NHL 12 Be A Pro Thread

bp spec

Jun 7, 2010
Yeah, I want it to be realistic. Thank you for pointing that out, but I don't know if I'll continue playing BAP, it's not very fun.

KiwiFlamesFan

Aug 11, 2006
New Zealand
88 OVR playmaking center Sean LeFrain's career this far:

11/12 QMJHL 68GP, 33G, 56A, 89PTS.
12/13 QMJHL 68GP, 32G, 85A, 117PTS.

Drafted 58th overall by the Penguins and was traded the same summer to the Avs.

13/14 NHL 78GP, 18G, 37A, 55PTS. Won the Calder.

Was sent back to juniors for some strange reason.

14/15 QMJHL 64GP, 40G, 92A, 132PTS.
15/16 AHL 55GP, 13G, 44A, 57PTS.
NHL 24GP, 4G, 12A, 16PTS.
16/17 NHL 82GP, 18G, 54A, 72PTS.

Left the Avs for Dallas Stars.

17/18 NHL 80GP, 27G, 48A, 75PTS.

Left Dallas for Philly. 1-year deal.

18/19 82GP, 27G, 58A, 85PTS. Won the Cup and the Conn Smythe.

Inked a 4-year deal with the Flyers.

19/20 82GP, 25G, 65A, 90PTS. Won the Hart trophy.
20/21 82GP, 25G, 58A, 83PTS. Won the Cup.
21/22 19GP, 4G, 16A, 20PTS. (So far)

Total:

Regular season:
NHL: 529GP, 148G, 348A, 496PTS.
AHL: 55Gp, 13G, 44A, 57PTS.
QMJHL: 200GP, 105G, 233A, 338PTS.

Playoffs:
NHL 88GP, 33G, 57A, 90PTS.
QMJHL 49GP, 23G, 51, 74PTS.

Wow nice stuff! Annoying how the game sends you back to juniors like that and also seems like your draft position should of been higher. Aside from that it would be damn realistic. Did you play all those games?

firemal

Jun 8, 2010
88 OVR playmaking center Sean LeFrain's career this far:

11/12 QMJHL 68GP, 33G, 56A, 89PTS.
12/13 QMJHL 68GP, 32G, 85A, 117PTS.

Drafted 58th overall by the Penguins and was traded the same summer to the Avs.

13/14 NHL 78GP, 18G, 37A, 55PTS. Won the Calder.

Was sent back to juniors for some strange reason.

14/15 QMJHL 64GP, 40G, 92A, 132PTS.
15/16 AHL 55GP, 13G, 44A, 57PTS.
NHL 24GP, 4G, 12A, 16PTS.
16/17 NHL 82GP, 18G, 54A, 72PTS.

Left the Avs for Dallas Stars.

17/18 NHL 80GP, 27G, 48A, 75PTS.

Left Dallas for Philly. 1-year deal.

18/19 82GP, 27G, 58A, 85PTS. Won the Cup and the Conn Smythe.

Inked a 4-year deal with the Flyers.

19/20 82GP, 25G, 65A, 90PTS. Won the Hart trophy.
20/21 82GP, 25G, 58A, 83PTS. Won the Cup.
21/22 19GP, 4G, 16A, 20PTS. (So far)

Total:

Regular season:
NHL: 529GP, 148G, 348A, 496PTS.
AHL: 55Gp, 13G, 44A, 57PTS.
QMJHL: 200GP, 105G, 233A, 338PTS.

Playoffs:
NHL 88GP, 33G, 57A, 90PTS.
QMJHL 49GP, 23G, 51, 74PTS.

For once someone actually makes a realistic bap :p

bp spec

Jun 7, 2010
Wow nice stuff! Annoying how the game sends you back to juniors like that and also seems like your draft position should of been higher. Aside from that it would be damn realistic. Did you play all those games?

Thanks! No I haven't played all of the games, and I think that could be the reason for being drafted so low. The lack of enough EXP points. But I try to play as many games as I can. Or I tried, I haven't played Be A Pro for a while now

By the way, as for the draft I made up a story in my mind that my BAP was a bit of a problem child in juniors. Ton of skill, but no work ethic or disciplin, often took stupid penalties etc. That's why he dropped. :laugh:

For once someone actually makes a realistic bap :p

Haha, more people should try. It's more fun if it's realistic.

firemal

Jun 8, 2010
I agree. I usually play on Allstar with edited sliders and I find the games feel much more realistic, and more entertaining than scoring 5 ppg on pro/rookie.

JohnnyMacintosh

Jun 29, 2012
For the folks wondering about how people are getting deep into careers other than raw awesome dedication (not simming), you can actually sim whole careers if you want, playing maybe 3-10 games the whole time. I actually found how how to do this by accident, as I am one of those guys who plays one in four games while simming to the last minute or so. I was totally zoned out and forgot to hit the "intervene" button, and I thought I was screwed since the stupid management thinks a 89 overall belongs on the third line...

Anywho the "your being lazy" message never showed up... So for the rest of the season I simmed 3 games, then simmed the fourth in that interface thing that shows all the details. Lo and behold, it actually counts it to whatever thing defines you as not being lazy. Henceforth I never got that message again, and all I did was sim the entire season. Its important to note that you have to do this during the playoffs too, because although it wont show you the "your being lazy" messages, it will still count towards it when the next season begins.

For me personally, be a pro didn't get old, but rather monotonous (if you know what I mean) back in NHL 11 when I played a few full seasons + playoffs with the Wings. It's mostly due to the lack of presentation, because I absolutely hate how playing game seven in overtime after coming back 0-3 in the series feels, looks, and sounds exactly the same as your average regular season game. That is the main reason why I feel the need to sim the vast majority of the season. Here are the stats for my latest dude:

John Clarke, RW, 92 Ovr, age 28:
Currently ripping it up with James Neal and Sid-the-34-Year-Old-Kid on the first line in Pittsburgh.

NHL totals: 782 GP, 519 G, 464 A, 981 Pts, 307 +/-

Had a great first season with Winnipeg, but things turned sour when they sent me down to the AHL 70 games into my second season. Totally lost interest in playing for them, so I just started simming through the whole season and I only got 9 games into the next season before I was sent down again and picked off waivers (On a two way contract?:shakehead) by the Rangers. Yet again, I simmed the whole season not really caring just so I could get to the FA. I then singed a one year deal with Buffalo, won the cup and signed a six year deal with them in the off season. Things didn't really work out near the end of the contract as they were in deep with RW's and I didn't fit in depth wise anymore, so I hit the free agency, and I signed a six year deal with the Penguins to be a part of the awesome line that I mentioned above. Still in my first season with them.

Yeah! Not too bad of a first post if I do say myself!:D

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
By the way, as for the draft I made up a story in my mind that my BAP was a bit of a problem child in juniors. Ton of skill, but no work ethic or disciplin, often took stupid penalties etc. That's why he dropped. :laugh:

I did that for my BAP right wing TWF :laugh: I made my guy my actual age and nationality so my story was that I was a high risk pick as an overager from GB playing on a stacked Niagara team on a line with Ryan Strome and Tom Kuhnhackl. I scored around a point per game and got drafted with the first pick of round 3.

Last edited:

bp spec

Jun 7, 2010
I did that for my BAP right wing TWF :laugh: I made my guy my actual age and nationality so my story was that I was a high risk pick as an overager from GB playing on a stacked Niagara team on a line with Ryan Strome and Tom Kuhnhackl. I scored around a point per game and got drafted with the first pick of round 3.

I wonder if it's healthy to play NHL as serious as I, and as it seems, you do? :laugh:

BestWestern

May 23, 2011
Hey so i made a BAP

Started as a 17 year old, just wanted to get drafted lol. I played every second game and all in the playoffs lost in the 2nd round. My agent said I was expected to go in the 4th round so i go to the draft and Im selected 8th in the 4th round by Dallas. i don't know if this was a coincidence but I was also picked 8th overall by Dallas with a different BAP. I saved just before the draft, but every time I go back and re-do the draft I keep going to Dallas, same pick. :(

Is there any way to change teams without simming games and playing ****** to get traded? Cause until then I prob will just keep redoing the draft over and over and over and.....

Please help! :)

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
It's too late now, sometimes you can save before the Stanley cup is won because then the draft order will be different but most of the time the same team will pick you. Best thing to do is save after like the first round of the playoffs and just sim the rest of the games, you will be picked at different positions depending how well you do in the playoffs and also the draft order will be different depending on NHL results.

BestWestern

May 23, 2011
*****. Like honestly, anybody but Dallas. On Madden you just save right b4 the draft. *****.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
I'm on the first line, and leading my team in points. Why don't I see any OT time unless my team gets a PP?

Any way to fix this?

hz

Aug 7, 2010
Is there anyway to change position, i signed with Pittsburgh as a center and would like to play with Malkin or Crosby

Robanaiter95

Jul 19, 2012
Canada
Nhl 12 be a pro player:)Superstar

Name:Robert O'Neill
Number:77 Cause 7 is not availible
Team:Toronto Maple Leafs
Shot:Left
Height:6'4
Weight:191 ibs
Playertype:TWF
Plays Like:Malkin or Hagelin

GP:11
G:9 (1st)
A:13 (1st)
PTS:22 (1st)
PIM:10(2 fights)
+/-:18(1st)

AND CAN YOU MAKE ALLSTAR GAME?:)

Leafs For Life*

So, when trying to get your hockey shop builds (Tough guy boost, Gretzky, Howe, Roenick, etc) and it says play 40 games, do you have to PLAY straight through or can you just sim/intervene?

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
So, when trying to get your hockey shop builds (Tough guy boost, Gretzky, Howe, Roenick, etc) and it says play 40 games, do you have to PLAY straight through or can you just sim/intervene?

It seems like you should be able to get them with sim/intervene but some of mine never unlocked lol.
I hate be a pro offline I played every game (intervene last 5 min) averaged 250-300 pts a season and after being drafted 1st overall (32pts in 4 memorial cup games) 3 Stanley cups winning pretty much every award, beating Gretzky records. They have the audacity to offer me a 1 year 1.2 offer I simmed until I was in the AHL and then ended the season there. Signed as a free agent with Nyr for 1.4 so far 100 pts in 27 games not too shabby.
Playing on hardest difficulty.

289 games played 612 goals 294 assists.

DekiSystem

Still Playing NHL 2001
May 23, 2012
I just ended up creating a new Be-A-Pro and after hitting the randomize button in the edit pro I figured, why not give the "start in the chl option" a try.
It's odd playing hockey, with my pro, on nhl 12 without hearing some 12 year old insult me like in Online Team Play.
I'm considering editing the sliders for my Be-A-Pro but after 8 games I have 5 goals, 13 Assists, and "only" 32 shots. Personally, I find the game more interesting when I make an effort not to shoot so I can keep reasonably realistic shot totals.

PookDo

Sep 7, 2008
Does the equipment as in the skates or stick you choose for your pro really make that big a difference? I switched from mostly Warrior to Bauer and I feel like my wrist shot is not as powerful or as accurate

Hasa92

Aug 4, 2012
Finland
I hope they really fix the BaP for NHL 13, i mean i play on superstar difficulity and normal game mode yet i put up Gretzky like stats, honestly iv'e been playing my 4th and current season with these settings (last 3 i played on pro difficulity to get trophies & such) i've played abot 20 games and have 22 goals and about 50 assists?!? thats more than 70 points? If i keep this up and won't simulate any games im gonna have around 200 points at the end of the season NOT including the playoffs also my pro's overall is only 79... And did i mention that i'm playing as a GRINDER???

Well it does explain a bit that im playing in Tampa where Stamkos, St louis and Lecalaviers skills help me but the first 3 seasons where i played in phoenix mostly played on pro difficulity but some games i did play on superstar and almost in every game i get more than 3 points even with superstar difficulity and even in phoenix.

Another annoying thing is that even thou i get alot of points i usually have to if i want to win in the regular time and my plus-minus is only the same as average nhl player? because the opposing team often scores when im on the ice (i hope the AI in 13 won't have as stupid players for neither of the teams and also a coach that isn't a complete Pejorative Slur, that way my +/- would be much, much higher, that's if i get anywhere near as high points in 13 as i get in 12.

Last edited:

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
WINTERHAWKS SELECT CHIBI POOKY

The Portland Winterhawks have selected 16-year old winger Chibi Pooky in this year's draft. Standing at 5'8" and 175lbs, the two-way forward joins the team in hopes of making the NHL one day.

His objectives for his first season in juniors:
Score 23 goals
Score 68 points
Put 170 shots on net
Total 40 assists

Since he is known for his commitment to defense, Pooky will start on the third (checking) line.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00