NFL/NCAA Coach Watch 2018/19

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
Manny Diaz with a very impressive interview this morning on ESPN. He's already gotten rid of the entire offensive coaching staff & is likely going to bring in Larry Fedora to be the OC. So far I'm encouraged.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Manny Diaz with a very impressive interview this morning on ESPN. He's already gotten rid of the entire offensive coaching staff & is likely going to bring in Larry Fedora to be the OC. So far I'm encouraged.

If they're going to spend the extra $4M to make this happen, they better give him everything he wants.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
So the Bengals candidates are Hue Jackson and Vance Joseph....

Ouch.

There are some others as well but Brown clearly loves familiarity. He doesn't care what anyone else thinks so he might go with Hue but that decision would draw a ton of criticism. I doubt anyone would be excited about Joseph either but at least it wouldn't be arguably the worst HC in NFL history based on record.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
I didn't think he'd jump but that's serious money. Also if you look at it as trading living in West Virginia for Houston..thats a no brainer.

WVU could have rather easily matched and passed that. Have to think there was an issue between him and the ad and the ad wanted to bring in their own guy.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I get Brown is a miser but Jesus Christ Hue Jackson literally won tw0 ****ing games in two years. You can't be serious.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
WVU could have rather easily matched and passed that. Have to think there was an issue between him and the ad and the ad wanted to bring in their own guy.

I don't think there is tbh. He's been there for 7 years and has hit a ceiling. I think he sees what's happening at UCF and thinks he could do a similar job. He's friends with Fertitta(UH money man) and knows Texas.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
I don't think there is tbh. He's been there for 7 years and has hit a ceiling. I think he sees what's happening at UCF and thinks he could do a similar job. He's friends with Fertitta(UH money man) and knows Texas.
Sounding like an announcement of Brown from Troy is coming in the next few days. Not sure how I feel about that move.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
I would hate for the Saints to lose Pete but he's waited long enough. People are recycling the likes of Hue Jackson and Adam Gase but you don't think this guy can be a head coach after 10 years as Payton's right hand man? I know he has kind of a nerd vibe and all but geez, I don't think he's ever even had a serious interview.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad