NHL 12 Be A Pro Thread

Use the Schwartz*

Don't know why this wasn't started earlier, oh well. Discuss your BAP careers and BAP in general.

Player Name: Nathan Mackinnon
Position: Center
OVR: 69
Games Played: 19
Goals: 10
Assists: 14

Came into BAP, hoping to be on a 2 ppg pace, but I don't have the attention span to play every game. I've played most of the home games so far, probably around 7-10 games.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Guess I'll post as well...

Name: James Duke
Height: 6'0
Weight: 185lbs
Shoots: Right
Team: Barrie Colts
Player Style: Playmaker
Overall: 68

Stats
GP: 4
G: 0
A: 2
P: 2
PIMS: 4
+/-: -3
PPG: 0
SHG: 0
GWG: 0
GTG: 0
S: 15
FO%: 39.3%
Hits: 6
GV: 8
TK: 11

Playing on superstar difficulty on the Colts 3rd line. Played all 4 games so far and find it rather challenging. I plan on playing most of the games. I find it much more fun that way.

My season expectations are rather high IMO right now, especially on Superstar. I have to get 52 assists, 79 points, 145 shots, and 26 goals. I might actually have to lower the difficulty, something I'm not to keen to. lol

chesed

Apr 5, 2011
SoCal
Name: George
Height: 5'7
Weight: 150 lbs
Team: Los Angeles Kings/Manchester Monarchs
Position: Right Wing
Play style: Two-Way Forward
Overall: 70

Difficulty: Pro
Career Performance: Rookie 3 (Progress: 94%)

Career Stats

AHL: Manchester Monarchs

GP: 16
G: 9
A: 35
PTS: 44
PIMS: 34
+/-: 31

NHL: Los Angeles Kings (current placement)

Season 1 expectations (current/goal):

Goals: 7/9
Shots: 73/71
Assists: 4/16

-----

GP: 13
G: 7
A: 4
PTS: 11
PIMS: 31 (haha keep running into the goalie =P)
+/-: 9
PPG: 0
SHG: 1
GWG: 2
GTG: 1
S: 73
S%: 9.6%
FOW: 1
FOT: 3
FO%: 33%
HITS: 14
GV: 12
TK: 29
MIN: 174.07

This is my first time playing BAP. I usually play season mode or Be a GM mode w/ a friend in locked position. We managed to get the Cup on Superstar difficulty on NHL 11, but I think it's because we found ways to score easily. Now that we're playing 12, we don't know those ways yet (except for wrap-arounds). Honestly, I prefer to score because of good positioning or good plays rather than exploiting game mechanics. This is why I went down to Pro difficulty level.

However, considering I was called up to NHL level so quickly and the season expectations are so low, perhaps All-Star might be more suitable. I love a challenge, just not impossible. =P (I'm not all that good with this game, either) And from the stats you can see that in the AHL it was easy for me to make assists, whereas in the NHL my points mainly come from goals (I can't make assists anymore for the life of me). I love the step up in difficulty. Seems more realistic.

Use the Schwartz*

I'm debating starting over tonight and committing to playing every game. I'm scoring at a 1.4 ppg pace now but I'd rather be at 2+.

Does anyone know the requirements for making the prospect game, or getting drafted in the 1st round? I figure it's XP based.

Edit: could a mod sticky this please and thanks:)

ScottyP

Jun 12, 2011
BC
This should be stickied at the top along with the dynasty thread. I'm not very good at the game, I'm so used to NHL 10, which was much easier to score (especially considering I was like 99 for slapshot and wristshot accuracy and power) xD Here's a list of all my stats, haha. I figured with the changes they made to BAP this year I'd pick up NHL 12, considering I skipped NHL 11. I'm very happy with the purchase, even if only for the BAP changes, though I have been messing around with HUT a bit, since NHL 10 didn't have it, but I think I'm going to stick with BAP and maybe a little GM Mode.

Name: Matt
Height: 6'3"
Weight: 206 lbs
Team: Vancouver Giants
Position: Left Wing
Style: Power Forward
Overall: 70

GP: 26
G: 17
A: 16
PTS: 33
PIMS: 76
+/-: 13
PPG: 2
GWG: 4
Shots: 202
S%: 8.4%
FOW: 45
FOT: 98
Faceoff %: 45.9%
Hits: 88
GV: 27
TK: 19
Minutes: 493.55

I'll post my stats again at the end of the season, and I'll also post my play-off stats.

I've managed to make it to the first line for the Vancouver Giants, which to me is pretty cool considering it's my first season with them in the CHL. The giants are currently ranked 1st in the league, with 17-8-1 record. I've simmed a few games, and played most of them. I lead my team in goals, and PIMs. :)

Also, I'm playing on Pro difficulty.

EDIT: If I get drafted to Toronto when I make it to the NHL, I'm going to rage, because in NHL 10 I was drafted to them, and I'd like a different team this time. I hope I get drafted to the Canucks or Jets. :)

Last edited:

plaaplaa72

Jul 29, 2011
Helsinki
EDIT: Updated

Name: Otto
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 182 lbs
Team: Kingston Frontenacs
Style: Sniper
Overall: 69
Playing Number: 94

GP: 16
G: 16 (#1 In OHL)
A: 15
PTS: 31 (#1)
PIMS: 50 (#1)
+/-: +16 (#2)
PPG: 1
SHG: 0
GWG: 1
Shots: 146 (#1)
S%: 11.0%
FOW: 181
FOT: 359
Faceoff %: 50.4%
Hits: 61 (#1)
GV: 25 (#1)
TK: 13
Minutes: 330:55

Season Expectations for CHL Season:

146/269 Shots
16/41 Goals
31/91 Points
15/49 Assists

Last edited:

Glennsoe

Horndog
Jan 7, 2011
I posted this in the other thread...But here goes..

In my BaP mode...

I'm the teams leader in both goals and assists and are playing on the first line...

Yet I'm not "allowed" to;

* Be on the ice at the end of the games if theire close enough that theire goalie get's pulled (Usualy I get my last shift at around 2.30 mins before the game ends...)

* Start in the power play, yet I always start on the PK...

* Be one of the first 3 to start in the penalty shoot out...

Curious as to why this keeps happening...

Richie Daggers Crime

Boosted 9 times they/them
Mar 8, 2004
Boise
I got drafted #2 overall by the Avalanche. Played my 1st pre-season game and had 2 goals and a helper, now I'm afraid to play more because there's no way I can do that again. :lol:

Use the Schwartz*

I read elsewhere that the CHL isn't that beneficial, is this true?

Yeah, you gain XP so you can get your rating up a bit before you hit the NHL, but you don't get anything for milestones or anything like that.

I started over, have played every game. Finaly I'm tearing it up, loving it. Playing on Pro, I assume the NHL will be harder but if not, I'll put it on All-Star so I don't come into the NHL on a 2 ppg pace in my rookie year.

So far I've got..

GP:13
G:11
A:17
P:28
+/-:14
S:142:)laugh:)

Can't remember anything else exactly, I know I hit 50 hits about 3 games ago. My shots are rediculousy high, but I can't help it. I'm probably a bit too good for pro, but that can wait.

Does anyone else have the problem where the rest of your team doesn't score? Some games they do, but I've had 5 or 6 games where the only time anyone scores is when I'm on the ice. Even the other team. It's making the rest of my teams stats so stupid. I played on the third line until about 2 games ago, and my right winger on that line had 11 goals. He probably wouldn't get that all year. And guys on my top line have like 6 points in 13 games. Kind of annoying.

ScottyP

Jun 12, 2011
BC
Here's my update after finishing the first season in the WHL, we got knocked out first round of playoffs against the Prince George Cougars after losing the series 4-2.

Here's my complete WHL stats for the 2011-2012 season.

I did sim quite a bit of the games, just messing around in the WHL for a few seasons before I get drafted.

Season Stats
GP: 72
G: 38
A: 42
PTS: 81
PIMS: 152
+/-: -4
PPG: 6
SHG: 2
GWG: 8
Shots: 500
S%: 7.8%
FOW: 196
FOT: 392
Faceoff %: 50.0%
Hits: 255
GV: 87
TK: 60
Minutes: 1514.24

I used my end of season XP to get to 72 Overall. I am also the Captain of the Vancouver Giants.

Powder

Watch out, I bite.
Mar 14, 2011
Somewhere Up North
Does any one else have their games frozen randomly in-game? It just happened to me for the second time and I was in the 3rd period with 2g and 2 a. The first time it happened I was getting destroyed 4-0 or something in the 2nd so I was kind of happy there but still...

Anyways, here's my guy. I'm playing on Superstar and have played every game. Even after all this, I'm only on the second line for some reason.

Team: Vancouver Giants
Position: RW
Style: TWF
Overall: 69

GP: 21
G: 27
A: 22
PTS: 49
PIMS: 53
+/-: 2
PPG: 3
GWG: 3
Shots: 171
S%: 14.6
Hits: 179
GV: 44
TK: 44

I want to play every game but it gets pretty aggravating sometimes, I know I'll be happier in the long run if I don't sim that way it's all me (plus, you gain more xp that way). The only thing I kind of regret is that this is in my first year of the CHL and I have another one to go after this before my draft.

Edit: Oh yeah, and if anyone wants to play in the CHL first, I suggest not to pick the Vancouver Giants because they blow spaceballs. Despite all my points, we're only 9-11-1, and it's not like I have 0 points every few games and then burst out 2 games...I produce consistently, only got shutout once. But yeah, don't play for the Giants.

chesed

Apr 5, 2011
SoCal
Does any one else have their games frozen randomly in-game? It just happened to me for the second time and I was in the 3rd period with 2g and 2 a. The first time it happened I was getting destroyed 4-0 or something in the 2nd so I was kind of happy there but still...

I have had the game freeze on me during a Season mode game w/ another local player and when entering the Custom Music menu in BAP mode. Since the first patch, I've had it freeze one time more, again on Season mode.

I've played maybe 30 or so games on BAP (AHL/NHL) and no freezing during play (only the music menu).

Thank goodness for the backup saves.

chesed

Apr 5, 2011
SoCal
Does anyone else have the problem where the rest of your team doesn't score? Some games they do, but I've had 5 or 6 games where the only time anyone scores is when I'm on the ice. Even the other team. It's making the rest of my teams stats so stupid. I played on the third line until about 2 games ago, and my right winger on that line had 11 goals. He probably wouldn't get that all year. And guys on my top line have like 6 points in 13 games. Kind of annoying.

I've played every game (I don't like to sim games), and my team scores both when I'm on the ice and off at a relatively decent spread. So no, I'll throw out that I don't have that particular problem.

Actually, I'm wondering if anybody sees any difference in the BAP Performance tracker/BAP Mode stats. Maybe I'm missing something here. But I received a message that I obtained the "Pro" card (I'm now Veteran 1) inside the BAP mode, but when I exit BAP and select the Performance tracker, it says I'm only Amateur 2. So uh... what? Am I missing something. I don't have a Pro card when it said I was supposed it. Has anybody experienced this?

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
NHL 12 just shipped to my house! Can't play a lot but weeee

I want to play as a D-man on BAP, but before creating the character - how much does your weight and height affect your on-ice abilities?

Powder

Watch out, I bite.
Mar 14, 2011
Somewhere Up North
NHL 12 just shipped to my house! Can't play a lot but weeee

I want to play as a D-man on BAP, but before creating the character - how much does your weight and height affect your on-ice abilities?

EA says that height and weight does come into play when hitting and taking hits to some degree, not sure how much though.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
BAP has been completely fixed...it's amazing now.

Name: Steven Martinique
Jersey #: 86
Plyr type: Sniper
Pos: LW
Team: Nashville Predators
GP: 0
G: 0
A: 0
P: 0

I'm still in preseason, but I had 2g, 4a, 10h in game 1, and I have 1g, 1a halfway through game 2.

Last edited:

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
Name: Kris
Overall 74
TWF
Drafted by the Flyers

Stats i'll post later....I need 48 points and 16 goals. So far, even though I'm not a PPG player, I've got a huge lead for the rookie scoring title.

habsman56

Habs&Hoops
Nov 15, 2008
In one my 2nd season of CHL with the Giants. Good first year, had about 44 goals/90 points, and we made the 2nd round, lost in game 7.

Now I'm in my draft year, having a pretty strong year so far. My expectations for my 2nd season were VERY low compared to my first season for some reason.

ilikeblocks

Still a registered user
Feb 16, 2008
I spent an hour figuring out settings for the CHL mode. On rookie it seemed like you could score at will, on Pro mode QMJHL games were ending 2-1 and 1-0, but I tweaked Pro with the casual sliders, and things started being realistic. Anybody else have any be a pro slider/setting advice?

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
I spent an hour figuring out settings for the CHL mode. On rookie it seemed like you could score at will, on Pro mode QMJHL games were ending 2-1 and 1-0, but I tweaked Pro with the casual sliders, and things started being realistic. Anybody else have any be a pro slider/setting advice?

I'm running tests on mine currently will probably finalize them and post them tomorrow with 3-5 games worth of stats as well as some season standings and stats for teams/players.

I can say that my BAP player has dropped from 2.29 ppg to 1.55 ppg and I am happy with that. I am shooting for realism so it's been a time consuming process to get realistic numbers with these 20 minute perioids. Anyway I will explain all this in my post with the sliders and will be throwing up my BaP info here too either tonight or tomorrow.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00