NHL 13 Dynasty Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
:devils

Lou Lamoriello Re-Sings, GM JaredCowenFan takes over duties!

Prudential+Center+-+Devils.JPG

The Home of the New Jersey Devils and this years NHL Draft.

Weeks before the hiring there was a Press Conference held in which nobody knew what about. An advisor of Lou stated "Hello everyone, we've brought you here today, to tell you some important news and some changes in the Organization. Do to medical and family reasons General Manager, Lou Lamoriello has Re-Signed as Devils General Manager. We will be looking for a replacement shortly. Thank you"

A week later another press conference was announced. And this was stated "I bring you here today in what is you all excepted it to be, a New General Manager. We're happy to announce the new General Manager of the New Jersey Devils.. GM JaredCowenFan. We've signed him a Three-Year Deal." Then the new GM got his time to talk at the podium. Some questions asked:

"Hello Mr. CowenFan, What are your goals for the future here in Newark?"

*CowenFan Replies*: "Our ultimate goal is to win another Stanley Cup, yes. But I believe we're still a few pieces away. I will not name those pieces just yet but I am looking to make an immediate impact and try and improve the Club the best way I can."

"With this years Draft being in here, Newark, do you plan on trading up for a top 5 pick if you don't already have one, persay?"

*CowenFan Replies*: "As said we will try and improve the Club the best way we can, be it through Draft or Trades, or Free Agency. We will try. But we will try to get a top 5 pick, yes."

*End of Conference*

We're going into the Season with no Trades. He will see how it goes as we progress through the season. Here's a look at the NHL Roster:

New Jersey Devils

Patrik Elias (82 Overall) 'A' - Travis Zajac (84 Overall) - Ilya Kovalchuk (90 Overall) 'A'
Alexei Ponikarovsky (81 Overall) - Adam Henrique (81 Overall) - David Clarkson (81 Overall)
Danius Zubrus (79 Overall) - Andrei Loktionov (78 Overall) - Matt D'Agostini (79 Overall)
Steve Sullivan (79 Overall) - Jacob Josefson (75 Overall) - Steve Bernier (74 Overall)

Henrik Tallinder (83 Overall) - Adam Larsson (84 Overall)
Anton Volchenkov (82 Overall0 - Marek Zidlicky (80 Overall)
Andy Greene (80 Overall) - Bryce Salvador (79 Overall) 'C'
Mark Fayne (79 Overall)

Marty Brodeur (82 Overall) - Johan Hedberg (73 Overall)

Top Prospects(not in NHL):

Jeff Frazee - Goalie - (25 Years Old, 3 1/2 Stars)
Maxime Clermont - Goalie - (20 Years Old, 3 1/2 Stars)
Damon Severson - Defenceman - (18 Years Old, 4 Stars)
Alex Urbom - Defenceman - (21 Years Old, 4 Stars)
Reece Scarlet - Defenceman - (19 Years Old, 3 1/2 Stars)
Brandon Burlon - Defenceman - (22 Years Old, 3 Stars)
Eric Gelinas - Defenceman - (21 Years Old, 3 Stars)
Stefan Matteau - Forward - (18 Years Old, 4 Stars)
Graham Black - Forward (19 Years Old, 3 1/2 Stars)
Harri Pesonen - Forward - (24 Years Old, 3 Stars)
Mattias Tedenby - (Forward - (22 Years Old, 3 Stars)

A decent amount but no Top Notch prospects. But they're in this Draft coming up! Adam Larrson (84 Overall, 4 1/2 Stars) and Adam Henrique (81 Overall, 4 Stars) Are our 2 big prospects.

To be continued....

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
:sharks

Sharks Overcome the Impossible
Stanley Cup Final Recap
June 9, 2021
The Mercury News

stanley-cup-2008.jpg

The San Jose Sharks have won the 2021 Stanley Cup.

Don't ask us how, but the San Jose Sharks have overcome the impossible by winning the Stanley Cup Finals! Not only that, but the Sharks overcame a 3-0 series deficit, and a 3-0 score in Game 7; winning the game in overtime 4-3. Max Domi scored a powerplay slap shot from the point, while Kurvinen and Baertschi had the helpers.

In the first period, the Tampa Bay Lightning went up early, with Steven Stamkos scoring 31 seconds into the game. Five minutes later, Kucherov scored their second goal, making the score 2-0. By the end of the 2nd period, the score was 3-0 for the Lightning. When the third period started, you could tell that the mood changed for the Sharks. Max Domi and Jussi Kurvinen carried the play and it showed on the scoreboard. Max Domi scored the first goal, six minutes into the period. Then Jussi Kurvinen scored the next two, tying the game. "I wanted to win. There would be no way that we would lose in such an important game", said Kurvinen. With five minutes left in the first overtime, the Sharks went on the power play and they took full advantage of it. Sven Baertschi cross creased a pass to Jussi Kurvinen, and he passed it to the point to Max Domi, who scored the game-winning goal.

Domi won the Conn Smythe Trophy, having 33 points in 24 games.

"Anything is possible with this type of roster", said GM Flamesrule. "I knew they had it in them, they just had a major setback, and they overcame it. I'm proud of the boys; they deserve this win." GM Flamesrule will have a press conference later this month on the future of the Sharks.

Game One: 5-3 L
Game Two: 2-0 L
Game Three: 1-3 L

Game Four: 4-2 W
Game Five: 2-4 W
Game Six: 4-2 W
Game Seven: 3-4 OT W

:sharks

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
^ Sick!!! That's awesome :yo:

Offseason report for Seattle coming up sometime within the next hour. It's a good one.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
In two minds what to do in this draft. In the play-offs but with two trades I've ended up with Florida's pick. (Traded for Buffalo's and then traded Buffalo's for Florida's). It'll be either 6th/7th or if I win the lottery 1st. Looking to get the #1 overall though or potentially #2 or #3

Debating whether I should go for Ho-Sang, Ekblad or Reinhart. Have a fair few D prospects and not as many Forwards. Reinhart could replace Weiss as a 3c. Next year will go 100% to get McDavid though so could go for Ho-Sang and then McDavid next year and go with a line of;

Zdrahal-McDavid-Ho-Sang.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
In two minds what to do in this draft. In the play-offs but with two trades I've ended up with Florida's pick. (Traded for Buffalo's and then traded Buffalo's for Florida's). It'll be either 6th/7th or if I win the lottery 1st. Looking to get the #1 overall though or potentially #2 or #3

Debating whether I should go for Ho-Sang, Ekblad or Reinhart. Have a fair few D prospects and not as many Forwards. Reinhart could replace Weiss as a 3c. Next year will go 100% to get McDavid though so could go for Ho-Sang and then McDavid next year and go with a line of;

Zdrahal-McDavid-Ho-Sang.

Ho-Sang seems like the best choice to me. Ekblad will probably be the best player and is usually NHL-ready out of the draft (high-70s) but if you need forwards more than D, it's okay to pass on him. And of course if you're going all-out for McDavid next year then Ho-Sang is more logical to take than Reinhart, since Reinhart and McDavid are both centers whereas Ho-Sang plays wing.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Hoping that by the time McDavid's first season comes round I'll have something like;

D.Sedin-H.Sedin-L.Eriksson
N.Kucherov-R.Kesler-N.Horton
P.Zdrahal-C.MacDavid-J.Ho-Sang
M.Raymond-J.Schroeder-B.Gallagher

Then move the prospects up when others get too old, not worth their cap hit or just not needed.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
seattle-times-logo.gif

October 3rd, 2014
Huge Offseason in Seattle

kesselsnipe.gif

The Gladiators are hoping that Phil Kessel will do this many, many more times for them.

The Gladiators are thinking 'playoffs' this year. They made multiple big moves this offseason, and it looks like they are really trying to make the postseason for the first time in franchise history. Let's take a look at what they did.

New Contracts and a Buyout

The following players were re-signed by Seattle:

C Andrew Cogliano (82 overall, 27 years old) - 3 years, $8.4M
RW Dale Weise (83 overall, 25 years old, 3.5 yellow stars) - 1 year, $3.03M
D Corey Potter (77 overall, 30 years old) - 1 year, $0.82M

+ AHL players and prospects

Then, in their first surprising move of the offseason, Seattle bought out the contract of Mikhail Grabovski. When the Gladiators joined the league, they were forced to give raises to some of their players to reach the cap floor. Grabovski was one of those players - his salary was boosted to $9.950 million per year. The contract still had four more years left on it, and Grabovski is little more than a third-line scorer. The buyout penalty is $3.317 million for 6 more years.

"We don't think Mikhail was a bad player for us," said general manager Deku Scrub. "But we had to move his contract in order to proceed with our offseason plans. No other teams wanted to take on his contract either, so we had no choice but to buy it out. I wish Mikhail the best of luck wherever he signs in free agency."

Trades

Now, onto the trades. Seattle picked up two new players via two separate trades. First, they shipped off two prospects to Ottawa to acquire Cory Conacher. Cory is a small, speedy playmaker brought in to help the Gladiators' offense. He has the potential to be a top line player, but if he doesn't reach that he will still be a solid second liner. He is 24 years old. The prospects sent to Ottawa were right winger Richard Mraz (58 overall, 21 years old, 3.5 yellow stars) and defenseman Jordan Subban (58 overall, 19 years old, 3.5 yellow stars).

The next trade was not quite as surprising of a move. Back in June, 38 year old goaltender Evgeni Nabokov decided it was time to hang up his skates. Nabby played very well for the Gladiators during his time in Seattle, but the team in front of him wasn't so great. He was arguably Seattle's best player last season, although Andy Miele and David Rundblad would have something to say about that. Despite his high level of play, Evgeni just decided that he is satisfied with his career. He said, "I don't think my body can handle another year". Neither Joni Ortio or Chad Johnson impressed in the backup role last season, and Mark Visentin is not ready for the big show yet, meaning that Seattle would have to look outside their organization for a replacement at the starting role. They picked up an elite netminder of the future in Daniel Cotton at the 2014 draft, but he is also not quite ready for NHL action just yet. Since Cotton has a higher ceiling than Visentin, the Gladiators traded Mark to Detroit in exchange for established netminder Jimmy Howard. Howard is 84 overall, and 30 years old. He will take over the Glads' starting role until Cotton is ready.

Free Agent Signings

A superstar is coming to Seattle. Well, technically he's already here, but he has yet to play a regular season game with the club. Phil Kessel inked an eight year contract with the Gladiators back in June, worth $72 million ($9 million per year). He walked from Toronto because they would not offer him the money he requested, but Seattle was more than willing to pay him the big bucks for his talents. Kessel also stated that he was frustrated with Toronto's inability to get him a number one center to play alongside. He spent five seasons with the Maple Leafs and the best center he played on a line with was Tyler Bozak. Not to bring down Bozak, of course, but Kessel just doesn't want to end up like Jarome Iginla, who didn't get to play with a real top-line center until he was 35, after being traded to Pittsburgh. The Gladiators don't have a true first line center yet, but Andy Miele impressed as a rookie last season with 54 points and abysmal talent on his wings. And of course, Nathan MacKinnon is only one or two more years away from cracking Seattle's lineup - he is likely the reason Kessel decided to join the Gladiators. Besides the money, of course.

Kessel wasn't the only player that signed with Seattle in the offseason. Pascal Dupuis signed a one year deal with the club, worth $3.5 million. Over his career, Dupuis has established himself as a great third-liner and a capable second liner. He is going to start the season on the Gladiators' top line with Andy Miele and Phil Kessel. Over the past three seasons Dupuis has put up solid point totals playing on the wings of Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin, so Seattle is hoping that Dupuis will have similar success with Miele and Kessel. If not, that's okay because this is really a low-risk, high-reward signing. Dupuis was the best option in free agency for left wingers, besides Daniel Sedin. However, the Gladiators didn't feel comfortable signing Daneil without his brother Henrik, and they couldn't afford both of them.

Goaltender Christian Engstrand also signed with Seattle, for three years at $3.6 million ($1.2 million per year). He will back up Jimmy Howard in the cage this season. Last year, Chad Johnson and Joni Ortio both got a shot at the backup role, but neither proved themselves to be good enough for the full-time job.

2014-15 Seattle Gladiators Lineup

***Lines will likely change around during the season***

Pascal Dupuis (81) - Andy Miele (83) - Phil Kessel (89)
Cory Conacher (82) - Andrew Cogliano (82) - Nikita Filatov (77)
Kaspars Daugavins (77) - Blake Comeau (78) - Dale Weise (83)
Chris Brown (75) - Ryan White (78) - Derek Dorsett (74)

David Rundblad (89) - Oliver Ekman-Larsson (84)
Brandon Gormely (85) - Chris Summers (83)
Corey Potter (77) - *Maxim Goncharov (78)

Jimmy Howard (84) - *Christian Engstrand (79)

* indicates rookie

Can the Seattle Gladiators make the NHL playoffs for the first time in franchsie history?

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
calgary_herald-704356.jpg

WESTERN CONFERENCE SEMIFINALS

May 1, 2013

Calgary, AB - The Western Conference Semifinal matchup is set, and the Flames will have home ice advantage.

(5):flames vs (6):blues

FLAMES LINEUP
LW|C|RW
Michael Cammalleri|Andy McDonald|James Neal
Alex Tanguay (A)|Matt Stajan (A)|Jiri Hudler
Gilbert Brule|Nik Antropov|Blake Wheeler
Curtis Glencross|Dominic Moore|Roman Cervenka
LD|RD
Mark Giordano (C)|Hal Gill
Lubomir Visnovsky|Anton Babchuk
Paul Ranger|Paul Mara
G
Miikka Kiprusoff
Joey MacDonald

BLUES LINEUP
LW|C|RW
David Perron|David Backes (C)|T.J. Oshie
Patrik Elias|Patrik Berglund|Teemu Selanne
Alexander Steen|Saku Koivu|Alexei Ponikarovsky
Jamie Langenbrunner|Dainius Zubrus|Chris Stewart
LD|RD
Jay Bouwmeester|Alex Pietrangelo (A)
Jordan Leopold|Kevin Shattenkirk (A)
Barret Jackman|Roman Polak
G
Jaroslav Halak
Martin Brodeur

GAME|AWAY|SCORE|HOME
G1|:blues|1 - 3|:flames
G2|:blues|1 - 0|:flames
G3|:flames|1 - 2|:blues
G4|:flames|1 - 4|:blues
G5|:blues|3 (OT) 2|:flames

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
@CruickshankCH
After taking the first game, the Flames dropped four straight to the Blues to end their season. The Abbotsford Heat are still playing, with a 1-0 advantage in the second round against the Rockford Icehogs.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
@CruickshankCH
Abbotsford, on home ice, defeats Syracuse in five games to earn the Calder Cup! Each of their victories in the series was by a score of 2-1. Ben Hanowski led the team with 9 goals and 19 points in the playoffs, T.J. Brodie had a team-high 12 assists and +5.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
calgary_herald-704356.jpg

SEASON RECAP

June 13, 2013

Calgary, AB - At the beginning of the season, it looked to be a rebuilding year. The Flames were off to an awful start, and new GM Chibi Pooky was amassing first-round draft picks at an alarming rate. Then came the phone call that changed the season.

"I was talking to Ray [Shero] on the phone, and he mentioned that, for the right price, James Neal was available," said Pooky. "It was an opportunity I couldn't let slip to make a hockey trade that would benefit the team far into the future."

Sure enough, the winds of change were blowing. The addition of Neal boosted the club to its first .500 record by the All-Star break - and the arrival of veterans Andy McDonald and Lubomir Visnovsky via waivers cemented the team's new direction: up. The Flames at one point attained as high as 6th place in the NHL and 5th in the Western Conference. By all measures, it was a highly successful season for Pooky, who some say finished the rebuild in a single season.

I wouldn't be so certain of that. A large part of the team's fortunes came from veteran contributions, who will be one year older. Blake Wheeler, arguably the team's best performer in the playoffs, is an impending free agent, along with Nik Antropov, Andy McDonald, Anton Babchuk, and Roman Cervenka. The team could be very different come opening day next season, and that doesn't always mean better. But if Pooky can have anywhere near the level of success he's had already, I have high hopes for the future.

- Scott Cruickshank

2012-2013 AWARDS
Award|Winner|Team
Stanley Cup|Detroit Red Wings|:wings
President's Trophy|Pittsburgh Penguins|:pens
Clarence S. Campbell Bowl|Detroit Red Wings|:wings
Prince of Wales Trophy|Ottawa Senators|:sens
Art Ross Trophy|Sidney Crosby|:pens
Hart Memorial Trophy|Sidney Crosby|:pens
James Norris Memorial Trophy|Erik Karlsson|:sens
Lady Byng Memorial Trophy|Zach Parise|:wild
Calder Memorial Trophy|Jonathan Huberdeau|:panthers
Conn Smythe Trophy|Jimmy Howard|:wings
Vezina Trophy|Roberto Luongo|:nucks
William M. Jennings Trophy|Roberto Luongo|:nucks
Bill Masterton Memorial Trophy|Robyn Regehr|:kings
Frank J. Selke Trophy|Pavel Datsyuk|:wings
Ted Lindsay Award|Jimmy Howard|:wings
Maurice Richard Trophy|Alexander Ovechkin|:caps

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
After boycutting the Olympic games in 2014, the NHL has decided to re-create their very own international competition. They've suspended day-to-day operations in the winter of 2017 in order to let countries assemble their squads and compete in this tourney. Gunning for gold! Here are the rosters for each of the main countries (winter of 2017):

CANADA

Claude Giroux 90 - Sidney Crosby 95 - John Tavares 90
Steven Stamkos 92 - Ryan Nugent-Hopkins 89 - Corey Perry 88
Tyler Seguin 88 - Jonathan Toews 90 - Jordan Eberle 89
Milan Lucic 88 - Matt Duchene 88 - Ryan Getzlaf 88

Morgan Rielly 90 - Shea Weber 90
Duncan Keith 90 - Drew Doughty 90
Kris Letang 90 - Alex Pietrangelo 88

Alex Bureau 93 - Taylor Dupuis 91 - Carey Price 90

USA

Zach Parise 90 - Alex Galchenyuk 89 - Kyle Okposo 86
Patrick Kane 88 - Ryan Kesler 88 - Phil Kessel 87
James Van Riemsdyk 85 - Joe Pavelski 85 - Bobby Ryan 86
Chris Kreider 85 - Paul Stastny 85 - Tyler Biggs 85

Ryan Suter 88 - Erik Johnson 89
Ryan McDonagh 87 - Zach Bogosian 87
Matt Carle 87 - Dustin Byfuglien 87

Jonathan Quick 90 - Ryan Miller 90 - Jimmy Howard 84

RUSSIA

Alexander Ovechkin 93 - Evgeni Malkin 91 - Alexander Semin 83
Ilya Kovalchuk 90 - Vladimir Tarasenko 85 - Nikita Filatov 83
Nail Yakupov 85 - Artem Anisimov 84 - Nikita Kucherov 87
Alex Burmistrov 79 - Andrei Loktionov 83 - Nikolai Kulemin 82

Andrei Markov 84 - Dmitri Kulikov 84
Anton Volchenkov 82 - Fedor Tyutin 84
Dmitry Orlov 81 - Slava Voynov 82

Semyon Varlamov 85 - Ilya Bryzgalov 85 - Sergei Bobrovsky 83

SWEDEN

Gabriel Landeskog 88 - Henrik Sedin 89 - Daniel Sedin 91
Henrik Zetterberg 89 - Nicklas Backstrom 88 - Gustav Nyquist 89
Loui Eriksson 85 - Patrik Berglund 83 - Mika Zibanejad 85
Alex Steen 82 - Marcus Johansson 82 - Johan Franzen 82

Alex Edler 88 - Victor Hedman 89
Niklas Kronwall 88 - Erik Karlsson 88
David Rundblad 87 - Adam Larsson 87

Henrik Lundqvist 89 - Oscar Dansk 86 - Robin Lehner 85

FINLAND

Jesse Joensuu 81 - Mikko Koivu 87 - Mikael Granlund 88
Toni Rajala 81 - Tuomo Ruutu 81 - Teemu Hartikainen 85
Jussi Jokinen 80 - Ville Leino 79 - Teemu Pulkkinen 79
Sean Bergenheim 79 - Lauri Korpikoski 78 - Harri Pesonen 79

Teemu Eronen 81 - Aleksi Laakso 84
Joni Pitkanen 84 - Ilari Melart 79
Sami Vatanen 76 - Jyrki Jokipakka 77

Pekka Rinne 89 - Kari Lehtonen 86 - Tuukka Rask 83

CZECH REPUBLIC

Jakub Voracek 87 - Tomas Plekanec 85 - Milan Michalek 83
Tomas Fleischmann 82 - David Krejci 84 - Martin Havlat 85
Jiri Tlusty 83 - Tomas Vincour 81 - Ales Hemsky 83
Martin Erat 82 - Vladimir Sobotka 80 - Radim Vrbata 81

Rostislav Klesla 82 - Zbynek Michalek 85
Jakub Kindl 77 - Radko Gudas 76
Roman Polak 78 - Michal Jordan 76

Michal Neuvirth 85 - Ondrej Pavelec 84 - Julius Hudacek 80

Last edited:

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012

Devils Acquire James Neal from Penguins

James%20Neal%20Penguins%20header%2018.jpg

James is 25. He has 5 years left on his deal at $4,595,000.

We didn't think we would be a playoff team this year, we didn't. But Kovalchuk and others have played well and now I was put into the position of making a push for the playoffs. Ending in me making a move to acquire dynamic winger, James Neal. The deal broke down as so:

:pens

Reid Boucher (19 Years Old, 2 1/2 Stars)
New Jersey's 2013 3rd Round Pick

James Neal (25 Years Old, 84 Overall, 4 1/2 Stars)

James will play on the 1st line with Travis Zajac and Ilya Kovalchuk with Elias sliding down to the 2nd line with Adam Henrique and Alexei Ponikarovsky. James will debut Tuesday night at home VS. the Lightning.

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
^ Lol you sure love James Neal, don't ya?

I actually told myself that my goal was not to trade for James Neal in this GM, but there was nobody better... He's been good and bad for me. Once hit 87 Overall and once dropped to 83. We'll see how he turns out here. Looks like we're going to make the Playoffs. Kovy's taking over! Brodeur might hit 700 Wins!

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
Well, I lost my entire offseason post, so...

Here's the summary:

Trades:
Alex Tanguay <-MTL-> Dalton Thrower
Ben Street, Joey MacDonald <-DAL-> DAL 3rd 2014
Hal Gill, Paul Mara, Dominic Moore <-DAL-> Stephane Robidas, DAL 4th 2014
Lubomir Visnovsky <-EDM-> Tyler Pitlick
Derek Smith <-PHI-> PHI 3rd 2014

Signed:
Roman Hamrlik
Mark Streit
Daniel Alfredsson
Jaromir Jagr
Teemu Selanne
Alec Richards (for Abbotsford)

Released a bunch of UFA and RFA
Signed some key UFA and RFA

Draft:
LW Jonathan Drouin (4.5)
D Ryan Pulock (4.5)
G Justin Myles (4.5)
C Rasmus Kulmala (3.5)
D Ian Saab (3.5)
C Yan Pavel LaPlante (3.5)
LW Tyler Bertuzzi (3.5)
LW Charles Poulin (3.5)
D Nikolai Kapitanov (3.5)
D Ryan Kelly (3.5)
D Nikita Zadorov (3.5)
D Mitchell Chapman (2.5) (TGH)

Signed all prospects to ELCs

Lines:

Cammalleri - Stajan (A) - Alfredsson
Baertschi - Backlund - Neal (A)
Jagr - McDonald - Wheeler
Hudler - Glencross - Selanne

Giordano - Robidas (C)
Streit - Hamrlik
Ranger - Babchuk

Kiprusoff/Irving platoon

Hanowski - Reinhart (C) - Aliu (A)
Ferland - Horak - Pitlick
Bouma - Jones - Howse
Kulmala - Granlund - Ruegsegger

Brodie - Breen (A)
Saab - Thrower
Kapitanov - Chapman

Richards
Brossoit

I think it's going to be a rough year for Abbotsford.

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012

Devils make playoffs, face Pens in round 1

5bd7f441325f4a2ab410d0a1f1bf2378-6f2f2410662a41ee995ea57f0b64ab03-0.jpg

Marty Brodeur celebrating with teammates after he wins his 700th career game.

It was an achieving year. We finished 5th in the East and 4th in the league. We finished with a record of 47-28-7, 101 points. Marty Brodeur finished 1st in Wins with 37 and now has 703 career wins. Also Ilya Kovalchuk finished 4th in goals with 40.

Team Stats

Goals for per game - 8th, 2.71
Goals against per game - 19th, 2.62
Powerplay % - 8th, 18.4%
Penalty Kill % - 26th, 79.9%

Forward Stats

Ilya Kovalchuk - 40 goals, 42 assists, 82 points
James Neal - 25 goals, 34 points, 59 points
Travis Zajac - 26 goals, 31 assists, 57 points
Patrik Elias - 16 goals, 36 points, 52 points
Alexei Ponikarovsky - 27 goals, 22 assists, 49 points
Adam Henrique - 15 goals, 32 assists, 47 points
Matt D'Agostini - 18 goals, 17 assists, 35 points
David Clarkson - 9 goals, 17 assists, 26 points
Danius Zubrus - 16 goals, 6 assists, 22 points
Andrei Loktionov - 8 goals, 13 assists, 21 points
Steve Sullivan - 8 goals, 10 assists, 18 points
Jacob Josefzson - 9 goals, 6 assists, 15 points
Steve Bernier (62GP) - 2 goals, 4 assists, 6 points

Defence Stats

Marek Zidlicky - 2 goals, 41 assists, 43 points
Adam Larsson - 4 points, 34 assists, 38 points
Henrik Tallinder - 0 goals, 28 assists, 28 points
Andy Greene - 4 goals, 24 assists, 28 points
Anton Volchenkov - 4 goals, 12 assists, 16 points
Bryce Salvador - 3 goals, 8 assists, 11 points

Goaltender Stats

Martin Brodeur - 82GP, 47-28-7, 2.49 GAA, .918 SV%, 5 Shutouts
Johan Hedberg - 3GP, 0-0-0, 0.00 GAA, .100 SV%, 0 Shutouts

In Round 1 we're facing the 4th seeded Pittsburgh Penguins. They finished with a record of 46-25-11, 103 points. Here are the Rosters:

Pittsburgh Penguins (4th)

Brendan Morrow (83 Overall) - Sidney Crosby (95 Overall) 'C' - Jarome Iginla (85 Overall)
Chris Kunitz (83 Overall) - Evgeni Malkin (91 Overall) 'A' - Tyler Kennedy (81 Overall)
Matt Cooke (79 Overall) - Brandon Sutter (82 Overall) - Pascal Dupuis (81 Overall)
Beau Bennett (72 Overall) - Trevor Smith (76 Overall) - Jason Megna (64 Overall)

Paul Martin (85 Overall) - Kris Letang (90 Overall) 'A'
Brooks Orpik (84 Overall) - Matt Niskanen (82 Overall)
Douglas Murray (82 Overall) - Tom Poti (79 Overall)

Marc-Andre Fleury (87 Overall) - Thomas Vokoun (87 Overall)

New Jersey Devils (5th)

James Neal (84 Overall) - Travis Zajac (84 Overall) 'A' - Ilya Kovalchuk (90 Overall)
Patrik Elias (82 Overall) 'A' - Adam Henrique (81 Overall) - Alexei Ponikarovky (81 Overall)
Matt D'Agostini (79 Overall) - Andrei Loktionov (78 Overall) - David Clarkson (81 Overall)
Steve Sullivan (79 Overall) - Jacob Josefson (75 Overall) - Danius (Zubrus (78 Overall)

Henrik Tallinder (83 Overall) - Adam Larsson (84 Overall)
Anton Volchenkov (82 Overall) - Marek Zidlicky (80 Overall)
Andy Greene (80 Overall) - Bryce Salvador (79 Overall) 'C'

Martin Brodeur (82 Overall) - Johan Hedberg (73 Overall)

Consol-Energy-Center.jpg

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Eagles Execute Numerous Deals at Trade Deadline

The inaugural season for the Halifax Eagles has not been a kind one to the NHL's newest franchise, but it appears that management is prepared to sacrifice this year in hopes of stepping up to the plate next season.

With the team limping into the deadline with an appalling 21-39-4 record - good for nothing other than dead last in the NHL, the Eagles went into a full-scale firesale mode.

To Dallas:
RW Peter Mueller

To Halifax:
RW Brett Ritchie
Dallas 2013 2nd Round Pick​

As a top contender in the West, the Dallas Stars were eager to add another offensive threat to their lineup in Mueller. Though it may have been a steep cost - a top prospect in Brett Ritchie and a 2nd round pick - the deal allows Dallas to improve its position atop the West and gives the Eagles another forward to be excited about down the road.

To Vancouver:
RW George Parros

To Halifax:
Vancouver 2013 5th Round Pick​

The Vancouver Canucks are always looking to get tougher when the deadline rolls around, so adding some grit and a good locker room presence in George Parros at the cost of just a 5th round pick gives them that and they hope it will launch them into the playoffs.

To San Jose:
D Filip Kuba

To Halifax:
D Matt Irwin
San Jose 2013 1st Round Pick​

The San Jose Sharks were looking to improve their defense heading into the playoffs, so they added veteran Filip Kuba in exchange for youngster Matt Irwin, as well as their 2013 1st round pick.

The Eagles were also able to pick up D Matt Gilroy off waivers. They head into the final stretch of the season with this lineup:

Tomas Fleischmann 83 - "A" Stephen Weiss 83 - David Moss 78
Drew Shore 72 - Jonathan Huberdeau 79 - Sean Bergenheim 79
Dwight King 72 - Marcel Goc 79 - Jack Skille 74
Justin Florek 66 - Shawn Matthias 76 - Quinton Howden 66

"A" Brian Campbell 83 - Dmitry Kulikov 83
Jonathan Ericsson 77 - "A" Erik Gudbranson 75
Colby Cohen 71 - Mike Weaver 75
x - Matt Gilroy 75, Matt Irwin 70, Torey Krug 60

Jose Theodore 78
Jacob Markstrom 76

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012

Penguins stacked Roster to much for Devils

Ilya+Kovalchuk+Pittsburgh+Penguins+v+New+Jersey+MTCo4sFo68hl.jpg

Ilya Kovalchuk's 3 goals in 5 games not enough to match Penguins offence.

Martin Brodeur kept us in most games but not even Martin can stop Pittsburgh. They defeated us in 5 games. Ilya Kovalchuk had 4 points (3 goals, 1 assist) in the 5 games, Zajac and Neal had 2 points and Zidlicky had 3 assists. No need for no other stats.. Let's just look over this..

It'll be a Busy off-season. You will be looking at a different looking team next season. Stay tuned!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad