NHL 12 Be A Pro Thread

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
WINTERHAWKS CLAIM WHL CHAMPIONSHIP, MEMORIAL CUP

The Portland Winterhawks, led by winger Sven Bartschi's 36 goals and 67 assists, captured the WHL championship and the Memorial Cup in 2011-2012.

Rookie Chibi Pooky finished 9th on the team in scoring with 11 goals and 25 assists, maintaining a +28 rating, 10th on the team, and finished 2nd on the team in takeaways with 57, despite playing less than 975 minutes, 13th on the team. Contributing to the winger's low scoring was an abysmal 7.5% shooting. He plans to work on his shot during the offseason. Pooky added 3 goals and 3 assists with a +2 rating in the playoffs. He also scored 2 goals and 2 assists with a +4 in the Memorial Cup tournament.

Last edited:

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
WINTERHAWKS LOOK TO REPEAT

The Portland Winterhawks are looking to repeat as WHL and Memorial Cup Champions this season. Draft-eligible winger Chibi Pooky would like to play a larger role in his team's success, but coaches think otherwise. Pooky's season objectives are as follows:
Score 13 goals
Score 42 points
Put 112 shots on net
Score 29 assists

Chibi will once again play on the third line, but will see power play time on the second unit, in addition to his primary penalty killing duties.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
WINTERHAWKS BEGIN OFFSEASON

The Portland Winterhawks failed to repeat as Memorial Cup Champions, ousted in the WHL Semifinals by the eventual Memorial Cup runner-up. Winger Chibi Pooky had a much better season, scoring more than twice as many points as the previous season. He scored 24 goals and 50 assists during the regular season, with a +28 rating, and added 2 goals and 7 assists with a +5 rating in the WHL playoffs.

Chibi Pooky was selected 132nd overall by the Minnesota Wild.

Unsurprisingly, the Wild will keep Chibi in juniors this year. He will play for the Winterhawks, for whom his objectives are:
Score 14 goals
Score 45 points
Put 120 shots on net
Score 30 assists

Pooky will fill in on the third line, second power play, and top penalty kill unit again. His presence should be a boost to the reeling Winterhawks, who have dropped the first three games of the young season.

Last edited:

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
WINTERHAWKS FALL SHORT AGAIN

The Portland Winterhawks were eliminated by Kootenay in the WHL Finals in five games. Winger Chibi Pooky was a large part of their run, amassing 7 goals and 9 assists with a +7 rating.

Chibi Pooky will have another season with the Winter Hawks as an 18-year-old. He'll continue to play third line minutes with power play and penalty kill responsibilities.

PookDo

Sep 7, 2008
I am the sad pathetic one when it comes to playing Be a Pro.11 games away from finishing the season and I have well over 300 goals. My team has lost one game likely my fault for getting a game misconduct for making some guy a permanent part of the boards.We've clinched our conference and all I can say is I'm having fun.Its first season and after this season I will change the difficulty.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
I am the sad pathetic one when it comes to playing Be a Pro.11 games away from finishing the season and I have well over 300 goals. My team has lost one game likely my fault for getting a game misconduct for making some guy a permanent part of the boards.We've clinched our conference and all I can say is I'm having fun.Its first season and after this season I will change the difficulty.

I have a BaP like that too. This one is sim only (which prevents the CPU from moving you line to line, but oh well).

randomcanadian

Jun 16, 2012
Did be a legend on rookie just to get the legends milestones.

PLAYER: GORDIE HOWE
GAMES PLAYED: 247
GOALS: 872
ASSISTS: 522 ( DON'T GO CALLING ME A PUCK HOG I'M GOING FOR THE GOAL MILESTONES FIRST)
+/-: + 2969
PIM: 32 (just turned PIM on)
PPG: 1
SHG: 3
GWG: 153
SHOTS: 4893
TEAM TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS:yo:

randomcanadian

Jun 16, 2012
BAP gets annoying when i've scored enough points and goals to win the respective trophies. then with 2 or 3 games to go the send me down.:cry:

firemal

Jun 8, 2010
BAP gets annoying when i've scored enough points and goals to win the respective trophies. then with 2 or 3 games to go the send me down.:cry:

Yeah, the coach/gm logic is just ridiculous in NHL 12. I was a 98 ovr goalie and because I simmed the 4 preseason games I was sent down to the AHL.

ImpartialNHLfan

Oct 26, 2011
Parts Unknown
Did be a legend on rookie just to get the legends milestones.

PLAYER: GORDIE HOWE
GAMES PLAYED: 247
GOALS: 872
ASSISTS: 522 ( DON'T GO CALLING ME A PUCK HOG I'M GOING FOR THE GOAL MILESTONES FIRST)
+/-: + 2969
PIM: 32 (just turned PIM on)
PPG: 1
SHG: 3
GWG: 153
SHOTS: 4893
TEAM TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS:yo:

lol 1 PPG

DekiSystem

Still Playing NHL 2001
May 23, 2012
My version of having fun with Be-a-Pro,
Anyone remember Matthew Barnaby?
[size=-2]Not after the concussion I just gave to some poor AI player. [/size]
Hopefully 13's hitting will be a bit better because 12's just isn't my style.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
My version of having fun with Be-a-Pro,
Anyone remember Matthew Barnaby?
[size=-2]Not after the concussion I just gave to some poor AI player. [/size]
Hopefully 13's hitting will be a bit better because 12's just isn't my style.

Yeah I had one where I just made the biggest fastest strongest hardest hitting defenseman I could and ran around smashing everything.

DekiSystem

Still Playing NHL 2001
May 23, 2012
I just started playing my old be a pro (the twf instead of the goon) and after 38 games I have a total of 53 points (16+37), 38 PIMS, and a plus 28. Not bad for being drafted first overall by the Ottawa Senators. Playing on default settings.

PookDo

Sep 7, 2008
I'm on my second season of BAP and I have better stats than every other person on my team and somehow I got moved or demoted to second line. Oddly though that second like out performs that first line.Lost one game because I got a 5 minute misconduct for baording in a game.I tend to get the most goals on my team so I can only blame myself

PookDo

Sep 7, 2008
Yeah, the worst part of BaP is that you basically have to drive everything yourself. The AI guys don't really understand hockey.

Ive noticed that. I somehow got access to the tough guy boost pack even though I'm sure I didnt get the required PM last season. Or maybe I did. I fought quite a bit. Either way after I applied it I broke the glass twice and have made a lot of guys a permenant of the boards.its kind of sad bad a fun way to get out frustration

Hawkmoon

Aug 22, 2012
"Hawkmoon" (I do not want to tell my real name)
Role: Playmaker Center
Age: 17 (November 7th, 1995) - will he get drafted 2nd year in the game anyway?
Height: 173cm
Weight: 69kg
Stats in QMJHL "Quebec Ramparts"
2011/2012
Regular Season: 68 GP, 73 G, 130 A, 203 PTS, 109 PIM, +163 +/-.
Playoff: 17 GP, 27 G, 29 A, 56 PTS, 29 PIM, +39 +/-.

2012/2013 (current)
Regular Season: 26 GP, 40 G, 72 A, 112 PTS, 57 PIM, +83 +/-.

I have not played the NHL series since they quit producing the games to PC so I was all new to the controls etc. since I just bought an XBOX360. I therefore play on Pro. I hate changing difficulties on a save in all kind of games where that is possible so I will stick to this with this save. I play on offline mode so only computer opponents. :) My player is supposed to be a really Techniqual player and I must admit I consider myself a bad scorer but the stats kinda tell otherwise but I guess it went better when I improved Off.Awareness and Shooting accuracy. I probably improved myself as well I guess... I am useless in making dekes because I have not learned that yet I must admit. Any hints how to learn those and are they really useful? I must also admit that I have reloaded some matches and I do play all matches and always simlulates to the next shift. Not many matches have been reloaded though but some. Especially in the playoffs since I wanted to win the Playoff. Lame perhaps but I want as much XP as possible etc so... :)

Here below are my skills. Should I get balance up you think? I carry the puck a lot and is relying a lot in skating such as changing direction, turn around, and simply skate faster. Should I improve things such as Durability and Endurance perhaps? I also read that the players could grow so that is why I put the low height and weight. He has not grown anything this far though... Any hints there? Defensively I am thinking Def. Awareness would be nice to continue improving since I want to make my skating and positioning be enough most of the time. I love tackling as well though and Stick Checking could be usefull to improve since I fail a lot there. Alo gets lots of penalties doing that as you can see.

OV: 74
Deking 72
Hand Eye 73
Off Awereness 80
Passing 85
Puck Control 90
Slap Shot Accuracy 73
Slap Shot Power 68
Wrist Shot Accuracy 75
Wrist Shot Power 70

Aggressiveness 66
Body Checking 63
Def. Awareness 81
Discipline 81
Faceoffs 85
Fighting Skill 57
Shot Blocking 61
Stick Checking 68

Acceleration 85
Agility 86
Balance 72
Durability 76
Endurance 76
Speed 85
Strength 71

I have not seen the attributes of your characters guys so I thought I maybe could start a trend (EDIT. "trend", not thread as it first said here) there and get some discussions going... :)

Last edited:

Mikachu93

Formerly MacTruck
Aug 1, 2010
NY
Okay so I score 43 goals, have 55 assists, win the Hart Trophy and Lady Byng, yet in the offseason, the highest contract offer is 750k per season? Didn't have any "calling it in" issues during the season or demotions to other lines. Why do I get awful contract offers?

Anyone else get this problem?

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
Okay so I score 43 goals, have 55 assists, win the Hart Trophy and Lady Byng, yet in the offseason, the highest contract offer is 750k per season? Didn't have any "calling it in" issues during the season or demotions to other lines. Why do I get awful contract offers?

I think it's based on your overall and player type.

It's the same in be a gm mode, with the player's expected salary, how many points he scores or trophies he wins doesn't make a difference.

Does it really matter, anyway?

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA

NHL bases a player's contract value on rating, not performance. Dumb. Should be performance-based with a modifier based on expected performance for a player with that rating.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad