NHL 13 Dynasty Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
@CruickshankCH
Cammalleri, McDonald, and Neal start for the Flames against Parise, Koivu, and Bouchard. Giordano and Gill, Suter and Gilbert. Kipper and Backstrom. Guns against guns.

@CruickshankCH
National anthems are done. Let's play puck.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
@CruickshankCH
Flames SCORE on the power play! McDonald from Cammalleri and Visnovsky at 15:27 of the 1st. We're tied here in Game 7.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
@CruickshankCH
Flames SCORE with just 7 seconds left in the period! Cammalleri gets the tap-in on a beautiful saucer from Wheeler and Giordano at 19:53 in the 1st. Flames lead 2-1.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
@CruickshankCH
Wild falling apart. They take 2 for slashing at 19:58 of the 1st. Pominville to the box. Calgary will have 1:57 of power play to start the 2nd period on the fresh sheet and long change.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
@CruickshankCH
Heatley misses the net from the low slot. Still 3-1.

@CruickshankCH
Koivu takes it away from Gill, dekes Kiprusoff and hits the outside of the net. Crowd in disbelief.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
@CruickshankCH
Flames limp into the 2nd intermission with a 3-1 lead in Game 7, but the Wild are coming in waves with the home crowd in full force.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
@CruickshankCH
Another offensive zone penalty for Calgary, hitting from behind AGAIN. Gotta stay disciplined here to protect the lead. Tanguay again.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
@CruickshankCH
Flames kill the penalty to Tanguay, who comes out of the box and sets up McDonald on a semi-breakaway. Stoned by Backstrom.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
@CruickshankCH
Net mouth scramble in front of Kiprusoff, who fends off everybody. Still 3-1.

@CruickshankCH
Backstrom heads for the bench at 19:30 in the 3rd; offensive zone pressure kept him at home.

Necropolis

Jan 18, 2013
:wings
WINGS FINISH 5th IN WESTERN CONFERENCE, ARE LOOKING FOR ANOTHER SUCCESSFUL POST-SEASON

Kris Draper's second season as the GM of the Red Wings was successful, as they were able to hit 100 points. The start for the season, however, was very bad. From first 15 games they lost 11 (4-9-2). It was a horrible start but the Wings were able to bounce back strongly and had a solid run in the last 67 games (42-19-6). Mike Babcock had a lot of bad things to say about that horrible start.

"In those first 15 games we were horrible everywhere. We weren't able to play solid game in our own zone. The passes we made from our own zone were horrible. Our players didn't backcheck or forecheck like they should've had. Our goaltending wasn't good. We weren't able to create anything offensively. Our power play and penalty killing were disgusting", Babcock told.

But the Wings worked hard and the things started to work out. Their special man units were one of the biggest reason in their success. Their penalty killing turned from league worst to clearly the best one of the league - in the end of the season their penalty killing-% was 89.1%, being nearly 3% better than the second best penalty killing-% (Tampa Bay, 86.2%). Their power play-% was 18.7%, good enough for 7th best in the league.

gagne.jpg

UFA signing Simon Gagne was one of the biggest reasons in the Detroit's phenomenal penalty killing.

Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Howard and Kronwall all had individually very good seasons. Datsyuk is considered as the front-runner in the Frank J. Selke Trophy. Datsyuk, who had 76 points in the regular season, led all the players in take-aways with 155. Detroit's captain, Henrik Zetterberg, had very good season, scoring 72 points. Jimmy Howard probably won't win another Ted Lindsay award but he had 4th best save percentage in the league and 3rd lowest goals against average although playing more than any other goalie (75 games, Niklas Bäckström had second most with 67 games played). Niklas Kronwall is once again in the Norris Trophy race. Kronwall scored 44 points in the regular season, good enough for fourth most amongst defenders.

The Detroit Red Wings will face 4th seeded Anaheim Ducks in the first round of the playoffs.

TEAM STATS

Goals for: 230, 2.80 per game (7th most in league)
Goals against: 192, 2.34 (7th least in league)
Power play: 54/291, 18.7% (7th best in league)
Penalty kill: 261/293, 89.1% (best in league)

PLAYER STATS

C Pavel Datsyuk 33 goals, 43 assists, 76 points
C Henrik Zetterberg 29 goals, 43 assists, 72 points
RW Jam Mursak 26 goals, 27 assists, 53 points
LW Milan Michalek 19 goals, 30 assists, 49 points
RW Johan Franzen 22 goals, 26 assists, 48 points
D Niklas Kronwall 9 goals, 35 assists, 44 points
C Valtteri Filppula 22 goals, 22 assists, 44 points
D Kyle Quincey 4 goals, 29 assists, 33 points
LW Simon Gagne 14 goals, 13 assists, 27 points
D Brendan Smith 2 goals, 24 assists, 26 points
RW Gustav Nyquist 7 goals, 18 assists, 25 points
C Darren Helm 9 goals, 15 assists, 24 points
C Cory Emmerton 6 goals, 14 assists, 20 points
D Danny DeKeyser 2 goals, 14 assists, 16 points
D Jonathan Ericsson 5 goals, 7 assists, 12 points
LW Justin Abdelkader 5 goals, 5 assists, 10 points
C Tomas Tatar 6 goals, 3 assists, 9 points

Goalie stats

Jimmy Howard 75 games played, 43-26-6 record, .925, 9 shutouts, 2.25 gaa
Jonas Gustavsson 7 games played, 3-2-2 record, .956, 2 shutouts, 1.17 gaa​

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
@CruickshankCH
Babchuk takes the puck behind Kiprusoff and time will run out here on Game 7. 4-1 Flames the final score from Minnesota.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
^ Congrats!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:sharks

Sharks Beat Wild with Ease
3rd Round Recap

May 25, 2021
The Mercury News
Continued from here.

max_domi_london.jpg

Domi was the star of the series, scoring ten points in four games.

For a 2nd year in a row, the San Jose Sharks will represent the Western Conference in the Stanley Cup Finals. The Sharks beat the Wild in four games, which was the same amount they beat them last year. ”We have always played well against them”, said Jussi Kurvinen. “They’re a good team, but we were too much for them.”

Unfortunately, the Sharks received some major disappointing news. Trevor Bathgate went down with a lower body injury and did not return for the rest of the series. The doctors expect Bathgate to be back for Game Five in the Stanley Cup Finals. Max Domi came up huge this series, scoring 10 points, seven of them were goals. “Like I said, I played my game. And as you can see, the results were positives. I just gotta play my game even more in the Finals.”

Game One: 1-2 W
Game Two: 0-5 W
Game Three: 2-1 W
Game Four: 6-2 W

The Sharks play the Tampa Bay Lightning in the Stanley Cup Finals.

:sharks

Last edited:

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
So for anyone who hasn't figured it out, I sim everything except for Game 7s, which I play and live tweet. I will consolidate my live tweets into one post in the future, though.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
So for anyone who hasn't figured it out, I sim everything except for Game 7s, which I play and live tweet. I will consolidate my live tweets into one post in the future, though.

I enjoyed the live tweet format. Was fun to read :)

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
seattle-times-logo.gif

Gladiators Trade Up to First Overall
June 23rd, 2014

cottonw_05.jpg

Everett Silvertips goaltender Daniel Cotton was selected first overall by Seattle.

Seattle Gladiators fans were frustrated when, for the second year in a row, their team was bumped down a spot in the draft due to the draft lottery. Seattle was supposed to pick second overall, but the Boston Bruins lucked out and moved from the eighth selection to the first selection. But before the draft began, general manager Deku Scrub worked his magic again. Just like last year, he traded up in the draft, this time to get the first overall pick from Boston. All he had to give up was the 3rd overall pick and the 39th overall pick.

Everyone was unsure as to what kind of player the Glads would select. They desperately need offense, could use some help on defense, and also need a new starting goaltender. Seattle chose the goaltending route, and took 20 year old netminder Daniel Cotton first overall. Cotton is a generational talent who, according to draft scouts, is likely two or three years away from making an impact at the NHL level.

Here are all of the draft choices from this year's top ten:

1st overall (Seattle): G Daniel Cotton (65 overall, 20 years old, 4.5 green stars)
2nd overall (New Jersey): RW Jake Virtanen (49 overall, 17 years old, 4.5 yellow stars)
3rd overall (Boston): D Jacob Middleton (47 overall, 18 years old, 4.5 green stars)
4th overall (Montreal): RW Patrik Koys (67 overall, 18 years old, 4.5 yellow stars)
5th overall (Philadelphia): D Aaron Ekblad (76 overall, 18 years old, 4.5 yellow stars)
6th overall (Los Angeles): RW Josh Ho-Sang (55 overall, 18 years old, 4.5 yellow stars)
7th overall (Anaheim): G Brenden Fiebelkorn (66 overall, 20 years old, 4.5 yellow stars
8th overall (Pittsburgh): C Sam Reinhart (73 overall, 18 years old, 4.5 yellow stars)
9th overall (Buffalo): G Tuomas Hentunen (60 overall, 19 years old, 4 yellow stars)
10th overall (Carolina): RW Yuri Madigozhin (57 overall, 18 years old, 4 yellow stars

The Glads also picked up two more solid prospects in rounds two and three. With the 32nd pick they took playmaking Swedish right winger Henrik Nyberg, who played junior in Kelowna. He is 20 years old, but is a bit of a project. If he reaches his potential he should be a great third line forward or a solid second line forward (3.5 stars). With the 62nd pick, Seattle grabbed another playmaking winger, Leon Draisaitl from Germany. He is similar to Nyberg in his potential, but is two years younger (18). He played his junior hockey in Prince Albert.

(Both Nyberg and Draisaitl are 54 overall with 3.5 yellow stars)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad