NFL/NCAA Coach Watch 2018/19

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

Surprised he’d be willing to unretire for the Bucs of all teams.

I'm not. Offence is pretty much set with the trio of Winston-Evans-Howard just need an RB and a couple other guys. Defence will need work but they should have the cap space.

This covers two threads:

Didn't see a head coaching gig for Kingsbury coming this quick. Nor did he since he took a job at USC

If Murray stays in college hes going to forfeit part of his 4 million bonus, not sure he'd want to do that.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Apparently Brian kelly is a candidate for Tampa bays job.

Somewhere urban Meyers heart just turned 20 again.

I don;'t get the ND hype at all. There's no advantage to coaching there. The academics are strict. Theres no wiggle room for anything. What they did this year is the realistic ceiling with the way the game has progressed.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Arians to the Bucs didn't make much sense to me either at first but it turns out he really likes Winston and they have a great relationship.

I'm out on Winston and wouldn't trust him on or off the field but if the Bucs are sticking with him then you might as well get Arians in there to try and make it work.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Winston still has elite talent. Yes he has a lot of maturity and off field issues but sooner or later he will grow up. Personally I think the uber incident and resulting suspension really taught him a lesson as he was shown how easy his dream can be taken away from him.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Winston still has elite talent. Yes he has a lot of maturity and off field issues but sooner or later he will grow up. Personally I think the uber incident and resulting suspension really taught him a lesson as he was shown how easy his dream can be taken away from him.

Dude it's been 4 years. He is who he is.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Good news about Hue but I'm now worried about Mike Mularkey because those rumours are out there. I say just give Stefanski a shot and keep it in house.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Stefanski seems like Zimmer's guy. Don't know why this is difficult.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Harbaugh deserves to be fired after today

He was going to be fired before the Jackson hot streak and really there is no reason not to get rid of him after hoe how he handled today's game

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Because Mike Zimmer is hell bent on having a 1974 offense.

Possibly but I don't think so. People automatically go to that when they hear him talk of running more but I think he wants the ball in Cook's hands more often because he's their best playmaker and he just doesn't trust Cousins. He can't publicly say the latter so he just gives the same "run the ball more" line. The thing he hates most is turnovers and he knows the chances of one goes up significantly when the ball is in Cousins' hands. If it's not a pick then it'll be a backbreaking fumble, which Cousins has been known for.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Possibly but I don't think so. People automatically go to that when they hear him talk of running more but I think he wants the ball in Cook's hands more often because he's their best playmaker and he just doesn't trust Cousins. He can't publicly say the latter so he just gives the same "run the ball more" line. The thing he hates most is turnovers and he knows the chances of one goes up significantly when the ball is in Cousins' hands. If it's not a pick then it'll be a backbreaking fumble, which Cousins has been known for.

I don't think Cook is that good tbh.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I don't think Cook is that good tbh.

He has shown flashes but nothing consistent yet. It remains to be seen if that's because of the combination of injuries and poor OL play or he's just not that good. I believe he's one of the leaders in forcing missed tackles per rush attempt and is near the bottom of the league is yards before contact. I'd love to see what he can do with competent OL play.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Bruce Arians to the Bucs with Todd Bowles as his DC is the latest speculation.

Bucs interview former Cardinals head coach Bruce Arians, the frontrunner to replace Dirk Koetter

Schefter says two teams are strongly considering reaching out to the Ravens to try and get John Harbaugh and Florio says those two teams are the Dolphins and Broncos.

Sources: Ravens, Harbaugh still talking new deal

I haven't seen much on the frontrunners for the other jobs. There's some McDaniels to the Packers/Browns buzz but they're still interviewing a bunch of people.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad