NHL 13 Dynasty Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Confound

Vindication
Oct 28, 2010
Maine
I already know I am gonna be the real Hawks.

My lines are already going to be,

Saad-Toews-Kane
Sharp-Zajac-Hossa
Morin-Bolland-Smith
Beach-Danault-Hayes
Hayes

Keith-Seabrook
Meszaros-Demers
Leddy-Mcilrath
Olsen

Elliott
Crawford

I'm going to trade Mcneill and probably Teravainen for Zajac. Carcillo and Hjalmarsson for Meszaros, Frolik for Mcilrath, Stalberg for Demers and Oduya/Emery/Bickell for Elliott.

I would still have good prospects left over, Shaw, Pirri, Kruger, Lalonde, Stanton, Dahlbeck, Fournier, Clendening. That top 6 would arguably be best in the league, great young team too.

MC Ride

Feels bad man
Feb 4, 2009
My lines. Already did some deals :) Want to know what you guys think

Calgary Flames
lgo_nhl_calgary_flames

To Pittsburgh
Iginla
To Calgary
Kunitz
Tangradi
Pitt 1st
Pitt 3rd
Pitt 5th

To NYR
Tanguay
Cgy 3rd
To Calgary
Hagelin
Stu Bickel

To Vancouver
Babchuk
To Calgary
Van 2nd
Van 3rd
Van 5th

To NYR
Cammalleri
Jackman
Cgy 5th
To Calgary
Kreider
Rupp
NYR 3rd

To Pittsburgh
Bouwmeester
Cgy 7th
To Calgary
Jow Morrow
Paul Martin
Pit 4th

To NJ
Kiprusoff
Pit 1st
Van 3rd
To Calgary
Adam Larsson

To Washington
Blake Comeau
To Calgary
Wsh 3rd
Marshall
Camron

To Vancouver
Stempniak
To Calgary
Flo 2nd

To Detroit
Giordano
Cgy 6th
To Calgary
Brendan Smith

To Dallas
Wideman
Irving
To Calgary
Jack Campbell
Dal 3rd

To Boston
Kunitz
To Calgary
Malcolm Subban
6th

To Toronto
Paul Martin
To Calgary
Joe Colborne
2nd

and so my planned future roster is

Sven Bartschi (69, 4.5 potential)----Chris Kreider (68, 4)--- (Fill in through draft)
Joe Colborne (76, 4)----------------Max Reinhart (67, 4)--Mikael Backlund (77,4)
Carl Hagelin (77, 4)-----------------Jiri Hudler (81)--------Eric Tangradi (74, 3.5)
Roman Horak (71, 3.5)--------- -Markus Granlund (59, 3.5)Michael Ferland (62, 3.5)

Joe Morrow (63, 4)-------Adam Larsson (84, 4.5)
TJ Brodie (74, 4)----------Brendan Smith(77, 3)
Stu Bickel (73, 3)---------Chris Butler (78, 3.5)

Jack Campbell (6.5, 4.5)/Malcolm Subban (58, 4.5)
Joni Ortio

and in 2013 I have

Calgary Flames 1st
Calgary Flames 2nd
Vancouver Canucks 2nd
Florida Panthers 2nd
Toronto Maple Leafs 2nd
Calgary Flames 3rd
Dallas Stars 3rd
New York Rangers 3rd
Washington Capitals 3rd
Calgary Flames 4th
Pittsburgh Penguins 4th
Calgary Flames 5th
Pittsburgh Penguins 5th
Boston Bruins 6th

Looking to deal Subban for a 1st line D...

glasgow26

Jul 17, 2007
San Francisco
That post just made me way less excited about Be a GM. Looks like it's still waaaay too easy to make lopsided trades. So much for improved AI GMs.

MC Ride

Feels bad man
Feb 4, 2009
That post just made me way less excited about Be a GM. Looks like it's still waaaay too easy to make lopsided trades. So much for improved AI GMs.

No that was with other GM's from my GM connected....

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
Agreed. Though some cpu trades may still be stange, trading as a whole has been improved. For example, its nearly impossible to land the first overall pick

J/w, is there still the "cheat" where at the beginning of the season you can swap your 1st with anyone else's, give or take a late pick?

What I mean is that you could say, as the Los Angeles Kings, approach the Columbus Blue Jackets and swap your 1st round picks right before the start of the season, maybe with you having to add a 3rd or a 4th to make it happen. Since the Kings are a strong team and the Jackets are a weak one odds are you would've guaranteed yourself a lottery pick for a 20-30 choice.

The problem was that the AI judged a pick's worth by their positioning in the standings with little consideration being taken for the teams' actual ratings.

MC Ride

Feels bad man
Feb 4, 2009
J/w, is there still the "cheat" where at the beginning of the season you can swap your 1st with anyone else's, give or take a late pick?

What I mean is that you could say, as the Los Angeles Kings, approach the Columbus Blue Jackets and swap your 1st round picks right before the start of the season, maybe with you having to add a 3rd or a 4th to make it happen. Since the Kings are a strong team and the Jackets are a weak one odds are you would've guaranteed yourself a lottery pick for a 20-30 choice.

The problem was that the AI judged a pick's worth by their positioning in the standings with little consideration being taken for the teams' actual ratings.

No. If a team is willing to trade a pick/player, that player will be highlighted in red on the trade menu. If a team decides it is not a contender, generally there first 2 or 3 picks will not be highlighted...

Visnovsky

Aug 20, 2010
Finland
I have a dream:

"Clowe"-Bozak-Kessel
VanRiemsdyk-Grabovski-Lupul
Kadri-"Kelly/Bolland"-Kulemin
"Prust"-McClement-Brown

Phaneuf-Gardiner
Liles-"Murray"
Gunnarsson-Holzer

Reimer
Scrivens

So, that is the team I'm hoping to start the 2012-2013 season with... But I doubt that these trade-chips are enough: MacArthur, Connolly, Lombardi, Komisarek, Franson, Steckel...

We'll see... :handclap:

Along the way, my goal is to draft a true number 1 center (Barkov?), and number one goalie (Husso?). Stanley Cup of course, is the main goal.

Last edited:

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Do prospect's faceoff ratings increase as well? McNeil starts out with a 75 and Teuvo with a 70, i'm hoping they get higher as these two get better.

matt1396

Jul 28, 2012
Toronto
My team in one league:
Nash-Crosby-Perry
Kunitz-Stamkos-Kennedy
Bertuzzi-Pyatt-Cooke
Jeffrey-Steckel-Adams

Letang-Mcdonagh
Mitchell-Ference
Bergeron-Fistric

Fleury
Reimer

and this is a gm connected league

sully6one

Unregistered User
Aug 6, 2011
Michigan
I'll be doing the Detroit Red Wings once I get the game. I will make it as realistic as possible and try to limit my amazing free agent signings. I always thought realistic ones were more fun to read. I may end up doing another one with a different team and rebuild them. I'll keep them in separate posts.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Think my first GM will be with Calgary after watching the GM online videos of 2bc. Will probably start a Pittsburgh one afterwards.

When rebuilding, I might try and get some more impact players back though opposed to the ones he got.

matt1396

Jul 28, 2012
Toronto
I started an offline Be a GM mode today and after one day I got propsed this from Calgary...

Iginla for Tangradi and Johnson.

I'm sorry but what the hell did EA do for GM Brain? Sure they will deny ridiculous requests but it seems like they are sending out some ridiculous offers.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
I started an offline Be a GM mode today and after one day I got propsed this from Calgary...

Iginla for Tangradi and Johnson.

I'm sorry but what the hell did EA do for GM Brain? Sure they will deny ridiculous requests but it seems like they are sending out some ridiculous offers.

Calgary is in rebuild mode, or at least, should be. Trading Iginla makes sense and a deal would include Tangradi I'd guess as he's a decent player with potential but Johnson?

You can get better than. Some odd deals but some good things I've seen making it look better.

matt1396

Jul 28, 2012
Toronto
Calgary is in rebuild mode, or at least, should be. Trading Iginla makes sense and a deal would include Tangradi I'd guess as he's a decent player with potential but Johnson?

You can get better than. Some odd deals but some good things I've seen making it look better.

yeah I accepted that offer the moment I saw it lol, but there have been some strange trades like Gill for a 1st.. WTF?!!

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
yeah I accepted that offer the moment I saw it lol, but there have been some strange trades like Gill for a 1st.. WTF?!!

He did get a 2nd+Geoffrion+Slaney (granted, mostly just to free up contract space) in real life...

SUBdrewgANS

Let's Go Pens!
Dec 4, 2007
Abington, PA
www.drewklevan.com
Kunitz 83 - Malkin 91 - Neal 84
Hemsky 83 - Crosby 95 - Okposo 81
Jeffery 74 - Bozak 80 - Cooke 79
Glass 72 - Vitale 71 2.5w - King 72
Adams 74 - Kuehnhackl 60 2.5y

Letang 90 - Orpik 84
Niskanen 82 - Klesla 82