NHL 13 Dynasty Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DekiSystem

Still Playing NHL 2001
May 23, 2012
Because I have nothing better to do this weekend, I think I'll use the Create-A-Team feature to create the KHL and it's possible expansion teams and then use them in an offline GM mode. Of course the names won't be accurate at all with the pain in the ass way EA lets you create teams but I'll try and manage. KHL players who aren't from the NHL will just be randomized stats because I really don't feel like analyzing their previous stats and finding a comparable NHL players attributes to write down. If I had NHLview for NHL '13 this whole process would be a lot easier but I don't think the program has been updated since the last PC release of NHL.
If that doesn't work.
Plan B ~ take the top 6 teams from each of the 5 European leagues and throw them into the GM as substitutions instead.
Let's hope I'm not too lazy to finish this.

Last edited:

Feb 21, 2012
Pennsylvania
Finally got the point where Be a GM is ruined for me. In the offseason after the 4th year and contracts are ridiculous. I have 75 million dollars invested in 31 players. After resigning all my NHL guys during the offseason I was left with one million dollars in cap space so I lost almost my entire AHL roster since I had no cap space left. The most ridiculous ones are Giroux at over 10 million and my 91 overall starting goalie at 7.7mil. I wish I could just turn salary cap off during a gm mode. I really don't want to start all over again.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Finally got the point where Be a GM is ruined for me. In the offseason after the 4th year and contracts are ridiculous. I have 75 million dollars invested in 31 players. After resigning all my NHL guys during the offseason I was left with one million dollars in cap space so I lost almost my entire AHL roster since I had no cap space left. The most ridiculous ones are Giroux at over 10 million and my 91 overall starting goalie at 7.7mil. I wish I could just turn salary cap off during a gm mode. I really don't want to start all over again.

You actually bother with your AHL team?

RyWy

May 26, 2011
Michigan
Going into 2018/19 season after winning our first cup.

Columbus Blue Jackets Line-up

Nyquist (87)-Gaunce (87)- W. Voce (85)
R. Hacket (82)-Mackinnon (86)- B.Ryan (86)
Austin Carroll (80)-Stastny (84)-Oshie (82)
D. Volek (79)- Lindgren (75)- Reaves (74)

Morrissey (88)- Johnson (86)
Murray (84)-Tyutin(83)
Auvita (79)-Lebda (75)

Jacob Riley (90)
Kevin Bailie (77)

With the exception of two forwards, all the players are real.

by the way, the Voce guy is a tank, 6'6 playmaker. Drafted him 2nd overall and he was already 82 overall with 4 1/2 stars.

Love the look of this team.

Number1SensFan

Jun 26, 2012
Another question. I simmed my first Be A GM season and saw Seguin go from 84 to 83... Had 49 pts. Couture went from 85-87. You think Couture for Seguin would be a good trade in GM Connected? We will be simming every other season.

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010
Not even close...

To cite just one example--Morgan Reilly remains below 60 OV in GM connected after year one. I believe it takes 4 seasons or so for him to reach the progression of just one offline GM mode year.
:shakehead

It's all random ... I did multiple test GM Connected leagues and multiple test BAGMs and they all yielded different results.

1 example proves nothing ...

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
A goalie named Braden Gamble was picked ahead of Mackinnon in my dynasty, so I traded for him. 55 overall, 5 star potential, two years later 90 overall 5 star potential. **** yeah

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas

It's all random ... I did multiple test GM Connected leagues and multiple test BAGMs and they all yielded different results.

1 example proves nothing ...

...did you get anything close to the same progression patterns between the two modes? (I agree individual seasons within those vary)

I've run two, a few friends have run one each, and a few other posters here have run their own as well. I'd say I'm working from a sample size of about 5, and I'm pretty confident in stating, again, that there's a pretty vast difference between progressions online and offline.

You say it is random, but really doesn't appear to be the case--either online or offline. The trick is, progression seems to work differently on a fundamental level between the two modes--online, it seems, it is linked much more to age than production--with most "jumps" coming between ages 23-25, particularly for 3.5 and 4.0 star prospects. 4.5's seem to jump somewhat earlier--but no where near as far (with the exception of Huberdeau) or fast as offline--even without any coaching upgrades.

Thus, in all five tests that I know of, Chris Summers jumped to somewhere between 81 and 83, but Brandon Gormley grew to only about 71. If you compare that to most offline GM leagues, I think you'll find there's a pretty big difference. How can it be random if the same players consistently end up with the same ratings?

You seem very certain, so I'm just curious--did Reilly, Galchenyuk, Murray, or any of the other top picks from the most recent draft "jump" in your modes? (E.g., something near the 15+ point jump they sometimes get offline?)

Last edited:

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
A goalie named Braden Gamble was picked ahead of Mackinnon in my dynasty, so I traded for him. 55 overall, 5 star potential, two years later 90 overall 5 star potential. **** yeah

5 star green goalies are insane. The kid from Red Deer--I think--Pouliot? He was 96 OV at one point in my GM mode. Full bar, still Green. Basically, un-acquirable, regardless of how many young 85+ players I offered. :laugh:

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010

...did you get anything close to the same progression patterns between the two modes? (I agree individual seasons within those vary)

I've run two, a few friends have run one each, and a few other posters here have run their own as well. I'd say I'm working from a sample size of about 5, and I'm pretty confident in stating, again, that there's a pretty vast difference between progressions online and offline.

You say it is random, but really doesn't appear to be the case--either online or offline. The trick is, progression seems to work differently on a fundamental level between the two modes--online, it seems, it is linked much more to age than production--with most "jumps" coming between ages 23-25, particularly for 3.5 and 4.0 star prospects. 4.5's seem to jump somewhat earlier--but no where near as far (with the exception of Huberdeau) or fast as offline--even without any coaching upgrades.

Thus, in all five tests that I know of, Chris Summers jumped to somewhere between 81 and 83, but Brandon Gormley grew to only about 71. If you compare that to most offline GM leagues, I think you'll find there's a pretty big difference. How can it be random if the same players consistently end up with the same ratings?

You seem very certain, so I'm just curious--did Reilly, Galchenyuk, Murray, or any of the other top picks from the most recent draft "jump" in your modes? (E.g., something near the 15+ point jump they sometimes get offline?)
They don't consistently end up w/ the same ratings ...

In some of my GMCs and BAGMs, the top 5 from this year's draft go up 15-20 OVR in the 1st year, some go up by a few OVR and jump later, and some go up by a few OVR every year but never jump.

Just using my sim leagues as an example since they're both in year 2:
Nail Yakupov - 65/81
Ryan Murray - 62/62
Alex Galchenyuk - 63/63
Griffin Reinhart - 70/61
Morgan Reilly - 69/59

That's 2 different GMCs w/ different results for 3 of the Top 5 2012 picks ...

And, from my offline BAGM, also w/ the September 4 rosters - http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=54593843&postcount=519

Yakupov - 64
Murray - 80
Galchenyuk - 72
Reinhart - 70
Reilly - 75

And my brother's:

Yakupov - 81
Murray - 64
Galchenyuk - 77
Reinhart - 60
Reilly - 75

And my Nashville tester:

Yakupov - 81
Murray - 80
Galchenyuk - 62
Reinhart - 70
Reilly - 75

Last edited:

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK

It's strange - in one of my GMs the same thing pretty much happened to me; I was right up against the cap, had no money to play around with, so had to trade some high end talent that I had no interest in trading but needed too because of the cap.

Yet in other GMs I find it so easy to maintain and manage the cap.

I think ultimately it comes down to cap management, although I'm sure a ridiculous contract request from a player or 2 plays a part as well.

I know it's a bit obvious, but try and lock up your young players for long term contracts and try and ensure that they are not ever hitting free agency come their primes. Ie. you don't want player contracts to be up somewhere in their 26-28 year old ranges. If that means low-balling on 1 year deals after 1 year deals, do it. Or sign them for a really long deal, for money that appears to be too much at the time, but is more conducive to their player potential.

I find that by bypassing contract negotiations during those core years, you can sort of get away with not having to end up with some of those mammoth contracts on your hand that can make the mode almost unplayable.

Also - would be nice if you could just shut off salary cap half way through if/when things get difficult for you. Like you, all cap-related issues happened some 5 or 6 years into my dynasty - that's a hell of a long time to invest into a franchise and a game mode only for it to be ruined by silly player demands that can't be controlled or countered

Feb 21, 2012
Pennsylvania
Yeah I might have to trade Giroux and a few other players if I want to keep playing that one. Next time I play I'll post my NHL roster with their contracts to show what I'm dealing with.

Last edited:

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
They don't consistently end up w/ the same ratings ...

In some of my GMCs and BAGMs, the top 5 from this year's draft go up 15-20 OVR in the 1st year, some go up by a few OVR and jump later, and some go up by a few OVR every year but never jump.

Just using my sim leagues as an example since they're both in year 2:
Nail Yakupov - 65/81
Ryan Murray - 62/62
Alex Galchenyuk - 63/63
Griffin Reinhart - 70/61
Morgan Reilly - 69/59

That's 2 different GMCs w/ different results for 3 of the Top 5 2012 picks ...

And, from my offline BAGM, also w/ the September 4 rosters - http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=54593843&postcount=519

Yakupov - 64
Murray - 80
Galchenyuk - 72
Reinhart - 70
Reilly - 75

And my brother's:

Yakupov - 81
Murray - 64
Galchenyuk - 77
Reinhart - 60
Reilly - 75

And my Nashville tester:

Yakupov - 81
Murray - 80
Galchenyuk - 62
Reinhart - 70
Reilly - 75

Setting aside the offline results--since they are pretty obviously different, it looks like your GMC are pretty much the same as mine, with the exception of one jump by Yakupov.

The point still stands, I think. Players don't seem to "jump" in juniors during the 1st year nearly as frequently or as far--with the exception of Huberdeau.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
:devils
24-34-5
53 Points
15th Place

Pre Deadline:

To LA;
Mark Fayne
Marek Zidlicky
2013 3rd Round

To NJ:
Chris Gibson
A. Andreoff
J.Azevedo

Waivers:
Daymond Langkow
Jakub Kindl

2012-2013 Trade Deadline
73_med.jpg

4 Hours:

The New Jersey Devils have had trade talks with the Tampa Bay Lightning all morning. Rumors indicated that the Devils were planning to ship off Elias and Brodeur, but talks went down the drain after the Devils were interested in Hedman.

3 Hours:

None.

2 Hours:

There is a trade to announce between the New Jersey Devils and the Tampa Bay Lightning.

To New Jersey:
2013 1st Round

To Tampa Bay:
David Clarkson
Andy Greene

1 Hour:

None.

0 Hours:

There is yet another trade to announce, between the New Jersey Devils and the Buffalo Sabres.

To New Jersey:
Mark Pysyk (4 Stars)

To Buffalo:
Volchenkov
Zubrus
2013 2nd Round

New Jersey Devils Lines:

Kovalchuck-Zajac-Elias
Josefson-Henrique-Crawford(63)
Tedenby-Langkow-Bernier
Boulton-Carter-Jannsen

Tallinder-Larsson
Pysyk-Kindl
Salvador-Sykora

Brodeur
Hedberg

:devils

getyourselfsomerest

Jul 22, 2011
I have a question. I'm playing a BaGM mode with my bro but he got a job in Alberta. Is it possible for him to play the same BaGM mode with me online?

Feb 21, 2012
Pennsylvania
Alright here is my current cap situation with my team. Looking back at this, I probably could have done a better job negotiating some contracts. If the numbers don't add up right it's because I didn't include some of the really low salary players in this list.

Projected Cap: $76.315
Salary Spent: $75.235
Cap Space: $1.080

Centers

Giroux - $10.610 for 4 years
Stepan - $4.300 for 3 years
Schenn - $3.100 for 3 years
Couturier - $2.400 for 3 years
Laughton - $1.135 for 1 year
Enroth - $0.910 for 2 years (Rookie contract)

Left Wingers

Hartnell - $4.525 for 3 years
Agozzino - $3.600 for 2 years

Right Wingers

Ryan - $6.000 for 5 years
Voracek - $6.000 for 5 years
Simmonds - $3.775 for 3 years

Defenseman

Ekholm - $5.000 for 2 years
Schenn - $4.800 for 2 years
Larsson - $4.000 for 1 year
Moore - $1.960 for 1 year
Ristolainen - $1.560 for 3 years
Morrissey - $0.790 for 1 year (Rookie Contract)

Goalies

Foote - $7.700 for 6 years
Eriksson - $1.195 for 1 year

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
I have a question. I'm playing a BaGM mode with my bro but he got a job in Alberta. Is it possible for him to play the same BaGM mode with me online?

You need to look into cloud storage.

You can save things onto your xbox hard drive, or your cloud storage device - cloud storage = an online storage that you can save it too.

I've never used it, but in theory I think you can do something like:

1 - Log into your account on Xbox (ie. YourGamertag01)

2 - Log onto Xbox Live.

3 - Transfer your Be a GM save file onto the cloud storage device (you might need to set it up. If you do, it'll take you to the setup stuff when you try to save).

4 - Have your brother log into your xbox, with internet connection, and recover gamertag (ie. YourGamertag01 - he'll need username + password).

5 - Go through cloud storage to recover the Be a GM save file.

**Again, I've never used it, but in theory, I think that's the way it should work.

jas202

Oct 10, 2012
Quick question how do Burmistrov (WPG), and TJ brodie (CGY) turn out in the game

Thanks

Last edited:

George Maharis

Risk Taker
Feb 6, 2011
nova sGOATia
I wish I had the ability to call for the refs to review a goal. I just scored at the very end of the 2nd period, right as the buzzer went, and the game just went as if nothing happened.

I went into the instant replay, and just as I thought, the puck went in before time fully expired. The puck is CLEARLY in the net and the green light isn't on. Looking at the time for the replay, the puck is across with 0.02 seconds left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad