NHL 13 HUT Thread (Both Systems) - Part 13

Status
Not open for further replies.

JVR21

Jan 27, 2010
I hate this game. It's the only game I've ever played that my team has progressively gotten stupider despite getting better. Every time I upgrade my team they just end up playing worse. 99 chemistry? Doesn't make a god damned difference for me. The guys still pass to nowhere, get in each other's way, skate away from the puck....so frustrating.

Example: 2 on 0 in on the goalie. My forward without the puck skates to the ****ing CORNER.
Example 2: Another 2 on 0. My forward without the puck runs into the goalie for no reason at all and gets a penalty.

Last edited:

TheQuackAttack

Jan 11, 2012
HUTDB 3.0 is out. Didn't expect to update again, but got the itch to catch up being that like 75 cards were missing.

Video walkthrough: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APn6AieEaGU
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/view/?ippj86d73azq3rz

What is HUTDB? This is a complete list of statistics for NHL players in the NHL 13 game mode Hockey Ultimate Team. It serves as a database for completing collections, filling spots on teams, and aiding playing the market.

Features list:
- Complete list of NHL and AHL players that are in Hockey Ultimate Team
- Complete list of Stars of the Week, Stars of the Year, Stanley Cup Edition cards, and Legends
- Checklist of sorts for collection people
- Sorting function
- Hide/show function
- "True Overall"
- Hypothetical Faceoff Ratings
- Low/High End Price Estimations
- Collection cost calculator
- Links to full list of every confirmed player in any league in Ultimate Team and how to build perfect chemistry lines.
... And probably more.

Anything you don't understand, ask away. Always up to help. Would be great if people linked this to each other when people needed help and the database could help.

TheNextDaigle

Mar 1, 2013
HUTDB 3.0 is out. Didn't expect to update again, but got the itch to catch up being that like 75 cards were missing.
Anything you don't understand, ask away. Always up to help. Would be great if people linked this to each other when people needed help and the database could help.

In regards to ice tilt (if you believe in that), would I be better off picking players that have a lower true ovr vs ovr? Or doesn´t the true ovr really have any significance?

Great job btw.

Grounded Star

HUT Rookie Sensation
Jul 1, 2006
YEG
www.facebook.com

Video walkthrough: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APn6AieEaGU
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/view/?ippj86d73azq3rz

What is HUTDB? This is a complete list of statistics for NHL players in the NHL 13 game mode Hockey Ultimate Team. It serves as a database for completing collections, filling spots on teams, and aiding playing the market.

Features list:
- Complete list of NHL and AHL players that are in Hockey Ultimate Team
- Complete list of Stars of the Week, Stars of the Year, Stanley Cup Edition cards, and Legends
- Checklist of sorts for collection people
- Sorting function
- Hide/show function
- "True Overall"
- Hypothetical Faceoff Ratings
- Low/High End Price Estimations
- Collection cost calculator
- Links to full list of every confirmed player in any league in Ultimate Team and how to build perfect chemistry lines.
... And probably more.

Thank you so much for this, excited to see what I can do with the new one, i used the old one a ton. even got special columns i add that emphasize things i wanna know.

Question upon opening the new DB, what is the player type FB in the SOTW database?

TheQuackAttack

Jan 11, 2012
In regards to ice tilt (if you believe in that), would I be better off picking players that have a lower true ovr vs ovr? Or doesn´t the true ovr really have any significance?

Great job btw.

Depends on what type of ice tilt you believe in. Some believe that the worse the stats, the better the player. Some believe that the players don't matter, the game makes them all the same.

Thank you so much for this, excited to see what I can do with the new one, i used the old one a ton. even got special columns i add that emphasize things i wanna know.

Question upon opening the new DB, what is the player type FB in the SOTW database?

FB stands for Facebook. EA gave away limited edition, highly boosted cards on Facebook a bunch a while back. They are up for trade, but in some cases, there's literally only 1 that exists. Like, there's no 93 Kane on Ps3. He's only Xbox. And same goes for Kessel in reverse. It's the case with a bunch of them.

Grounded Star

HUT Rookie Sensation
Jul 1, 2006
YEG
www.facebook.com
Depends on what type of ice tilt you believe in. Some believe that the worse the stats, the better the player. Some believe that the players don't matter, the game makes them all the same.

FB stands for Facebook. EA gave away limited edition, highly boosted cards on Facebook a bunch a while back. They are up for trade, but in some cases, there's literally only 1 that exists. Like, there's no 93 Kane on Ps3. He's only Xbox. And same goes for Kessel in reverse. It's the case with a bunch of them.

damn, wish i'd known and gotten a 93 eberle that card looks sick

PlayTheTrap

GM: 8 Cups/22 years
Feb 13, 2013
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Upgraded my team after pulling a Hall, SCP Moulson, and about 25k in training cards.

* = new

Zetterberg (A) PLY 88 - Toews (C) PLY 90 - SOTW Pavelski TWF 89
Marleau* SNP 87 - Spezza (A) PLY 88 - Kessel SNP86
SOTW Ladd PWF 88 - SOTW Little PLY 87 - SOTW Wheeler PWF 89
SOTW Kunitz TWF 88 - Kesler TWF 87 - Nash PWF 87

Phaneuf TWD 87 - Doughty OFD 86
Bouwmeester TWD 85 - Burns OFD 86
J. Johnson OFD 86 - Myers TWD 86

Price* HYB 90
Lehtonen HYB 88

Next up, gonna upgrade my Lehtonen to SOTW Lehtonen.

Last edited:

JVR21

Jan 27, 2010

That would explain why my 82 overall Raymond is the best player on my team full of 90+'s.

TheNextDaigle

Mar 1, 2013
That would explain why my 82 overall Raymond is the best player on my team full of 90+'s.

But it doesn´t explain how my Evander Kane is averaging 1 ppg vs my Mason Raymond at .25 ppg... Could be random of course, but Kane is so much more deadly for me than Raymond.

ChillX

Oct 8, 2012
Just won the Amateur playoffs for the first time in the top 50 now. Actually highest of my friends list now :) that is until I get passed by carter

TheQuackAttack

Jan 11, 2012
But it doesn´t explain how my Evander Kane is averaging 1 ppg vs my Mason Raymond at .25 ppg... Could be random of course, but Kane is so much more deadly for me than Raymond.

I think a lot of it is placebo. I will say, i've done a video of me using 60 overall guys and facing the world's most stacked HUT team and you honestly might have a hard time telling who is using which team. The difference is negligible. That being said, that only makes the playing field even, which only tells me that you lose when it's fair.

I do believe there is some scripting like there is in Fifa, where you just aren't destined to win some games, but my frustrations in the game come from being way too competitive for how bad I am. Always leads to disappointment.

PlayTheTrap

GM: 8 Cups/22 years
Feb 13, 2013
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Anyone else makes sure their power play and penalty kill lines are the best possible?

I swear sometimes I see 3 forwards on the PK and 4th line players on the PP with some opponents.

JHabs61

Jan 9, 2011
Finally figured out how to make pucks on this game. Turns out I just wasn't patient enough.

Has anyone used a Sotw Ehrhoff? Would you recommend him? Or any other suggestions for D that go for 50-60k or below.

Need to upgrade:

Sotw Timonen - Sotw Sute
Phaneuf - Doughty
J.Johnson - Weber

Would prefer to upgrade Doughty.

ChillX

Oct 8, 2012
First time winning the playoffs and won pro too. Got 3 attempts left for Elite Playoffs.

Grounded Star

HUT Rookie Sensation
Jul 1, 2006
YEG
www.facebook.com
Anyone else makes sure their power play and penalty kill lines are the best possible?

I swear sometimes I see 3 forwards on the PK and 4th line players on the PP with some opponents.

That weirds me out when I see it, I even have a spreadsheet that keeps track of my calculations of offensive and defensive overalls which I use combined with handedness to come up with PP and PK lines.

Got killed by the recent market fluctuations, ended up with a lot of cards that I made little to no profit on and a few I had to take a loss on just to liquefy my pucks again.

Grounded Star

HUT Rookie Sensation
Jul 1, 2006
YEG
www.facebook.com
Oh yeah, anybody on XBox interested in the following I'm thinking about moving? Send me your trade offers or puck offers here or Grog Swiller on Live...

All Forwards are Ottawa Team Changed
Zetterberg (center)
Marleau
Benn
SOLD

All D/Goalies are NJ Team Changed
Hasek
Myers
Burns
Bouwmeester

Interested in:
pucks (mostly)
Lehtonen/SOTW Lehtonen
SOTW Benn or SOTW Eriksson
Pietrangelo (obviously wouldn't be against SOTW or TOTY)
TOTY Keith

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad