NHL 13 Dynasty Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Visnovsky

Aug 20, 2010
Finland
Last weekend I started an interesting experiment.

I substituted the Islanders with IFK Helsinki, put all Islanders to free agent list, and replaced IFK's players with only Finnish players. I only draft and trade for Finnish players, no foreigners allowed! :laugh:

I have simulated 3 seasons, and I've won 2 SC's... Rinne is pure gold.

One thing that's interesting, is that Finnish players that play in Europe, almost all of them are on the market after 1st season, and they progress really well. As an example, Roope Talaja was 80 after first season, and he was an awesome pickup from the free agency for me. Also Joonas Jalvanti, who is now 81, after 3 seasons. For some reason Finnish players are also very cheap to sign, so I'm having a bit of a trouble with the cap-floor... But, oh well, maybe I'll just offer an insane contract for someone like Mikko Koivu, when his contract runs out. :handclap:

Just one more thing, I'm having trouble to get Jani Hakanpää... He plays for Nashville and is 84 overall. His trade value isn't even that high, but Nashville just won't give him up. Any advice on how to get him? His value's about 1/5-1/6 of the value bar.

e: If I remember correctly, my line-up is as following:

Joensuu-M.Koivu-Talaja
J.Jokinen-Mi.Granlund-Barkov
Korpikoski-Filppula-Roppo
Bergenheim-T.Ruutu-Elo

Pitkänen-Jalvanti
Melart-Maatta
Lehtivuori-Eronen

Rinne
Ortio

Last edited:

KuemperTantrum

Aug 11, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Started a new Beagm with my created team the Windsor Warriors. I took the whole TPS team from the SM-Liiga as my roster and replaced Columbus, also had the CPU manage the cap for me :handclap:.

Anyways, during the first year Florida put Ellerby on waivers and I claimed him and his progression has been unreal. He went from a 77 the first year to and 82 the next, and then the third year he jumped to an 87! I've had him on the top pairing this whole time, and last year he and Ryan Murray played together and Murray jumped up to an 85, not bad.

Never seen Ellerby progress this well and I'm impressed. I also had the first overall pick this year and got some sweet power forward from the Czech Republic named Radek Petruzalek. He's a 77 overall, 4 1/2 star gold prospect, 6'0" 219lbs. All of his shot stats are over 81, his speed and acceleration are both 82 and his body checking his 87! He's also only 18 so I should have a lot of good years developing him.

Just finished the 2016-2017 season and had a rookie on my team Abraham Beckett score 58 goals and 100 points in his rookie year. He won the Hart, the Calder, the Ted Lindsay, and the Maurice Richard. :amazed:

His whole line was on fire all year long, it was him, Krejci, who put up 51 assists and 76 points, and then the 1st overall pick from a couple years ago, Radek Petruzalek, who put up 28 goals and 81 points and all of them had a +/- over 40.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Does anybody know how important it is to let forwards play on their original position? I was thinking of switching Eberle from RW to LW, as I prefer right-handed shooters more on the left. Also, I would like to swith Henrique from C to RW, as he's only 60 at face-offs.
Does this affect their OVR progression in any way?

Thanks! :)

I don't think it's that important. I had Sam Fioretti on the RW in his second season because his FO rating was so bad and he went from a 75 to an 81. Put up 48 points.

RyWy

May 26, 2011
Michigan
I thought this was an interesting AI trade. What do you guys thinks??

To Florida:
Vincent Lecavalier

To Tampa:
Stephen Weiss
2nd Round Pick

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Both my NHL team and AHL affiliate are off to red hot starts to the 13-14 season (28-9-1 for Buffalo and 25-4-1 for Rochester, all simmed). These are my rosters:
T. Ennis (84) - A. Henrique (82) - J. Pominville "C" (87)
T. Vanek "A" (85) - M. Grigorenko (79) - D. Stafford (83)
M. Foligno (79) - Z. Girgensons (81)* - N. Gerbe (83)
B. Geffrion (76) - S. Ott (79) - C. Tropp (75)
x K. Chipchura (73)

C. Ehrhoff (85) - T. Myers "A" (88)
R. Murray (80) - A. Sekera (85)
B. McNabb (79) - J. Leopold (85)
x M. Weber (79)

R. Miller (92)
J. Enroth (80)

R. Schremp (74) - K. Porter "C" (76) - J. Fontaine (74)
P. O'Sullivan (76) - P. Szczechura "A" (73) - J. Armia (72)
M. Ryan (73) - D. Catenacci (66) - T. Marcinko (74)
M. Ellis (72) - M. Voakes (66) - M. Legault (70)
x T. Turnbull (63), I. Gongalsky (63), P. Varone (67), C. Stuart (69)

D. Siemens (75) - M. Pysyk "A" (74)
J. Finley (75) - R. Ristolainen (71)
D. Persson (75) - T. Brennan (74)
x A. Biega (72), D. Janik (72), M. MacKenzie (63)

D. MacIntyre (72)
R. Ullberg (68)
x D. Leggio (66)

Top prospects outside of the NHL/AHL:
Hunter Shinkaruk (76 4.5 yellow stars)
Seth Jones (71 4 yellow stars)*
Kerby Rychel (60 3.5 yellow stars)
Jusso Ikonen (60 3.5 yellow stars)
Brandon Potomak (45 3.5 yellow stars)

* = Created players

I really made out like a bandit in the 2013 draft. Traded for TBL's 1st before the season started, and they finished 27th. Traded that and my 2nd in 2014 to move up from 3rd to 2nd overall so I could get Shinkaruk. Also had Phoenix's pick (9th overall), which I used on Jones, and then my own pick in the mid-20s, where I selected Ullberg. Had another 3 picks in the 2nd round, where I grabbed Ikonen, Rychel, and Ristonlainen, and then picked Potomak near the end of the 3rd.

Hoping a couple of them have big overall jumps so I can get a few more ELC's on my roster. I'm only ~3mil away from the cap ceiling, and I've got a bunch of players with expiring contracts this off season that will likely ask for more money.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
:devils

Fail for Nail Success

nail_yakupov_sar_012712.jpg

Yakupov was taking 1st overall by the New Jersey Devils.

5735673.jpg

Josh Morrissey taken 14th overall by the New Jersey Devils.

7225820.bin

Michael Bell taken in the 4th round by the New Jersey Devils.

The memo "Fail for Nail", was like a prophecy for the New Jersey Devils, who were slated to pick 1st overall at the 2012 NHL Entry Draft. It was a no brainer who they would pick, and that was left winger Nail Yakupov. A Russian native, Yakupov played for the Sarnia Sting in 2011-2012 season. "I'm extremely happy to play for the Devils, it was like a dream come true for me. It's a fairy tail." the Devils General Manager had a few things to say. "I was very to happy to select Yakupov. We needed a skilled player who can control the game, which Yakupov provided. We expect him to make the NHL squad this year, but we will have to wait and see. For now, let's just get the rest of the draft over with."

With that said, the New Jersey Devils didn't have a busy draft this year. They only picked two more times after the selection of Nail Yakupov. One was defenseman Josh Morrissey, who was taken 14th overall(TB) in the 1st round, and the other was right winger Michael Bell, who was taken in the 4th round.

1st Round (1st Overall): Nail Yakupov- LW- 4 1/2 Stars
1st Round (14th Overall): Josh Morrisey- D- 3 1/2 Stars
4th Round: Michael Bell- RW - 3 Stars

:devils

RyWy

May 26, 2011
Michigan
I'm thinking of starting up as the San Jose Sharks but starting a rebuild.
They've had their chance for success but that window is closing as all their star players are ageing. I'm contemplating if I should attempt one last shot at the Cup in the first season then start a rebuild, or if I should just start one straight away.
The only players who I would not trade would be
- Logan Coture
- Jason Demers
- Marc-Edouard Vlasic
- Any decent prospects (3 and a half star and above)

Thoughts?

bigwoz62

Sep 7, 2012
Victoria, BC
They've had their chance for success but that window is closing as all their star players are ageing. I'm contemplating if I should attempt one last shot at the Cup in the first season then start a rebuild, or if I should just start one straight away.
- Logan Coture
- Jason Demers
- Marc-Edouard Vlasic

Thoughts?

Sounds good. I am thinking of starting one of the Flames since their perpetual patching and not making the playoffs isn't working. Or another team not playing in Toronto. I would have to burn my PS3 if I did Toronto.

I think it is important to do it realistically though. Not dumping everyone over 30 iun first season.

I have read that the progression of your players isn't as good if you make a "rookie" team and lose for 2 years. They don't progress, they seem to get caught up in the losing and get depressed :cry:

I'm not a fan of guys who post "look at my team, I have Eberle, Hall, Murray, Baertshi, M Subban, Gibson, etc. I am such a good GM!!" It's just not realistic...

That's just me tho.

DekiSystem

Still Playing NHL 2001
May 23, 2012
- Logan Coture
- Jason Demers
- Marc-Edouard Vlasic

Thoughts?
My thoughts, you'll choke in the playoffs because it's San Jose I'd go for the rebuild. Trade off the aging stars and acquire new talent (meaning never sign Giroux if given the opportunity).
[size=-5]Best player in the world my ass.[/size]
I'd recommend building goaltending first, then defense, then offense.
Also, your team will need a goon, I recommend Riley Emmerson. 90 checking, 99 balance, and he's only, I think, 27.

Diamondillium

DO YOU WANT ANTS!?
Aug 22, 2011
Edmonton, AB
- Logan Coture
- Jason Demers
- Marc-Edouard Vlasic

Thoughts?
Just to make your decision difficult, since the last person said go straight into the rebuild, I say try to contend for a year or two. Your stars will still have pretty good trade value in 2 years, and might as well suck the last good years out of them wile you can, and get your GM reputation pretty high to start it off, then use that to get some better picks/prospects for your veterans when you do decide to rebuild.

bigwoz62

Sep 7, 2012
Victoria, BC
Also, your team will need a goon, I recommend Riley Emmerson. 90 checking, 99 balance, and he's only, I think, 27.

Can't argue with the love for Goons, but Emmerson? I have seen the guy play! I love him and all (partial man-crush) but his overall should be about a 27 too. The ECHL is a stretch for him!

He is like 6'8". Poor-man's Boogard... :fight: Play him on the 4th line while double shifting another forward. Play him 1-2 shifts per game in the perfect situation. Nobody will fight him because he is too tough, and he will get walked around by even the most pedestrian skaters. You will have trouble lining up actual hits because he is like driving a boat! Not built for sharp turns. Realistically he would fall every time he turned at 1/2 speed or faster.

Just a warning...

jas202

Oct 10, 2012
Would it be smarter to leave a 21 year old 74 overall Bartschi in the minors for another season for development or have him up in the NHL on the 2nd/3rd line

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Would it be smarter to leave a 21 year old 74 overall Bartschi in the minors for another season for development or have him up in the NHL on the 2nd/3rd line

It would be smartest to glue him to your first line, for everything (even strength, PP, PK, etc.)

RyWy

May 26, 2011
Michigan
Playing as San Jose. Trying one last chance at the Cup in the first year, while aquiring some young players at the same time.
Any ideas which prospects I should trade for?
I don't want to go after Hall, RNH, Seguin, Eberle etc. I like to keep it realistic and players like that wouldn't be up for trade.
I have made one trade already to acquire Martin Frk (Bias, I'm a Wings fan)

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! :)

Last edited:

RyWy

May 26, 2011
Michigan
Calgary just offered me Bartschi and a 2014 3rd round pick for Burns.

My rebuild isn't meant to be in full swing yet... But I like this offer a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad