NHL 12 Be A Pro Thread

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
Well I finally finished my first season as my goalie. Ended up with 30 wins, 7 shutouts, and we won the presidents trophy. Beat Buffalo in 7 games, then best Washington in game 7 OT. That was stressful haha I literally jumped up and celebrated when skinner scored in OT. And then we lost to Boston in 7 games. Had my first two playoff shutouts in games 4 and 6 of that series, then got hammered 5-0 in game 7. How depressing. Won the Calder and Jennings trophy, playoffs is the only reason I play haha it gets intense. That was the first time I got to start in the playoffs. Both years in junior I should have started, but the back up played

Just played my first game as goalie since NHL 11, it was boring for the most part but I got some flurries here and there. We won 2-1 in OT, I let in a tying goal with like 5 minutes left in the 3rd, typical. The guy came out from behind the net and I was hugging the post as soon as he released it I knew it was going in you just can't release and move the 6 inches you need to fast enough on those. I was thinking the whole time "get off the post". Faced 17 shots finished with a .941 SV% and .93 GAA.

Will play again tonight but not entirely sure how much I'll be playing this goalie and I'll have to tweak the sliders to see if I can get some more shots against.

hockeykid87

Apr 7, 2008
Just played my first game as goalie since NHL 11, it was boring for the most part but I got some flurries here and there. We won 2-1 in OT, I let in a tying goal with like 5 minutes left in the 3rd, typical. The guy came out from behind the net and I was hugging the post as soon as he released it I knew it was going in you just can't release and move the 6 inches you need to fast enough on those. I was thinking the whole time "get off the post". Faced 17 shots finished with a .941 SV% and .93 GAA.

Will play again tonight but not entirely sure how much I'll be playing this goalie and I'll have to tweak the sliders to see if I can get some more shots against.

Yea the shots against are pretty annoying. I usually get around 20 a game, with the odd game of like 35 shots. Those are the fun ones. And yea players skating out from behind the net is one of the most annoying things they do. Come off the post too early or too late and they beat you every time

bp spec

Jun 7, 2010
Just finished my first season in the Q with my playmaking centerman Sean LeFrain playing for the Quebec Remparts. I started playing as a 16 year old. My goals the first year were to score 79 points, get 52 assists, shoot 145 shots and score 26 goals. The first two were the most important ones.

I got 56 assists, 89 points, 33 goals and 201 shots in 68 games. The rankings were A, A, A+, A+.

Anyway, now to the point. Going into my draft year my season expectations are:

Get 20 assists. Score 23 points. Shoot 55 shots. Score 7 goals. After 13 games I've scored 5 goals and 12 assists for 17 points.

Question: Isn't this completely Pejorative Slured?

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
I was playing my Be A Pro and was drafted by the Capitals but when the preseason came around I just simmed it for a few seasons because I wanted to go back to London, and during the third year I was looking at the top scorers in the OHL and looked at their ages. Most of these players were 22-24. I don`t get this, overage year is supposed to be 21 I think, maybe 20, so why is most of the league past the overage year?

bp spec

Jun 7, 2010
I was playing my Be A Pro and was drafted by the Capitals but when the preseason came around I just simmed it for a few seasons because I wanted to go back to London, and during the third year I was looking at the top scorers in the OHL and looked at their ages. Most of these players were 22-24. I don`t get this, overage year is supposed to be 21 I think, maybe 20, so why is most of the league past the overage year?

Laziness I guess. I've noticed this too.

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom

I think it's because no new 16 year old players get generated, they are there in the draft but do not actually play in the CHL. The players who don't get signed by an NHL team stay in the CHL otherwise there wouldn't be enough players to fill all the teams.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I'm really liking the new sim engine. I just let it sim until about 10 minutes left, then start playing. I'm on Pro difficulty, but I messed with the sliders, too.

My Name
Sniper
70 Overall

On the 1st line, playing for Sarnia. Have 40 goals and 19 assists in 28 games as a 16 year old.

Thinking about upping the difficulty more, but I'm torn on the sliders. Not much fun always dominating, but I don't want my stats to plummet either.

KiwiFlamesFan

Aug 11, 2006
New Zealand
I'm fairly new to Be-A-Pro as I've only had my 360 and NHL12 for about 6 months.
I'm wondering if I start a BAP as a 16 year-old goalie in the CHL, will I be the back-up for the first season, or does the game make you automatically the starter?

I like things to be realistic. Anyone done this and can answer my question?

Cheers for the help.

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
I'm fairly new to Be-A-Pro as I've only had my 360 and NHL12 for about 6 months.
I'm wondering if I start a BAP as a 16 year-old goalie in the CHL, will I be the back-up for the first season, or does the game make you automatically the starter?

I like things to be realistic. Anyone done this and can answer my question?

Cheers for the help.

Depending what team you pick, you should be a higher overall rating than the other goalie anyway.

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
Yeah that's what I was thinking but I'd rather it rated me lower for that first season for realism. If not I'll just start as a 17 or 18 year old...

Cheers for the response.

The game never rates you any lower than 68 without boosts and upgrades, if you want to be a backup just play behind Jack Campbell or Calvin Pickard who are 70 overall. But even then if you play well you will take over the starting duties, it gives you more games depending how good you play. You want to be rated higher though trust me, it was annoying being thrown straight into the NHL at 73 overall.

You'd be better off starting as a 17 year old anyway, you'll probably get bored playing in the CHL for so long.

Oh and just to warn you goalie mode is broken in this game, try not to get too pissed off and throw your console out of the window.

Patmac40

BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME
Jun 7, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Name: Pat MacIsaac
Team: Halifax Mooseheads
Position: RW
Style: Sniper
Overall: 74
Difficulty: Superstar
Height: 6'00"
Weight: 187

Reg. Season:
GP: 68
G: 60
A: 46
PTS: 106
PIMS: 62
+/-: 19
PPG: 15
SHG: 7
GWG: 20
GTG: 3
Shots: 601
S%: 9.9%
Hits: 137
GV: 97
TK: 92

Playoffs:
GP: 19
G: 18
A: 12
PTS: 30
PIMS: 16
+/-: 4
PPG: 3
SHG: 1
GWG: 4
GTG: 1
Shots: 115
S%: 15.6%
Hits: 40
GV: 41
TK: 36

Just got drafted first overall to the Colorado Avalanche. Through 2 pre-season games I have 1 goal and 2 assists.

Last edited:

JerseyGuy276

An American Outlaw
Mar 22, 2010
A Flood Zone
Question for anyone, when your playing be a Pro, and you're guy is waiting to jump on the ice during a line change, does the player coming off ever get stuck in front of the door, and just move like left and right trying to get in but never doing so?

JerseyGuy276

An American Outlaw
Mar 22, 2010
A Flood Zone
I find the be-a-pro in NHL 12 a lot more interesting (thanks to the sim to next shift button) than in 11. My only issue is this: has anyone else noticed that your player seems to never get injured other than a missed check or a broken jaw? And even then that those injuries are always minor? (Playing as a 5'7" RW)
Enough of me complaining though, It'll be interesting to see how my career plays out as the Ottawa Senators 1st overall pick. Oh and, Hello World!

I've gotten a "medium injury" before (thats what I call it) and missed 6 games and I've been injured multiple times in a season. Never finished with fewer then 70 GP though.

Patmac40

BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME
Jun 7, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Question for anyone, when your playing be a Pro, and you're guy is waiting to jump on the ice during a line change, does the player coming off ever get stuck in front of the door, and just move like left and right trying to get in but never doing so?

Yeah that has happened to me a few times, really annoying. Haven't figured out a way around it if there is a way at all.

KiwiFlamesFan

Aug 11, 2006
New Zealand
The game never rates you any lower than 68 without boosts and upgrades, if you want to be a backup just play behind Jack Campbell or Calvin Pickard who are 70 overall. But even then if you play well you will take over the starting duties, it gives you more games depending how good you play. You want to be rated higher though trust me, it was annoying being thrown straight into the NHL at 73 overall.

You'd be better off starting as a 17 year old anyway, you'll probably get bored playing in the CHL for so long.

Oh and just to warn you goalie mode is broken in this game, try not to get too pissed off and throw your console out of the window.

Hmm I might try that option then. Haha, I have played a few games and it is frustrating as hell but still a lot of fun considering I'm fairly new to it.

DPapais

Jun 12, 2012

Reg. Season:

Playoffs:

Just got drafted first overall to the Colorado Avalanche. Through 2 pre-season games I have 1 goal and 2 assists.

Name: my name
Team:Saint John Sea Dogs
Position: C
Style: Playmaker
Overall: 68
Difficulty: pro
Height 5"11
Weight 165 lbs.

Reg. Season:
Gp:68
G:57
A:85
P:142
PIM:114
+/- 87

Playoffs
Gp:19
G:29
A:27
P:56
PIM:46
+/- 29

I was drafted 1st by phoenix, i got 210 points in my rookie season won the calder, art ross, conn smythe, hart, ted lindsay, maurice richard and most importantly the stanley cup!

Im in my sophomore year in the nhl (kinda, i got sent back down at the beginning of my second and third seasons, im with the bruins now though) and these are my stats so far
Gp:32
G:49
A:90
P:139
Pim:113
+/- 87
PPG:8
GWG:9
Hits:305
Min:676:07

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
Is it really that much fun do dominate and get a point every 2 minutes?

I don't get it either :dunno: these guys are obviously just playing on pro. I'm constantly tweaking my sliders to get as much realism as possible, I make it so I actually have to try hard to score and win. I try to get realistic even shot on goal totals, powerplay numbers, and so that it isn't just my line that scores all the goals. Oh and I actually play defense.

Last edited:

LetsGoLeafs

Jun 13, 2012
Here's my player

Player name: Adam Robson
Position:center
Height:6 feet
Weight:210 Lbs
Shoots:left
GP:5
G:4
A:5
Pts:9
Pims:9
+/- :4
PPG:0
SHG:0
GWG:1
GTG:1
Shots:62
Face off %: 59.8
Hits:15
Mins played: 255(rounded)

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
I'm one for realism as well, but that doesn't stop me from trying to be first overall, finding a nice balance can be hard though. If I can score 3pts a game for two or three games in a row then I need a change, but if I am scoring 1-2pts a game for 10 games in a row I'll leave it.

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
I'm one for realism as well, but that doesn't stop me from trying to be first overall, finding a nice balance can be hard though. If I can score 3pts a game for two or three games in a row then I need a change, but if I am scoring 1-2pts a game for 10 games in a row I'll leave it.

It isn't difficult to be drafted first overall. If you play every game and reach all of your targets in season expectations, complete a lot of the in-game tasks, and have a deep playoff run; you're pretty much guaranteed to have enough exp to go first overall.

Patmac40

BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME
Jun 7, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia

Reg. Season:

Playoffs:

Update: After 4 preseason games, 2g 2a, I got sent back down and am playing on the third line in Halifax :S . Not sure why that happened. Anyways, we were 1-7 when I joined the club, 5-7 now with 5 goals and 2 assists. Anyone know why I'd be on the third line and if I can work my way back up to the first line like I can in the NHL?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad