I bet I'm not the only one who spends the majority of the time in Be a GM. While it can be fun, I would like to see them rebuild it from the ground up. There's just so much potential in it if they can get it right. I'll try to post some ideas later.

DG

Sep 19, 2006
Toronto
Awareness of rebounds. So many times, the puck just trickles by my guy in front of the net.

On both teams. And not just in front of the net.

Also, get rid of the goalie pass where they pass it in to themselves like idiots (like off their own pad in their own five hole) and create rebounds or shoot it in their own net or put in their own net off their own Dman.

I also reiterate, PLEASE FIX PASSING AND AI DEFENSE.

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
Goalie interference is Pejorative Slured.
An AI player on your team will run into the goalie, and as long as you don't score on the empty net, it's not a penalty :help:

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Be a GM really sucks

I tried it for the first time today and it is so frustrating. I offered pretty good deals and they all got turned down, and now half of the GM's hate me

That said does anyone have any tips? Ugh..

kovatroll*

For the KHL to be included, whichever of the league(s) is being the baby needs to stop, I miss Zherdev, he was always way too good in these games, like Komisarek and Lombardi.

ales83fan

Jul 13, 2007
Am I the only one who is absolutely bored by NHL 12. I played NHL 11 non-stop but 12 was basically the same game and Ive probably only spent 25-30 hours playing it. Im better than the CPU and I find it very easy and boring to play BAGM. If i change the sliders, it ends up that the CPU is just faster than me or have magnets on their sticks. I would like a AI that is not better than my players or has shots that go top corner 9/10 times, but one that is actually hard to play against but doesnt have an advantage over my players.

I also find that the CPU always scores in the last minute...always, when I have a lead, and there is literally nothing you can do about it.

-I would also love to see a multiplayer dynasty mode, to play it with my friends. It would add so much more fun to the game.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
Am I the only one who is absolutely bored by NHL 12. I played NHL 11 non-stop but 12 was basically the same game and Ive probably only spent 25-30 hours playing it. Im better than the CPU and I find it very easy and boring to play BAGM. If i change the sliders, it ends up that the CPU is just faster than me or have magnets on their sticks. I would like a AI that is not better than my players or has shots that go top corner 9/10 times, but one that is actually hard to play against but doesnt have an advantage over my players.

I also find that the CPU always scores in the last minute...always, when I have a lead, and there is literally nothing you can do about it.

-I would also love to see a multiplayer dynasty mode, to play it with my friends. It would add so much more fun to the game.

that's just you i think. NHL 12 is far from perfect but it's miles better than NHL 11

The Gourmet

Potage Le Magnifique
Aug 30, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
Like everyone else, I want better AI.

However, the main thing I want from better AI is for the AI to know what the score is in the game, how much time is left in the game, and to react accordingly.

I hate it when I'm down by a goal with 30 seconds to left in EASHL and my AI teammates do nothing but dump the puck in from center ice with no pressure on the defense.

In fact, I want some AI that does something other than dump the puck in whenever they get the puck across the red line.

kovatroll*

^ Or does something besides dumping the puck when on a Pk, whenever I bother to play a game in my Gm mode and I get a powerplay I just pull my goalie for the duration because all they ever do is dump it out of their zone, even if they could have a breakout breakaway they'll just dump it and line change.

Grabovski

Aug 12, 2009
Hamilton, Ontario
Add in the KHL PLEASE!!!!!!

And also please EA make an agreement with IIHF to let EA Sports use the Olympics, World Championships, and the World Juniors in the game. And also real International jerseys. Would be so epic.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
Add in the KHL PLEASE!!!!!!

And also please EA make an agreement with IIHF to let EA Sports use the Olympics, World Championships, and the World Juniors in the game. And also real International jerseys. Would be so epic.

This so much. Also, as others have stated, Be a GM needs to be revamped as well as the customization. The custom team logos are ridiculously low-res, I mean come on, we're not in 1998! I think most of the logos were already in NHL 04 if not earlier. It's just lazy.

Ability to choose from more than a couple of faces would be nice too, I mean, why can't I upload my photo to EA sports world and have a facial recognition program to convert it to 3D? Would it really be that difficult? EA makes Fight Night and The Sims, both have very good customization tools.

Bring chemistry back to all modes.

Make Be a Pro... better. Bigger scouting reports, go through combine, get interviewed by GM:s and more interaction with the media as well. Now it just feels like you live in the rink and that's that.

It would also be cool to have like, signs and stuff in audience, not just 5 different stock guys waving their arms around.

New commentary, even though I like Bill Clemet and Gary Thorne.

Fix the god damn background animations which cause the game to freeze sometimes when you load Be A GM/Be A Pro unless you go to the shootout first.

Fix the international tournament so it has 4 groups of 4 teams instead of 2 groups of 8. It's stupid.

Have the ability to play for your national team in Be A Pro, just like in FIFA. Get selected, play in the tournament, cheer with your team mates.

In a nutshell:

- More personal feel overall, especially to Be A Pro
- Revamp Be A GM
- Fix the glitches and the freezing
- Improve the atmosphere

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
There is absolutely no use in having the KHL and other europeans leagues in the game if you cannot start a BAGM with the house rules of those leagues. Absolutely none.

What I want:

Gameyplay: Improved AI, better goaltender, less glitch goals... realistic performance by the CPU.

BAGM: More focus towards finance and player development. Add in all the international tournaments. Make the draft and trading more realistic.

House rules: All the right rules for each league. CHL, SEL, KHL, all of them. Possibility to start long term dynasties on those leagues.

League interraction: In BAGM, have all the leagues in your dynasty. Have players sign in Finland or Russie. Be able to poach young players from these leagues, but also have guys like Radulov leaving for Russia. Make those leagues matter just like in real life.

Lots of improvement needs to be made for online play as well. But I mostly play BAGM and would absolutely love it if they just added what I wrote above. Nothing complicated.

Revamp the presentation, menus, announcers and all the customisation stuff as well.

Add in an option to start your dynasty as an expansion team, replace an existing NHL team and have everyone protect their players, and draft your team from a bunch of scrubs, and build up your history.

Add the ECHL. Have the option to not only start as a GM in the europeans leagues, but also ECHL or AHL or CHL.

Teams history/records: add in the whole record book, retired jerseys, etc. Make them matter in dynasty mode.

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
Player ratings:

96-99: absolute one-in-a-lifetime perfect players (Gretzky/Orr/Lemieux)

90-95: all-star players (Crosby, Malkin, Stamkos, Lundqvist, Lidstrom)

85-89: star players (Weber, Giroux, Luongo, Chara, Toews, Letang)

81-84: front-line players (Neal, Vanek, T.Hall, R.Suter, B.Ryan, Duchene)

77-80: secondary players (D.Clarkson, Beauchemin, Glencross, Bolland, Voracek, Klesla, backup goalies)

74-76: 4th liners (Cooke, Jason Demers, Sobotka, Moen, M.Eaton)

68-74: Most AHLers fall in that range

66-78: Most euro league players fall in that range

62-70: Most ECHLers fall in that range

57-73: Most CHLers fall in that range

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
For exemple Montreal:

Pacioretty 82 - Desharnais 81 - Cole 82
Bourque 79 - Plekanec 80 - Gionta 79
Moen 75 - Eller 76 - Leblanc 74
Darche 74 - Gomez 75 - White 75
Blunden 74 - Nokelainen 74 - Staubitz 72

Markov 83 - Emelin 77
Gorges 78 - Subban 82
Kaberle 76 - Diaz 75
Campoli 76 - Weber 75

Price 87 - Budaj 81

=========================

Geoffrion 73 - Engqvist 73 - Palushaj 74
DeSimone 72 - Nattinen 72 - Willsie 73
Avtsin 71 - Dumont 71 - Schultz 71
Fortier 71 - Masse 71 - Conboy 71
Slaney 69 - Berger 69 - Lefebvre 69
Bishop 67

St-Denis 74 - Stafford 73
Henry 73 - Callahan 72
Nash 72 - Mitera 72
Stejskal 70 - FitzGerald 71

Lawson 74 - Mayer 68 - Delmas 67

===========================

Gallagher 73 - Bournival 72 - Holland 71
Kristo 69 - Quailer 66 - Pribyl 67
Archambault 68 - Walsh 66 - Cichy 66

Tinordi 70 - Ellis 72
Beaulieu 72 - Dietz 68
Bennett 66 - Pateryn 65

RevUpThoseGolfCarts

Experts at losing
Sep 28, 2010
Philadelphia
Is it 100% unlikely that EA will create a new engine and upgrade the graphics including more detailed arenas, more (and more accurate) player faces, more jerseys (and remade old jerseys so they don't make players look fat), and more customization options when creating a player?

That should take priority before gameplay tweaks

JackFr

Jun 18, 2010
For exemple Montreal:

Pacioretty 82 - Desharnais 81 - Cole 82
Bourque 79 - Plekanec 80 - Gionta 79
Moen 75 - Eller 76 - Leblanc 74
Darche 74 - Gomez 75 - White 75
Blunden 74 - Nokelainen 74 - Staubitz 72

Markov 83 - Emelin 77
Gorges 78 - Subban 82
Kaberle 76 - Diaz 75
Campoli 76 - Weber 75

Price 87 - Budaj 81

=========================

Geoffrion 73 - Engqvist 73 - Palushaj 74
DeSimone 72 - Nattinen 72 - Willsie 73
Avtsin 71 - Dumont 71 - Schultz 71
Fortier 71 - Masse 71 - Conboy 71
Slaney 69 - Berger 69 - Lefebvre 69
Bishop 67

St-Denis 74 - Stafford 73
Henry 73 - Callahan 72
Nash 72 - Mitera 72
Stejskal 70 - FitzGerald 71

Lawson 74 - Mayer 68 - Delmas 67

===========================

Gallagher 73 - Bournival 72 - Holland 71
Kristo 69 - Quailer 66 - Pribyl 67
Archambault 68 - Walsh 66 - Cichy 66

Tinordi 70 - Ellis 72
Beaulieu 72 - Dietz 68
Bennett 66 - Pateryn 65

That reminds me of NBA 2K12, which is always a good thing. As good an idea as that is, it really screws with my head.

Here's how I have it now, which is a bit more conservative than the current EA "this players is a bust, let's make them an 84" system.

Pacioretty 85 - Desharnais 85 - Cole 84
Bourque 82 - Plekanec 84 - Gionta 82
Moen 81 - Eller 80 - Leblanc 78
Darche 78 - Gomez 78 - White 77
Blunden 74 - Nokelainen 76 - Staubitz 75

Markov 86 - Emelin 80
Gorges 83 - Subban 83
Kaberle 81 - Diaz 77
Campoli 77 - Weber 77

Price 90 - Budaj 81

EDIT: Couldn't help but try Pittsburgh

Kunitz (78) - Crosby (95) - Dupuis (77)
Sullivan (77) - Malkin (94) - Neal (83)
Cooke (76) - Staal (81) - Kennedy (77)
Asham (75) - Vitale (74) - Adams (75)

Letang (88) - Orpik (79)
Michalek (81) - Martin (79)
Niskanen (76) - Engelland (76)

Fleury (87)
Johnson (77)

Last edited:

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
They need to completely revamp how EASHL player types work.

Each player type should be at least playable - which is not the case now as some types are just useless unless you're just playing around and trying to see how extreme of a player you can make.

You should be able to develop your player (like in FIFA). It really sucks that no matter which build you pick there is always some glaring weakness to the build. If you're a good player, you shoud be rewarded with being able to make a good all-around build. I'm not against capping certain attributes for certain player types, but if you have development based on in-game performances it allows for a much larger diversity of players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad