NHL 13 Dynasty Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Troyp

Oct 10, 2012
I'm gonna sim a few seasons of gm connected over the next few days. We can compare progressions :handclap:

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Tomorrow, I will start the Devils 5 year GM Mode. Expect a preview post of the players and prospects of the team.

KovalSNIPE

Feb 9, 2011
Tomorrow, I will start the Devils 5 year GM Mode. Expect a preview post of the players and prospects of the team.

There are some prospects they have that are poorly rated in the game (Josefson, Wedgewood, etc.) and make sure to add Reid Boucher from the Sarnia Sting onto their roster (go in roster management and he'll be added to the organization.) He's a draft pick of them that should have 4* potential that for some reason they say he's undrafted. Also make sure that Damon Severson of Kelowna in the WHL is Devils property (he was a 2nd round pick of them). He's highly rated in real life so give him 4* too.

EDIT: Create two players: Jon Merrill and Stefan Matteau. Merrill: You can look him up, but he's a TWD that based on real-life potential should be a 4.5* potential player. Matteau: Recently drafted in 1st round that plays for the Armada in the QMJHL. RW PWRforward, 4* potential.

Diamondillium

DO YOU WANT ANTS!?
Aug 22, 2011
Edmonton, AB
I dislike Malcolm Subban. Every time I play, I see him o other teams at like 90 overall within a few years so I decide to create a new dynasty, get him and go into full tank mode. First season give him starting nhl role, he puts up about .910 and improves 1 point to like a 69. I decide that wasnt working so juniors next season. No ovr change, the next few seasons give top ahl minutes and eventually by the time ge's 27, finally cracks 80 overall after I completely gave up on him.

Damn you, Malcolm Subban for screwing up my rebuild plan. Now I have to live on a revolving door of FA 81ish goalies because you refused to develop for me, and nobody else will reasonably trade theirs.

jas202

Oct 10, 2012
Does anyone know of any players that develop well or start off really good from the 2014 draft?

SUBdrewgANS

Let's Go Pens!
Dec 4, 2007
Abington, PA
www.drewklevan.com
im so sick of out playing, out shooting, out hitting, pretty much dominating the game, and still lose.. while the other teams goalie stands on their head the entire game making impossible saves and mine just leaves in softies.. starting to aggravate me to no end.

any tips to burying golden opportunities?

Yokai

Mar 29, 2011
Ottawa
Does anyone know of any players that develop well or start off really good from the 2014 draft?

Rookies are generated each season on like September 10 or 12th. Or on the 13th when it generates the new schedule. Watch for the extra long load time on either date and save the day before to change them.

With that being said obviously people won't be able to tell you who is good in any year other than the first because it will always be different.

Certain players are the same in the first year it seems, so I guess some might carry over if they went undrafted, but the majority will be different. Even in the first season some of the prospects are randomly altered each time you load a new Be a GM mode.

Martyros

Allow me to retort
Aug 13, 2005
Holly Hood
im so sick of out playing, out shooting, out hitting, pretty much dominating the game, and still lose.. while the other teams goalie stands on their head the entire game making impossible saves and mine just leaves in softies.. starting to aggravate me to no end.

should from inside the circles, short side.

George Maharis

Risk Taker
Feb 6, 2011
nova sGOATia

Sam Reinhart: I took him 1st overall, and he has not let me down. As of the 22/23 season, he is STILL 4.5 gold stars and is a 87 overall. His last 3 seasons combine for 165 goals and 330 points. There's not much else to say about him, other than he is the driving force of my high-scoring Maple Leafs. 721 points in 656 games, with 381 goals.

Maxim Kvasha: He was the 2nd overall pick by NJ, and he has been one of the most dominant and consistant players in the league for the last 5 years. He's at 89 overall with 4.5 white. His shot is uncanny and he is a genius with the puck. His last 3 seasons have totalled him 114 goals and 290 points.

Valeri Malkin: I picked him up in free agency due to his high potential. He was taken 3rd overall, yet Winnipeg never offered him a contract!! He's currently 84 overall with 4.5 white stars. I had him in the minors last season, but the season before that he posted a 54-18-0 record with a 1.75GAA and a .934SV%.

Stanislav Lopatin: The 4th overall pick by Ottawa, this two-way forward is a force to be reckoned with in the upcoming years of the league. His first, and only, season has shown that he has what it takes to get things done at both ends of the ice. Posting 78 points (22g,56a), he also had a +/- of 23, much thanks to his Def. Awareness of 98. Currently at 86 overall with 3.5 white.

Liam Maaskant: 5th overall by Vancouver, he's a stay-at-home defenceman with a wicked slapper. He has strong vision at both sides of the rink, as well as a heavy hit due to his 6'2" 215lb frame. His highest point total is 44, with 13 goals. Currently 86 overall with 3.5 white stars.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK

If you go into the settings, I think you'll find that the majority of the in-game/on-ice issues you are having can be fixed relatively easy by adjusting the sliders for either yourself or the CPU.

If you are struggling to score but are creating lots of chances, then consider bumping up your shot accuracy so that you are aiming for the corners.

If you are finding that the goalie is just too damn good, consider dropping the goalie reflex speed for the CPU goalie just a touch to see if that helps.

It'll take you a few games, but a few small adjustments here and there and you'll find slider settings that are too your comfort and liking. That should enhance the gameplay experience a little bit.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
There are some prospects they have that are poorly rated in the game (Josefson, Wedgewood, etc.) and make sure to add Reid Boucher from the Sarnia Sting onto their roster (go in roster management and he'll be added to the organization.) He's a draft pick of them that should have 4* potential that for some reason they say he's undrafted. Also make sure that Damon Severson of Kelowna in the WHL is Devils property (he was a 2nd round pick of them). He's highly rated in real life so give him 4* too.

EDIT: Create two players: Jon Merrill and Stefan Matteau. Merrill: You can look him up, but he's a TWD that based on real-life potential should be a 4.5* potential player. Matteau: Recently drafted in 1st round that plays for the Armada in the QMJHL. RW PWRforward, 4* potential.

Thanks, I'll prolly put Merrill at 4* (since Dumba is at 4 stars in the game and both are an 8.0 rating at HF) And I'll put Matteau at 3*.

Last edited:

dyzfunctioned

Oct 4, 2012

Most games I score 3+ goals... a pretty easy one is if you can find some space around the hashmarks, shoot a wrister top corner. Goes in like 25% of the time.

Passing across the ice at the blueline for one-timers far side seems to work fairly well too and often generates some juicy rebounds to top it off.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

got thru my first seasons as the bruins. Simmed in the Stanley Cup and lost to the Blue Jackets....IDK how they were good enough for the SCF.

I resigned Iginla(season trade) and some others so I had to trade rask and marchand.

Anaheim offered me a 1st for McQuaid so I accepted

one thing I am sick of in this game is none of my AI team mates check the other team or barely check them and when I check players it barely does damage but the AI guys check me like all the time and I always fall. AI guys also seem more organized and faster than my guys.

Thomazo

Sep 26, 2012
Haapajärvi
im playing offline be a gm with la kings.just played all star game in my first season.got Shattenkirk and St Louis.
so my question is that who are the best prospects in kings organization and what should i do?and how good they will be?answer please

RyWy

May 26, 2011
Michigan
This just happened... AI trade..

Winnipeg Receives:
Boston 2013 1st Round
Boston 2014 1st Round
Seth Griffin

Boston Receives:
Ron Hainsey
Alexei Ponikarovsky

Once the trade has gone through...
Winnipeg claims Tyler Seguin off waivers from Boston.

Quarter

The caravan moves on
Mar 3, 2011
Ontario
This just happened... AI trade..

Winnipeg Receives:
Boston 2013 1st Round
Boston 2014 1st Round
Seth Griffin

Boston Receives:
Ron Hainsey
Alexei Ponikarovsky

Once the trade has gone through...
Winnipeg claims Tyler Seguin off waivers from Boston.
You clearly never saw Pokahonsky in his days with the Leafs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad