NHL 13 Dynasty Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Langdon Alger*

So you were 4th in the East then? How could you be 5th in the East if you were 4th in the entire league?

The top four teams were all Eastern Conference teams, three of them were Atlantic Division teams, and his team finished fourth among that group. The third division winner moves ahead of his team, so he would finish fifth in the East.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
@CruickshankCH
Flames and Heat both chasing playoff spots as the end of the regular season nears. Flames currently 2 points back of 8th in the West, and Heat currently 7th in the West.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
@CruickshankCH
It's official - Calgary (40-30-12, 92 points) will face Vancouver (49-28-5, 103 points) in the Western Conference Quarterfinals. Vancouver took 4 out of 6 regular season matchups.

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
The top four teams were all Eastern Conference teams, three of them were Atlantic Division teams, and his team finished fourth among that group. The third division winner moves ahead of his team, so he would finish fifth in the East.

Thanks for clearing that up.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
:sharks

Era to End
2021 Offseason Report
September 10, 2021
The Mercury News
Continued from here.

"Hello San Jose Sharks fans. As everyone knows, we have won the Stanley Cup twice, each right after one another. You also know that the 2021-2022 season will be the tenth year of my tenure here in San Jose. I feel that I have made this team as good as it can be, at least while I'm here. In order for the team to improve even more, I am re-signing as General Manager of the Sharks after this season. That said, I will try my best to win the cup three times in a row, which is a feat that hasn't been done since the dynasty days."

Wow. Sharks fans were in disbelief, some were even crying about the released news about GM Flamesrule re-signing. "There's just...there's just no words about that happened", said a fan. "I'm extremely disappointed that he is done. I'm shocked."

With the news out, GM Flamesrule went out and re-sgined some key players for the 2021-2022 NHL season. Some of these players included Max Domi, Joni Ortio, and Ted Summers, all received a big bonus to their previous contract(s).

Re-Signings
Player | Years | Amount | Clauses | Overall | Position
T.Summers|1|1.615M|1-Way|77|RW
M.Domi|2|3.000M|1-Way|82|C
J.Ortio|1|1.060M|1-Way|81|G
M.Martin|1|1.400M|1-Way|79|LW

Free Agent Signings
Player | Years | Amount | Clauses | Overall | Position
M.Puempel|3|4.000M|1-Way|82|LW

San Jose Sharks Lines:

Baertschi(87)-Radulov(89)-Kurvinen(89)
Shinkaruk(85)-Domi(82)-Bathgate(83)
Puempel(82)-Eakin(80)-Neal(84)
Martin(79)-Hertl(77)-Summers(79)

Gormley(87)-Ceci(85)
Daley(82)-Tanev(84)
Seiloff(84)-Franson(83)

Visentin(86)
Ortio(81)

Worcester Sharks Lines:

Volchenmov(69)-Grachev(70)-Virtanen(69)
Gourde(73)-Letestu(76)-Eaves(77)
Wingels(77)-Faikov(69)-Stalberg(76)
McCarthy(69)-Fairwood(64)-Stock(70)

Valentenko(79)-Comrie(76)
Grundel(78)-Bouron(74)
Brennan(67)-Konchiv(63)

Anderson(77)
Peters(78)

Emery

Jul 18, 2011
Ottawa
:coyotes

2015 Playoffs

Coyotes Blow Lead; Get Burned

162596113.0_standard_352.0.jpg

The Calgary Flames celebrate a goal.

Heartbreak.

That is all that can describe the Phoenix Coyotes' collapse. After a 7-2 win in game 4, the Coyotes had a 3-1 series lead. They just needed to bring it home with one more win.

What happened next was, well, shocking.

Game 5 was a close one, with Calgary winning 2-0. Game 6 was in Phoenix, so the Coyotes had everything going for them. Wrong. A 4-1 loss set up a game 7 duel. The Flames were quick to strike, and held a 2-0 advantage after the 1st period. That lead stuck, as they would go on to win 5-1, and complete an improbable comeback in the process.

GM GreeningSingleLady was pretty adamant about the results when interviewed as he was exiting the Scotiabank Saddledome.

"I don't know how, or when, but changes are coming. You just ****ing wait and see."

Series Summary
Game 1: 2-1 Loss
Game 2: 1-0 Win
Game 3: 4-0 Win (Andrighetto 3 goals)
Game 4: 7-2 Win
Game 5: 2-0 Loss
Game 6: 4-1 Loss
Game 7: 5-1 Loss

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa

Era to End
2021 Offseason Report
September 10, 2021
The Mercury News
Continued from here.

Good luck with the three-peat. Are you going to start a new GM once you finish your last season?

Series Summary
Game 1: 2-1 Loss
Game 2: 1-0 Win
Game 3: 4-0 Win (Andrighetto 3 goals)
Game 4: 7-2 Win
Game 5: 2-0 Loss
Game 6: 4-1 Loss
Game 7: 5-1 Loss

Ouuuuch. Looks like getting embarrassed in game four really pissed off the Flames.

Gonna start the year three sim for Seattle in a few mins. Wish me luck!

Emery

Jul 18, 2011
Ottawa

2015 Offseason

doan31.jpg

Shane Doan's career has come to a close.

Fans of the Phoenix Coyotes are buckling up for what could be an eventful offseason. After a terrible playoff failure, GM GreeningSingleLady was driven to announce he will make changes.

Before the offseason began, the Coyotes lost a pair of key forwards to retirement. Captain Shane Doan and winger Radim Vrbata both announced at a press conference that they are hanging up their skates. "We thank both of these men for their services. We especially thank Shane for the endless contributions he has made to the Phoenix Coyotes organization".

2015 Entry Draft

jokerit+juhlii+pulkkinen+eronen+ruutu.jpg

Terry Boyer (center) was the Coyotes' first round pick.

At the Entry Draft, GM GreeningSingleLady elected to trade up. He sent the 16th, 76th, and 106th overall picks to the New York Rangers in exchange for the 7th overall pick. With that pick, the Coyotes selected Polish powerforward Terry Boyer. Here's all of the Coyotes' picks:

7th overall: Terry Boyer, LW - 60 overall, 3.5 green stars
46th overall: Gordie Fussey, C - 59 overall, 3 yellow stars
136th overall: Conor Cummins, D - 62 overall, 2 yellow stars
166th overall: Jason Da Silva, G - 54 overall, 2.5 yellow stars
196th overall: Andrey Alexeev, RW - 53 overall, 2.5 yellow stars

Next up for the Phoenix Coyotes is free agency. Will GreeningSingleLady make any major moves?

Stay tuned.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
^ Nice selections!

@ Deku- I will make an ending post for the franchise and will say what team I will do next.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sharks Finish Strong
2021-2022 Season Recap

50-28-4
104 Points
5th in West

1297278744837_ORIGINAL.jpg

Ceci didn't have the season he wanted, but vows to be better during the playoffs.

In GM Flamesrule's last season, the San Jose Sharks wanted to make a last impression on him, and the impression was a positive one, going 50-28-4 in the 2021-2022 NHL regular season. The Sharks didn't win the division but played very well, earning the 5th seed in the Western Conference. "We played well this year", said captain Cody Ceci. "The Coyotes were a very strong team this year, so it was no surprise that they won the division. However, we are in the playoffs so anything can happen." Ceci ended up having 30 points this season, which is another career low for him.

Max Domi and Hunter Shinkaruk had career seasons, both posting more than 60 points. This is the first time Domi has hit 60 points, while Shinkaruk has hit the plateau twice. "I felt real good this year", said Max Domi. "I can tell that I have improved and it showed on the scoreboard. But the stats don't matter anymore, as long as we win the cup. That's the ultimate prize."

Sharks Stats
Player | Goals | Assists | Points
P.Radulov|35|45|80
J.Kurvinen|28|51|79
H.Shinkaruk|25|43|68
M.Domi|19|43|62
S.Baertschi|25|23|48
M.Puempel|16|21|37
J.Neal|17|19|36
C.Franson|4|31|35
B.Gormley|8|24|32
C.Ceci|6|24|30
T.Hertl|14|12|26
T.Bathgate|8|14|22
M.Martin|8|12|20
T.Summers|12|8|20
C.Tanev|4|15|19
C.Eakin|10|8|18
P.Seiloff|0|13|13
T.Daley|4|9|13

Goaltender Stats
Player | GP | GAA | W | L | OTL | SV% | SO
M.Visentin|66|2.17|42|20|4|93.01|9|
J.Ortio|16|2.70|8|8|0|92.05|0|

Playoff Lines:

Baertschi(87)-Radulov(89)-Kurvinen(89)
Shinkaruk(85)-Domi(82)-Bathgate(83)
Puempel(82)-Eakin(80)-Neal(84)
Martin(79)-Hertl(77)-Summers(79)

Gormley(87)-Ceci(85)
Daley(82)-Tanev(84)
Seiloff(84)-Franson(83)

Visentin(86)
Ortio(81)

The Sharks play the Nashville Predators in the 1st round.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
calgary_herald-704356.jpg

WESTERN CONFERENCE QUARTERFINALS

April 13, 2014

Calgary, AB - The Western Conference Quarterfinal matchup is set.

(8):flames vs (1):nucks

FLAMES LINEUP
LW|C|RW
Erik Cole|Michael Cammalleri|Daniel Alfredsson
Jaromir Jagr|Andy McDonald|James Neal (A)
Sven Baertschi|Mikael Backlund|Blake Wheeler
Jiri Hudler|Matt Stajan (A)|Teemu Selanne
LD|RD
Mark Giordano|Stephane Robidas (C)
Mark Streit|Chris Phillips
Roman Hamrlik|Paul Ranger
G
Miikka Kiprusoff
Leland Irving

CANUCKS LINEUP
LW|C|RW
Daniel Sedin (A)|Henrik Sedin (C)|Chris Higgins
Derek Roy|Ryan Kesler|Alexandre Burrows
Jannik Hansen|Manny Malhotra|Dale Weise
David Booth|Maxim Lapierre|Zack Kassian
LD|RD
Alexander Edler|Dan Hamhuis
Jason Garrison|Kevin Bieksa (A)
Keith Ballard|Chris Tanev
G
Roberto Luongo
Corey Schneider

G1: :flames 3 - 5 :nucks
G2: :flames 2 - 0 :nucks
G3: :nucks 4 - 3 :flames
G4: :nucks 1 - 2 :flames
G5: :flames 1 - 0 :nucks
G6: :nucks 3 - 6 :flames

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
@CruickshankCH
8th-seeded Flames upset the 1st-seeded Canucks in 6 games. Abbotsford plays Charlotte in the AHL Western Conference quarterfinal.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
calgary_herald-704356.jpg

WESTERN CONFERENCE SEMIFINALS

April 28, 2014

Calgary, AB - The Western Conference Quarterfinal matchup is set.

(8):flames vs (2):sharks

FLAMES LINEUP
LW|C|RW
Erik Cole|Michael Cammalleri|Daniel Alfredsson
Jaromir Jagr|Andy McDonald|James Neal (A)
Sven Baertschi|Mikael Backlund|Blake Wheeler
Jiri Hudler|Matt Stajan (A)|Teemu Selanne
LD|RD
Mark Giordano|Stephane Robidas (C)
Mark Streit|Chris Phillips
Roman Hamrlik|Paul Ranger
G
Miikka Kiprusoff
Leland Irving

SHARKS LINEUP
LW|C|RW
Patrick Marleau (A)|Joe Thornton (C)|Martin Havlat
T.J. Galiardi|Logan Couture|Joe Pavelski
Raffi Torres|Tommy Wingels|Adam Burish
Bracken Kearns|Jason Arnott|Daniil Tarasov
LD|RD
Brent Burns|Dan Boyle (A)
Marc-Edouard Vlasic|Jason Demers
Brad Stuart|Marek Zidlicky
G
Antti Niemi
Alex Stalock

G1: :flames 1 - 2 :sharks
G2: :flames 0 - 3 :sharks
G3: :sharks 4 - 3 :flames
G4: :sharks 4 - 1 :flames

Emery

Jul 18, 2011
Ottawa

HISTORIC OFFSEASON IN ARIZONA

COYOTES ACQUIRE TOEWS; SIGN KANE

88-19.jpg

Jonathan Toews and Patrick Kane are coming to The Desert.

Phoenix Coyotes GM GreeningSingleLady uttered the phrase "I don't know how, or when, but changes are coming. Just you ****ing watch" following his team's playoff exit.

He wasn't kidding.

In a window of about 3 hours, the Phoenix Coyotes made some of the largest moves in recent memory. First, they signed superstar right winger Patrick Kane to a 6 year, $46.2 million contract. Kane should more than adequately fill the void left by longtime Coyote Shane Doan.

As if that wasn't a big enough move, GreeningSingleLady decided to hook him up with a buddy.

His name? Jonathan Toews.

The Coyotes shook the hockey world by prying the elite centre out of Chicago, making a blockbuster deal. The package the Coyotes gave up consisted of centers Antoine Vermette and Chris Brown, prospect Lucas Lessio, and the Coyotes' 1st and 2nd round picks in the upcoming Entry Draft.

"I feel as if we are a better team now. Jonathan and Patrick are two elite forwards, who know each other well. I think this helps us become Cup contenders" GreeningSingleLady said. Below are the team's free agent signings, as well as the trade.

Trades:

To :coyotes
Jonathan Toews, C

To :hawks
Antoine Vermette, C
Chris Brown, C
Lucas Lessio, LW
PHX 2016 1st Round Pick
PHX 2016 2nd Round Pick

Free Agent Signings:
Patrick Kane, RW - 6 years, $7.7 mil. per
Jasse Ikonen, LW - 3 years, $1.8 mil. per
Steven Kampfer, D - 2 years, $.885 mil. per

2015-2016 Phoenix Coyotes
Pierre-Marc Bouchard(82) - Jonathan Toews(90) - Patrick Kane(88)
Mikkel Boedker(82) - Andy Miele(82) - Sven Andrighetto(80)
Jasse Ikonen(80) - Alexander Johansson(78) - Matt D'Agostini(79)
Mason Raymond(79) - Brandon McMillan(78) - Erik Condra(76)

Keith Yandle(86) - David Rundblad(87)
Oliver Ekman-Larsson(84) - Michael Stone(84)
Brandon Gormley(83) - Steven Kampfer(78)

Mike Smith(84)
Alex Stalock(81)

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
^ Sick trade & signing, GSL!!!

seattle-times-logo.gif

April 10th, 2015

History Has Been Made
Gladiators make the playoffs for first time in franchise history

402A0001_1_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_qam.jpg

Gladiators forward Dale Weise celebrates one of his 33 goals this season in a game against
the Anaheim Ducks.

All the offseason moves made by the Gladiators have paid off. For the first time in franchise history, live NHL playoff hockey will be played in Seattle. The Glads didn't just squeeze into the playoffs - they racked up 45 wins, 99 points, and finished fifth in the Western Conference. This sets up a first round matchup with the Minnesota Wild, who finished fourth with 106 points. The Wild have home ice advantage, but the Gladiators aren't worried. While they are much better on home ice, Seattle still has an away record of 21-17-3, slightly above .500.

The Gladiators' full record was 45-28-9. They had the 3rd-best offense in the league, scoring 2.99 goals for per game. Their defense was solid, but nothing to special at 2.62 goals against per game. That ranks 15th in the league. Their powerplay was 10th in the league at 18.4%, but their penalty kill was less-than-stellar, ranking 24th in the league at 81.2%. That is not too surprising, though. The Glads don't really have any forwards who specialize in killing penalties - maybe that is something they will look to address in the offseason.

Phil Kessel did not disappoint after signing an eight year contract worth 9 million dollars per year. The superstar forward finished 4th in the league for point-scoring, netting 33 goals, and adding 49 assists for 82 points. Andy Miele had a great sophomore season as Kessel's center, with 66 points. Cory Conacher, who was acquired in a trade from Ottawa, was fantastic on the Glads' second line, scoring 59 points. And shockingly - someone on the team who has not been mentioned yet tied Phil Kessel with 33 goals on the season. Can you guess who that was?

If you guessed Dale Weise, you are correct.

Dale had a surprising breakout year, potting 33 goals on Seattle's second line. He added 29 assists for 62 points. That's outstanding production from a second liner. He began the season on the third line (with powerplay time), but 20 games in he had scored 14 points, so was given a promotion to the second line. Some say that Dale may be a one-hit wonder, some call him a fluke. However we will have to wait and see if he will carry his scoring success into the postseason, and next year.

David Rundblad also had a remarkable year - better than last season. He scored 18 goals and tied his point total from last season, 54 points. However, last season he was a -19, and this season he was a +21. He is considered the front-runner for the Norris Trophy, as he leads all defenseman in scoring, and no defenders near his point totals have a plus/minus rating anywhere near him.

Goaltender Jimmy Howard also had an impressive year. He appeared in 58 games this season and racked up 32 wins. He posted an impressive 2.18 GAA and a save percentage of .925%.

Player Stats

Phil Kessel - 33 goals, 49 assists, 82 points
Andy Miele - 23 goals, 43 assists, 66 points
Dale Weise - 33 goals, 29 assists, 62 points
Cory Conacher - 22 goals, 37 assists, 59 points
David Rundblad - 18 goals, 36 assists, 54 points
Pascal Dupuis - 18 goals, 34 assists, 52 points
Oliver Ekman-Larsson - 6 goals, 43 assists, 49 points
Andrew Cogliano - 20 goals, 25 assists, 45 points
Brandon Gormley - 6 goals, 32 assists, 38 points
Nikita Filatov - 14 goals, 13 assists, 27 points
Blake Comeau - 11 goals, 14 assists, 25 points
Kaspars Daugavins - 9 goals, 16 assists, 25 points
Derek Dorsett - 4 goals, 14 assists, 18 points
Chris Summers - 3 goals, 14 assists, 17 points
Ryan White - 7 goals, 8 assists, 15 points
Chris Brown - 10 goals, 5 assists, 15 points
Corey Potter - 2 goals, 10 assists, 12 points
Maxim Goncharov - 2 goals, 6 assists, 8 points

Goalie Stats

Jimmy Howard - 58 GP, 32-17-7, 2.18 GAA, .925%, 6 shutouts
Christian Engstrand - 26 GP, 13-11-2, 3.13 GAA, .896%, 0 shutouts

Seattle Gladiators 2014-15 Playoff Lineup

Pascal Dupuis (81) - Andy Miele (83) - Phil Kessel (89)
Cory Conacher (82) - Andrew Cogliano (82) - Dale Weise (83)
Kaspars Daugavins (77) - Blake Comeau (78) - Nikita Filatov (77)
Chris Brown (75) - Ryan White (78) - Derek Dorsett (74)

David Rundblad (89) - Oliver Ekman-Larsson (84)
Brandon Gormley (85) - Chris Summers (83)
Corey Potter (77) - Maxim Goncharov (78)

Jimmy Howard (84) - Christian Engstrand (79)​

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
Sometimes these write-ups feel like a Choir. Anyone feel the same way?

Last edited:

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
I think he means a chore lol

If that's what he meant, then no, I don't really feel that way. Sometimes I hate doing the offseason update (especially when it's a boring offseason), but I really enjoy this overall. Often after doing 4 or 5 different GMs I take a little break but then find myself coming back to it pretty quickly.

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
I think he means a chore lol

Yup... Wrong 'C' word.

If that's what he meant, then no, I don't really feel that way. Sometimes I hate doing the offseason update (especially when it's a boring offseason), but I really enjoy this overall. Often after doing 4 or 5 different GMs I take a little break but then find myself coming back to it pretty quickly.

Ah. I just find that sometimes I'm writing them for no reason. Writing them for myself. Thinking people look over mine, IDK.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Ah. I just find that sometimes I'm writing them for no reason. Writing them for myself. Thinking people look over mine, IDK.

I read yours :)
Sometimes it may feel that way but even if I feel like that I still enjoy writing.

seattle-times-logo.gif

April 24th, 2015

Gladiators Come Out on Top

402A0001_2_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_bcf.jpg

After making the playoffs for the first time in franchise history, the Seattle Gladiators have set another first - their first playoff series win.

In six games, they knocked out the fourth-seeded Minnesota Wild. After dropping game one in Minnesota, they bounced back with a 2-0 victory on the back of Jimmy Howard's 36-save shutout in game two. The crowd was wild (no pun intended) when the Glads came home and played their first ever playoff game on home ice for game three, and the team took full advantage. Seattle dominated Minnesota in all areas of the game, and earned themselves a 5-2 victory. Game four was much more close, as it almost went to double overtime, but Derek Dorsett blasted a slap shot past Josh Harding with just about one minute remaining in the first extra period. The Wild would not get eliminated on home ice, forcing a game six, but Seattle finished them off on home ice.

Phil Kessel led the team with eight points in six games. Andy Miele was just behind him with seven points, and David Rundblad had six points.

Game 1: 2-1 Wild Win
Game 2: 2-0 Gladiators Win
Game 3: 5-2 Gladiators Win
Game 4: 3-2 Gladiators OT Win
(Dorsett scored GWG)

Game 5: 3-1 Wild Win
Game 6: 3-1 Gladiators Win

Seattle is up against the sixth-seeded Columbus Blue Jackets in round two of the 2015 Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Pascal Dupuis (81) - Andy Miele (83) - Phil Kessel (89)
Cory Conacher (82) - Andrew Cogliano (82) - Dale Weise (83)
Kaspars Daugavins (77) - Blake Comeau (78) - Nikita Filatov (77)
Chris Brown (75) - Ryan White (78) - Derek Dorsett (74)

David Rundblad (89) - Oliver Ekman-Larsson (84)
Brandon Gormley (85) - Chris Summers (83)
Corey Potter (77) - Maxim Goncharov (78)

Jimmy Howard (84) - Christian Engstrand (79)

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA

Ah... No, we read them ;) After all, everyone who's here is here because they like to see the leagues develop, especially when guided by another vision. Keep up the good work :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad