NHL 12 Be A Pro Thread

xxOPPNOOBZxx

#ProduceForKing
Mar 24, 2012
Ontario
Got drafted 7th overall by the Devils, one spot before my favourite team. Final game in the pre-season, had my best defensive game yet (two-way forward). Only shift in OT, intercepted a pass by Tavares, went down and shot, but was saved.

I was then sent down to the Knights, but put on the 3rd line, wtf? Anyways first game was against the soo, one of my first shifts was on the pp, was owning the soo, forced them to high stick me, which lead us to a goal.

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
Update on my goalie be a pro:

Team: Moose Jaw Warriors (WHL)

Games played: 45
GAA: 2.19
SV%: .911%
Wins: 29
Losses: 15
Shutouts: 3
Goals against: 98
Shots against: 1,089
Assists: 1

Team record: 35-14-3

Made my guy my actual age, November 92 born so I'm an overager
Overall: currently 72 (including boosts I've unlocked)
Last update on draft position said 3rd round

I'm actually getting really good now, having a lot of fun playing with the sliders I use, plenty of shots and hardly any BS goals.

Kallejohansson

Jan 24, 2012
Just finished my first and only (hopefully) season in QMJHL with the Saint John Sea Dogs, and we had a pretty bad year overall. Last in our division, but it was really fun playing with Galiev and Huberdeau. Both of them scored a ton of goals, so I put up a good amount of assists, but the goals were a bit harder to come by.

Player: Mathieu Noreau, born in -94. 178cm/80kg (5 feet 10/176 pounds)
Position: Right Winger, playmaker

As you see, I'm not that big or strong, I try to be more of a skilled guy with good playmaking and a decent shot. It's a bit hard though, most of the guys outmuscle me pretty easily. My statline in my draft year: 20 goals, 44 assists and a -40 :)cry:). We had a terrible backup goalie who let in at least 5 goals per game, he played for like 20 games but still, it destroyed the teams +/-.

Anyways, 64 points in 68 games were enough to be drafted by Bruins in the 4th round. I'm happy I didn't go to a bad team, my goal for the year is to stay up with the B's and perhaps score 20-30 points. Not really expecting to be put on the first line so my ice time will probably be a bit limited! Maybe my size will be a problem, since most of the players will be A LOT bigger and stronger. I see some possibility to become another French-Canadian skilled-but-small-and-weak-career-AHLer, if that's even possible in NHL12.

And yeah, I'm playing on superstar, I'm not that bad!

EDIT: First pre season-game versus Toronto, Loss 0-4. -4, worst on the team. 1 shot and a ton of PK-time, broke like 3 sticks while blocking shots... Not an excellent start to my pro career I would say.

Last edited:

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
Well this ****ing sucks.

I have 2, Two Way Center saves. (same pro)
1 where we lose game 7 of the WHL finals, and one where we lose in the final memorial cup game.

In both of them, i get drafted 25th overall by the Penguins... i've re-loaded and tried each of them 5 times, and all 10 times... the Pens.

****! :cry:

KuralySnipes

Jan 7, 2011
Arlington, VA
I'll update you guys with regular updates including articles and such. But here's some preview background information:

Name: Branden Corderio
Number: 7
Team: Pheonix Coyotes
Playoff History: Eliminated in 2nd round of WHL Playoffs in 2011-2012 WHL season, Eliminated in Game 7 to the #1 overall St Louis Blues in 2012-13 season, Won Stanley Cup in 7 Games against Buffalo in 2013-2014 season as #4 seed, currently #8 seed with 78 points with 10 games left and looks like a possible rematch with St Louis in 1st round unless I make up the deficit for #7 seed.

Year Drafted: 2012 NHL Entry Draft
Team drafted too: Pheonix Coyotes
Draft Overall: #1
CHL Team: Seattle Thunderbirds
Career Goals: 109 and counting
Goals in Rookie Season: 54 goals
Goals in Sophmore Season: 55 and counting with 11 games or so left
Awards: Maurice Rocket Richard Trophy, Calder Memorial Trophy, Conn Smythe Trophy, Stanley Cup, Leading Goal Scorer, Leading Point Scorer, and #1 overall pick in 2012 NHL entry draft.

I play on All-Star and my contract is up this year, my line mates are Mike Riberio and Hanzal/Vrbata. I'll have a huge update tomorrow and will regularly update with articles and notes, etc.

Epic Neal Time

May 8, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
Well this ****ing sucks.

I have 2, Two Way Center saves. (same pro)
1 where we lose game 7 of the WHL finals, and one where we lose in the final memorial cup game.

In both of them, i get drafted 25th overall by the Penguins... i've re-loaded and tried each of them 5 times, and all 10 times... the Pens.

****! :cry:

Sounds like the game's trolling you. :laugh:

I wouldn't mind getting drafted by the Caps. The only team I don't wanna play for is Philly. Yuck!

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
I don't mind who drafts me, as long as they aren't too deep in the goalie position. I wouldn't want to be drafted by the Rangers because they have Lundqvist, and I hope Florida don't draft me because the jerseys are horrible. As much as I hate the Devils, Brodeur always retires after the first season so it wouldn't be too bad to be drafted by them, I'd probably leave after my 3 year ELC is up.

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
Finished regular season with my goalie now, my team (Moose Jaw) finished first overall in the WHL with 105 points and a team record of 50-17-5.

We are matched up against my bogey team the Regina Pats in the first round of the playoffs, I always seem to play crappy against them because they just trap and take hardly any shots but still manage to score 2 or 3 goals somehow. I had to rage quit against them a few times because they were pissing me off.

My stats for the season:
GP: 62
Wins: 42
Losses: 19
Shutouts: 4
GAA: 2.13
SV%: .911

My draft position is currently "somewhere in the 2nd round" so that's looking good.

In the NHL season, the Blues are the first team to clinch a playoff spot, and the Islanders are somehow presidents trophy leaders with Toronto, Calgary and Anaheim leading their divisions :laugh: while the Sharks and Nashville are lottery teams, with Columbus looking to have the best chance at drafting Yakupov.

Some weird **** has happened in my game, twice a player has had a breakaway and my Dman dived and swept the puck away cleanly without the forward falling or even stumbling, and a penalty shot was given :facepalm: I saved it the first time it happened, and they scored on the second time so I rage quit, it was complete BS.

The Reaper

Men of Mayhem
Dec 29, 2010
Canada
Finished regular season with my goalie now, my team (Moose Jaw) finished first overall in the WHL with 105 points and a team record of 50-17-5.

We are matched up against my bogey team the Regina Pats in the first round of the playoffs, I always seem to play crappy against them because they just trap and take hardly any shots but still manage to score 2 or 3 goals somehow. I had to rage quit against them a few times because they were pissing me off.

My stats for the season:
GP: 62
Wins: 42
Losses: 19
Shutouts: 4
GAA: 2.13
SV%: .911

My draft position is currently "somewhere in the 2nd round" so that's looking good.

In the NHL season, the Blues are the first team to clinch a playoff spot, and the Islanders are somehow presidents trophy leaders with Toronto, Calgary and Anaheim leading their divisions :laugh: while the Sharks and Nashville are lottery teams, with Columbus looking to have the best chance at drafting Yakupov.

Some weird **** has happened in my game, twice a player has had a breakaway and my Dman dived and swept the puck away cleanly without the forward falling or even stumbling, and a penalty shot was given :facepalm: I saved it the first time it happened, and they scored on the second time so I rage quit, it was complete BS.

I'm the same way, when i hardly face any shots, i end letting one in cause i'd be so rusty :laugh:

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
I'm the same way, when i hardly face any shots, i end letting one in cause i'd be so rusty :laugh:

It's not that I'm rusty, when they do actually shoot I'll be in perfect position to make the save but it will still magically go in :shakehead it doesn't happen against any other team, just Regina.

I ended up simming the series against them, I tried to play game 1 but had to rage quit 4 times because they scored with their first shot on goal :shakehead

Last edited:

The Reaper

Men of Mayhem
Dec 29, 2010
Canada
It's not that I'm rusty, when they do actually shoot I'll be in perfect position to make the save but it will still magically go in :shakehead it doesn't happen against any other team, just Regina.

I ended up simming the series against them, I tried to play game 1 but had to rage quit 4 times because they scored with their first shot on goal :shakehead

lol when i let in the first shot, i turn my x-box off and then turn it back on and try again :laugh:

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
lol when i let in the first shot, i turn my x-box off and then turn it back on and try again :laugh:

Yeah that's what I mean by rage quitting :laugh: I make sure to save before every game, the autosave can't be trusted.

I decided I couldn't be bothered to play the playoffs, so I'm simming to see what draft outcomes I get. I made a 2nd save file after being drafted by Tampa in the 2nd round, they want to put me straight into the NHL. I'm trying to find a team that will send me down to the AHL because I want to spend at least a season there to make it realistic, I don't want to go straight into the NHL as a 19 year old 2nd round pick.

The Reaper

Men of Mayhem
Dec 29, 2010
Canada
Yeah that's what I mean by rage quitting :laugh: I make sure to save before every game, the autosave can't be trusted.

I decided I couldn't be bothered to play the playoffs, so I'm simming to see what draft outcomes I get. I made a 2nd save file after being drafted by Tampa in the 2nd round, they want to put me straight into the NHL. I'm trying to find a team that will send me down to the AHL because I want to spend at least a season there to make it realistic, I don't want to go straight into the NHL as a 19 year old 2nd round pick.

it's not that hard actually, play like crap in the 4 pre-season games and u will get sent down, happens to me all the time

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
it's not that hard actually, play like crap in the 4 pre-season games and u will get sent down, happens to me all the time

They said "Your spot is assured" and they only made me play 2 of the pre-season games, I decided to stick with it anyway since they only have Garon and the 2nd best goalie is Tokarski at 76 overall and I'm 74 so I thought oh well. Lost my first 2 games against Winnipeg and Ottawa 3-2, then lost 4-3 in shootout against Pittsburgh, got my first win against Boston 3-2 also. I kept a shutout for most of that game until we were winning 3-0 and the AI went try-hard in the last few minutes and did your typical online pass across the crease goal twice.

Had to change up my sliders a lot to fit the NHL game, had to put shooting accuracy back to default and changed defensive strategy to staggered. With the collapsing defense they kept blocking shots and leaving crappy rebounds, I also had to put CPU goalie reaction speed down so we could score more.

Last edited:

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
So I made a player, and when I click continue it just goes back to the character creation page. Then when I go to Be a Pro mode, I can't find my character anywhere. Where do you select a custom one to do Be a Pro?

EDIT: Now I put him on the Mooseheads, and as soon as I choose him it puts me right to the Ducks? Why can't I start in the CHL with my own player? lol. Then I try going to "Start in CHL" and it makes my player a girl named Lexi?

Last edited:

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
So I made a player, and when I click continue it just goes back to the character creation page. Then when I go to Be a Pro mode, I can't find my character anywhere. Where do you select a custom one to do Be a Pro?

EDIT: Now I put him on the Mooseheads, and as soon as I choose him it puts me right to the Ducks? Why can't I start in the CHL with my own player? lol. Then I try going to "Start in CHL" and it makes my player a girl named Lexi?

Don't do create a player.

Go to Be a pro then edit pro, and make it your name and stuff. Then when you select start in the CHL it should be your name and the stuff you did in edit pro.

The reason it puts you to the Ducks is because you probably selected them as the "pro team" when you did create a player.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Don't do create a player.

Go to Be a pro then edit pro, and make it your name and stuff. Then when you select start in the CHL it should be your name and the stuff you did in edit pro.

The reason it puts you to the Ducks is because you probably selected them as the "pro team" when you did create a player.
Yeah, I actually figured this out on my own shortly after posting this. Thanks for the help though.

The Reaper

Men of Mayhem
Dec 29, 2010
Canada
Has anyone ever gotten a video of Wayne Gretzky talking about Gordie Howe when u first get a Gordie How hat trick in a Be a Pro?

Epic Neal Time

May 8, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
Started as a 17 yr old center with the Seattle Thunderbirds of the WHL. All-star. Won the Memorial Cup and got drafted 1st overall by the Los Angeles Kings. :yo: I like it. They're one of my favorite teams. :D

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
Goalie is so ****ing hard

I had a really good year in the WHL but then I got drafted by Tampa and they made me go straight into the NHL when I didn't want to because my guy was 74 overall. For some reason Tampa's defense is more Pejorative Slured than what I had in Moose Jaw: giveaways right in front of the net, not picking up a trailer, collapsing on my net and getting in the way leaving someone open, blocking shots that leave terrible rebounds, losing the puck on the boards behind the net then the AI does the unstoppable wraparound.

Even with my adjusted sliders that I had success with in the CHL, it was impossible to play, I tried making adjustments but none worked. I gave up in the end.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad