Kreider - S.Fioretti - Callahan
Hagelin - Stepan - Korpikoski
M.Foligno - O.Lindberg - A.Shaw

R.McDonagh - R.Ristolainen
M.Staal - M.Kousa
K.Lowe - D.McIlrath

H.Lundqvist
J.Missiaen

Picked up Ristolainen and Fioretti in rounds 1 and 2 of the 2013 draft. Most know how crazy good Ristolainen gets, but Fioretti was a nice surprise. 84 overall and has crazy offensive categories. Lousy defensively, but that's okay.

Kousa was a FA pickup and after two years in the AHL had a great rookie NHL season. Currently at an 84 overall I believe. Lowe is seriously overrated in this game, but oh well. Huge shot from the point. Had him on my 1st PP unit with Ristolainen and he put up 16 goals and 24 assists. Probably going to have to let him go after his current deal is up unfortunately.

anatsu

twitter: @finanatsu
May 31, 2010
Finland
How does Ryan Murphy develop in this game?

I play w/New Jersey and I simply don't have any good d-men prospects behind Larsson. I have thought about to trade Nyquist for him, 'cause I haven't been able to put any good numbers with him (I play my games).

So Murphy would be a good fit for me. He is kind of player I like and player whom I'm missing right now.

Carolina has Murphy on the block and they want Nyquist so Murphy + some picks would be the return.

Pumping this up, 'cause was last post on previous page and I want badly answer to my question. :)

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
How does Ryan Murphy develop in this game?

I play w/New Jersey and I simply don't have any good d-men prospects behind Larsson. I have thought about to trade Nyquist for him, 'cause I haven't been able to put any good numbers with him (I play my games).

So Murphy would be a good fit for me. He is kind of player I like and player whom I'm missing right now.

Carolina has Murphy on the block and they want Nyquist so Murphy + some picks would be the return.

What about Severson? He is a 4 star potential D man on the Devils

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
:devils

New Jersey Devils 2012-2013 Stats

And another season is in the books, which the New Jersey devils do not mind. Actually, the whole organization gave a sigh of relief after the train wrecking season, going 31-44-7. "It was a pretty bad season", says the Devils Head Coach. "But we have to put it behind us and get ready for the next season." Adam Larsson had a few things to say about the season. "Yeah, it's was a bad season, but we can't put it over our heads as it could lead to bad things next season. Trust me, our expectations for next won't be any lower than this year; expect it to be higher. The organization believes in us, which is a plus. If they believe in us, then by all means, we can do great things." When asked about his great season production wise, he said, "Yeah, I did well. Playing on the line with Tallinder really helped me, in my opinion. We exploded late in the year, which helped us both since we didn't have any pressure on our backs. That said, our finish this year was unacceptable."

mqdefault.jpg

Adam Larsson asked about the disappointing season.

Anyways, here's a rundown on the players stats:

Goals/Assists/Points

Centers:

Patrick Elias: 18G/30A/48P
Adam Henrique: 12G/25A/37P
Daymond Langkow: 10G/9A/19P
Travis Zajac:21G/39A/60P
Jacob Josefson: 12G/11A/23P
Ryan Carter: 6G/6A/12P

Left Wingers:

Ilya Kovalchuck: 27G/34A/61P
Eric Boulton: 1G/3A/4P

Right Wingers:

Mattias Tedenby: 4G/8A/12P
Peter Sykora: 4G/3A/7P
Cam Janssen: 2G/4A/6P
Steve Bernier: 8G/8A/16P

Defensemen:

Adam Larsson: 9G/31A/40P
Mark Pysyk: 0G/0A/0P(20GP)
Bryce Salvador: 5G/9A/14P
Henrik Tallinder: 6G/26A/32P
Jakub Kindl: 0G/5A/5P
Nick Crawford: 2G/3A/5P(20GP)

:devils

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
My first sort of update thing on here; had nothing better to do so I decided I would give it a shot.

I don't really track things as well as a lot of you guys do, so I really don't remember what I traded to get half of the players I have, but I do remember my two most recent trades so I will mention those.

:wings
2013-2014 season
Current Record: 48-10-1 (almost all games simmed)
Roster:
w-white potential
y- yellow potential
g- green potential
1-5- potential rating

J. Eberle (88, 4.5y) - P. Datsyuk (96, 5w) - H. Zetterberg (89, i think 4.5w)
T. Hall (86, 4.5y) - Stamkos (91, 4.5g) - Shinkaruk (75, 4.5y)
Nyquist (81, 4.5y) - Jarnkrok (79, 4.0y) - Cleary (79, 3w)
Tatar (76, 4y) - Helm (78, 3.5y) - Tootoo (75, no idea)

N. Kronwall (88, 4.5w) - Z.Bogosian (87, 4.5y)
J. Gardiner (86, 4.5y) - S. Jones (82, 5y)
R. Murray (80, 4.5y) - B. Smith (82, 4.5y)

J. Howard (84, idk)
J. Gustavsson (75, idk)

Top Prospects:
R. Ristolainen (71, 4.5y)
T. Jurco (67, 4y)
some other randoms i forget about at the moment

The only players I edited were Jarnkrok (bumped potential up to 4) and Smith (bumped potential up to 4.5), and I created Seth Jones and gave him 5 stars potential because he's one of my favorite players.
Without Jones, though, I would still have a solid blueline as I would have had space to re-sign Ian White. White is 85 overall and I had to let him go to make space for Jones.

Trades:
(obviously i made trades to get Stamkos and Bogosian, but I don't remember those. The one I made for Murray was really stupid, CBJ wanted to let him go so all I did was offer a 2nd rounder for like 2018 and some random scrub prospect and they accepted)

Through the course of my first season, I made a crapload of trades: at one point, I had Perry and Iginla on my team (that team was amazing - top line of Z-Dats-Stamkos and then 2nd of Perry-Filppula-Iginla). I later traded Perry for Lucic and then let Iginla go in FA.

Here's where it got interesting. Milan Freakin' Lucic, who scored a whopping 47 points in 82 games in the 2012-2013 season, was asking for EIGHT MILLION SIX HUNDRED THOUSAND DOLLARS for a 6 year contract. I had no cap space to resign the rest of my team and give him that albatross contract, and after a series of clever turnarounds, I finally got things figured out:

Taylor Hall
Jordan Eberle

:edmonton
M. Lucic (unsigned, qualified RFA)
J. Franzen
V. Filppula (he got around 30 points, he was useless in the game)
K. Quincey
J. Mursak (unsigned, qualified RFA)

Maybe I got ripped off but I wasn't going to be able to sign Mursak and Lucic anyways (Mursak was asking for 4.5 million rofl), so I essentially turned Franzen, Filppula, and Quincey into Hall and Eberle. Good if you ask me.

then my most recent trade:
J. Gardiner
J. D'Amigo

:leafs
A. Sutton
2017 2nd
2016 1st
T. Carnevale (random prospect, 3 stars 58 overall)

This trade was hilarious - the game is simply outrageous when a team puts a player on the 'trading block'. :shakehead

Top players so far this season (59 gp)
F:
Datsyuk - 71 pts
Eberle - 61 pts

D:
Kronwall - 32 pts
Bogosian - 29 pts

G:
Howard - .932 save %, 1.67 GAA

Confound

Vindication
Oct 28, 2010
Maine
Anyone else draft Ryan Pulock in the first draft?

I lucked out and traded for Anaheims pick before the season and got the #2 overall pick and I needed another D-man so I went with Pulock.

He gets up to an 85 after his first year (had him on my second pairing with Reinhart, Reinhart shot up 9 points too when I played him on my team his first year, he was an 80 after his first year with the club).

Pulock has 4.5 star yellow potential and is already a beast in his second year.

My D is gonna be sick in a few years, Yandle-Seabrook, Reinhart-Pulock, Schlemko-Petrovic and Mcilrath as my 7th D.

Confound

Vindication
Oct 28, 2010
Maine
I'm the Flyers btw.

Heres my team.

Perron-Giroux-Eberle
Puempel-Henrique-Yakupov
Greening-Peverley-Palmieri (Nick)
Gregoire-Lander-Crombeen

Yandle-Seabrook
Reinhart-Pulock
Schlemko-Petrovic
Mcilrath

Varlamov
Gustavsson

I drafted Sam Reinhart with the first overall pick in the second draft (I traded with ANA before the second season and got the first overall pick LOL, Reinhart was fourth overall rated but I needed another center so I picked him first).

He is a 60 overall but has 4.5 yellow star potential, Peverley has one year left on his deal so once he is done he will be replaced by Reinhart on the third line.

The one suck factor for me though so far was signing Giroux long term, he was asking for 10.580 million per for like 7 years. I finally got him down to 9.5 per for 8 years, I know I overpaid but what the hell am I going to do if I didn't sign him?

Last edited:

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Anyone else draft Ryan Pulock in the first draft?

I lucked out and traded for Anaheims pick before the season and got the #2 overall pick and I needed another D-man so I went with Pulock.

He gets up to an 85 after his first year (had him on my second pairing with Reinhart, Reinhart shot up 9 points too when I played him on my team his first year, he was an 80 after his first year with the club).

Pulock has 4.5 star yellow potential and is already a beast in his second year.

My D is gonna be sick in a few years, Yandle-Seabrook, Reinhart-Pulock, Schlemko-Petrovic and Mcilrath as my 7th D.

What about Morrissey isn't he 4.5 stars? Was he already picked?

Diamondillium

DO YOU WANT ANTS!?
Aug 22, 2011
Edmonton, AB
I can pretty much confirm that this game values building from the net out greatly. When having some fun, i created 3 separate games, one where I have a 99 ovr goalie, one with d man, one with center.

The center was a consistent 100 point player, but the team finished around 99-105 points within my 4 year test.

D man put up consistent 65ish points and had solid +/-, but again, team finished between 90-105 points.

Goalie, on the other hand, had consistent .950+ and hovered around 1.20 gaa, and the team never finished below 120 points. Not even ******** you on this, on his 3rd year, the goalies personal win/loss was 74gp, 70 wins, 4 losses. That year he also put up nearly .970 and had about 0.7gaa. :O

Used the Oilers with slightly modified players to do this test, in case anybody cared.

Last edited:

Woody19

Oct 31, 2005
Duesseldorf, Germany
Does anybody know how important it is to let forwards play on their original position? I was thinking of switching Eberle from RW to LW, as I prefer right-handed shooters more on the left. Also, I would like to swith Henrique from C to RW, as he's only 60 at face-offs.
Does this affect their OVR progression in any way?

Thanks! :)

DisneyDucky

Feb 5, 2012
Linköping
Playing as Boston. traded for Conacher(73) and plays him on 2-3rdline and puts up 20+20 season with 2nd unit pp.

Lucic gets 50p and is alright, 1-2line and 1st unit pp.

Conachers doesnt go up a single point, and when I look att his stats he improved on like shooting acc from 79 to 80 and thats about it.

Lucic on the other hand goes up from 85 to 90(90 in acc after his 25goal season) and now wants 9-10millions.

this is ********

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Came across a weird glitch last night. I started a new dynatsy as Phoenix (moved to Quebec) and every single player in the game is labelled as "1st liner", "top 2 defensman", or "elite goalie".

Literally everyone. Mark Visentin is like 65 overall but is apparently an "elite goalie".

DekiSystem

Still Playing NHL 2001
May 23, 2012
Came across a weird glitch last night. I started a new dynatsy as Phoenix (moved to Quebec) and every single player in the game is labelled as "1st liner", "top 2 defensman", or "elite goalie".

Literally everyone. Mark Visentin is like 65 overall but is apparently an "elite goalie".

That could have something to do with why the Be-A-Pro GM keeps destroying your team. Just a thought.

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006

Maybe having fans at the game to cheer them on inspired them to play better :sarcasm:

Feb 21, 2012
Pennsylvania
I'm done my Flyers Be a GM after 5 season because of salary cap issues. I won 2 Stanley Cups during my time. One in year 1 and the other in year 4. I'm going to start a new one and I'll post what team I pick and everything when the new thread opens.

DekiSystem

Still Playing NHL 2001
May 23, 2012
I'm done my Flyers Be a GM after 5 season because of salary cap issues. I won 2 Stanley Cups during my time. One in year 1 and the other in year 4. I'm going to start a new one and I'll post what team I pick and everything when the new thread opens.

I would love to take that file and try to save the team, even if it is Philly, that other team in PA. :p:

Feb 21, 2012
Pennsylvania
I would love to take that file and try to save the team, even if it is Philly, that other team in PA. :p:

I probably could just trade off all my good players for 4+ star prospects and go through a few terrible years and rebuild but no team can handle Giroux's 10 million per year contract that I gave him. :laugh:

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Does anybody know how important it is to let forwards play on their original position? I was thinking of switching Eberle from RW to LW, as I prefer right-handed shooters more on the left. Also, I would like to swith Henrique from C to RW, as he's only 60 at face-offs.
Does this affect their OVR progression in any way?

Thanks! :)

I'm not sure exactly, I'm guessing it would depend on each team and their chemistry?

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
That could have something to do with why the Be-A-Pro GM keeps destroying your team. Just a thought.

It was just a one-time thing. I loaded it up today and all the players had their proper classifications.

On a side note, here's my totally badass QC lineup. I'm about to start year two. I started with the original Phoenix roster but added three created players:

Krejci (85) - S. Machovsky* (88) - P. Machovsky* (87)
Pacioretty (84) - Bergeron (87) - Kessel (87)
Korpikoski (79) - Hanzal (79) - Doan (81)
Mitchell (77) - Gordon (78) - Moss (78)

Yandle (86) - Michalek (86)
Rundblad (85) - OEL (84)
Gormley (83) - Summers (83)

Gallagher* (87)
Karlsson (77)

* = created player

We lost in the first round of the playoffs as the third seed last year. During the season I traded Vrbata+ for Max Pac. In the offseason I traded Wheeler (deadline pickup) for Krejci straight up, Boedker+ for Kessel, and Vermette+ for Bergeron. I still have all my first round picks. Since Rundblad, Summers, and Gormley all jumped up to being top 4 defensemen, I was able to trade Rosival, Morris, and Klesla. Was also able to trade away Smith because my created goalie Nathan Gallagher jumped up from 76 to 87 after a year in the AHL in which he went 50-20-3 with amazing stats.

Sergei Machovsky and Pavel Machovsky are two Russian brothers I created. They were both 80 overall in year one and they each had 60 points in their rookie season. I like to think that they shared the Calder trophy. :laugh: Sergei is similar to Ryan Getzlaf and Pavel is similar to the guy he was named after, Pavel Bure. Sergei is also our captain.

Number1SensFan

Jun 26, 2012
Here's my GM Connected team guys. Any thoughts on what I need to change?

Sharp(87)-Roy(86)-Seguin(84)
Jones(79)-Berglund(82)-Alfredsson(84)
Gerbe(76)-Tlusty(77)-Clarkson(81)
Nyquist(75)-Christensen(77)-Moss(78)
Defense:
Martin(85)-Karlsson(86)
Hannan(81)-Gilbert(83)
Lebda(76)-Fistric(80)
Goalie:
Backstrom(87)
Emery(76)

Last edited:

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
So I'm in a gm connected league, and am going to get the first overall pick. Which player will help me the most in the next 2-3 seasons?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille