NHL 13 HUT Thread (Both Systems) - Part 13

Status
Not open for further replies.

BIEKSA

Milk Hotdogs
Sep 18, 2010
Depends on what type of ice tilt you believe in. Some believe that the worse the stats, the better the player. Some believe that the players don't matter, the game makes them all the same.

FB stands for Facebook. EA gave away limited edition, highly boosted cards on Facebook a bunch a while back. They are up for trade, but in some cases, there's literally only 1 that exists. Like, there's no 93 Kane on Ps3. He's only Xbox. And same goes for Kessel in reverse. It's the case with a bunch of them.

Anyone know which system the 93 Karlsson is on? Would love to get my hands on that card

TheNextDaigle

Mar 1, 2013
I think a lot of it is placebo. I will say, i've done a video of me using 60 overall guys and facing the world's most stacked HUT team and you honestly might have a hard time telling who is using which team. The difference is negligible. That being said, that only makes the playing field even, which only tells me that you lose when it's fair.

I do believe there is some scripting like there is in Fifa, where you just aren't destined to win some games, but my frustrations in the game come from being way too competitive for how bad I am. Always leads to disappointment.

When you are using players with such a large disparity in skill, there is probably some kind of handicap like in Fifa (my brazilvers are unbeatable), but I am far from convinced that all players are equal. In the example Kane/Raymond the superior strength of Kane clearly makes him much easier to navigate into the slot. Not sure what placebo you speak of? Maybe you were referring to the other guy´s Raymond being his best player?

Regarding scripting; I recently had a 15-game winning streak snap, leading me into a slump of incredibly bad luck with to losses in the last 20 seconds of regular time (went 2-7 this period).

TheNextDaigle

Mar 1, 2013
Finally figured out how to make pucks on this game. Turns out I just wasn't patient enough.

Has anyone used a Sotw Ehrhoff? Would you recommend him? Or any other suggestions for D that go for 50-60k or below.

Need to upgrade:

Sotw Timonen - Sotw Sute
Phaneuf - Doughty
J.Johnson - Weber

Would prefer to upgrade Doughty.

I have actually never used him myself, but Tyler Myers is always difficult to play against due to his monstrous reach and decent speed.

Grounded Star

HUT Rookie Sensation
Jul 1, 2006
YEG
www.facebook.com
I have actually never used him myself, but Tyler Myers is always difficult to play against due to his monstrous reach and decent speed.

I can second the monster that is Tyler Myers, he's on my team and has been for a while, kinda thinking bout replacing him, but only at much greater cost.

I upgraded my Doughty to SOTW Doughty, and wow, what a difference!

MattyB79

Feb 26, 2013
so idk if the NHL HUT gods are now looking down upon my team because usually i am screwed by the ice tilt. I prefer to play with my favorite players than to try and even out the effects of ice tilt. i have a top line of UT Malkin - 99Crosby, and UT Nash so you can imagine the frustration of some games.

Now that that playoffs started i won my first game 4-1 then two games in a row i was down 3-1 until the last 5 minutes of the third period and both games scored 2 goal that i had no business scoring on. (Backhander from the blueline going in 5Hole) then both games i manage to win in double over time.

Its crazy how inconstant game play is considering i was on a terrible 2-8 slide prior to the playoffs beginning.

TheNextDaigle

Mar 1, 2013
What is up with the BIN function? I get thrown out every time I try to use it. Literally 2 seconds ago I was robbed of a great opportunity to buy Hossa for 5k. But as I pushed to buy, I was thrown out of HUT...

Grounded Star

HUT Rookie Sensation
Jul 1, 2006
YEG
www.facebook.com
Anyone on 360 interested in Lehtonen? thought about switching back from Hasek, now I'm really hoping my hasek that's up for another few hours doesn't sell or I'll just have to buy another, this guy's awful.

Either that, or I'm really starting to believe in ice tilt...

PlayTheTrap

GM: 8 Cups/22 years
Feb 13, 2013
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Anyone on 360 interested in Lehtonen? thought about switching back from Hasek, now I'm really hoping my hasek that's up for another few hours doesn't sell or I'll just have to buy another, this guy's awful.

Either that, or I'm really starting to believe in ice tilt...

Ice tilt exists. I was scoring 1-2 goals every 50 shots against scrubby teams (averaging 40 shots a game) and having trouble outskating them too.

PlayTheTrap

Feb 13, 2013
Winnipeg, Manitoba
And for the record, ice tilt is beatable. I went 2-1 in the 3 games I can say ice tilt was present.

Just go for more “cheesy“ goals. Their goalie will make ridiculous saves over and over but you can usually get 2-3 goals with luck. Play good defense and that should always be enough to win, even with ice tilt.

Grounded Star

HUT Rookie Sensation
Jul 1, 2006
YEG
www.facebook.com
And for the record, ice tilt is beatable. I went 2-1 in the 3 games I can say ice tilt was present.

Just go for more “cheesy“ goals. Their goalie will make ridiculous saves over and over but you can usually get 2-3 goals with luck. Play good defense and that should always be enough to win, even with ice tilt.

Oh yeah, I played poorly in my loss for sure, but that said, it was one of those games where Chara lines up a small guy and then falls down and the small guy is untouched. That said, I lost 2-0 because I didn't play well enough to win, plain and simple. Partially cause Lehtonen didn't more than my D but my D could be more solid, so I'll need to make sure it is for my other try through the playoffs.

Finally giving in, looking to add Phaneuf to the D core I think, not 100% on that though, seems pretty expensive for a 3rd pairing guy.

PlayTheTrap

Feb 13, 2013
Winnipeg, Manitoba
After 1 week (11 games) of my Pool League:

STANDINGS -----

Gretzky Conference ---
Messier Division:
:flyers 9-1-1 19pts
:canes 7-2-2 16pts
:edmonton 5-4-2 12pts
:blues 3-6-2 8pts
:stars 3-7-1 7pts

Orr Division:
:flames 8-0-3 19pts
:wings 7-3-1 15pts
:pens 6-3-2 14pts
:bruins 5-6-0 10pts
:ducks 2-8-1 5pts

Hull Division:
:avs 10-1-0 20pts
:kings 8-1-2 18pts
:hawks 5-3-3 13pts
:habs 4-5-2 10pts
:bolts 4-5-2 10pts

PlayTheTrap

Feb 13, 2013
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Howe Conference ---
Plante Division:
:jets 9-1-1 19pts
:leafs 7-2-2 16pts
:rangers 6-4-1 13pts
:nucks 5-5-1 11pts
:coyotes 3-8-0 6pts

Beliveau Division:
:sharks 7-0-4 18pts
:isles 5-4-2 12pts
:caps 3-6-2 8pts
:nashville 2-5-4 8pts
:sabres 3-7-1 7pts

Richard Division:
:wild 8-3-0 16pts
:sens 7-4-0 14pts
:devils 6-4-1 13pts
:panthers 4-5-2 10pts
:cbj 4-6-1 9pts

PlayTheTrap

Feb 13, 2013
Winnipeg, Manitoba
LEAGUE LEADERS -----

Goals:
(1) Ovechkin PHI 8
(2) Parise WPG 7
(3) Marleau NJ 7
(4) Iginla COL 6
(5) P. Kane LA 6

Assists:
(1) M. Richards PHI 12
(2) Datsyuk DET 11
(3) Spezza NYI 11
(4) Parise WPG 10
(5) Malkin FLA 9

(2) Ovechkin PHI 15
(3) Iginla COL 14
(4) M. Richards PHI 13
(5) Datsyuk DET 13

+/-: Chara COL +17

GAA:
(1) Khabibulin COL 0.95
(2) Luongo LA 1.28
(3) S. Mason WPG 1.30
(4) Schneider PHI 1.60
(5) Bobrovski SJ 1.93

SV%:
(1) Khabibulin COL .954
(2) S. Mason WPG .937
(3) Harding TOR .932
(4) Halak CGY .919
(5) Luongo LA .918

PlayTheTrap

Feb 13, 2013
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Oh yeah, I played poorly in my loss for sure, but that said, it was one of those games where Chara lines up a small guy and then falls down and the small guy is untouched. That said, I lost 2-0 because I didn't play well enough to win, plain and simple. Partially cause Lehtonen didn't more than my D but my D could be more solid, so I'll need to make sure it is for my other try through the playoffs.

Finally giving in, looking to add Phaneuf to the D core I think, not 100% on that though, seems pretty expensive for a 3rd pairing guy.

Phaneuf is worth it and you should look into using him in your top 2 pairings.

sniper515

Nov 6, 2009
Brampton
Can anyone help me out?

My buddy that plays on 360 hasn't been able to play HUT online or versus play for about a week and a half. Whenever he gets into a game he gets 'You have lost connection to your opponent' before the game starts. We've tweeted EA multiple times with no response. If anyone can help out it would be greatly appreciated.

TheNextDaigle

Mar 1, 2013
That´s it. I have officially had it with ice tilt and scripting. I am quickselling every single player on my squad including Malkin, SOTW Couture, SOTW Kadri, Datsyuk etc. Then I will delete my team. I AM*OUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad