NFL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread - ISOLATED PHASE! Part One!

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
Going to go with a sentimental pick here.

This player played both defensive end and fullback, and we are selecting him on offense. Here, he would go to help the Eagles win the 1948 and 1949 NFL championships, including scoring the only touchdown in 1949. He led the league in receptions for three straight years from 1953 to 1955 - at the end of his career, led the league in receiving yards in 53 and 55, and scored the most receiving touchdowns in the NFL in 1953 as well. He intercepted two passes and forced eight fumbles in his career. He blocked a punt for a touchdown in his first season. He was a six-time all pro and six-time pro-bowler. He was inducted into the PFHOF in 1970.

He was also a badass. He was drafted after his sophomore year of college and joined Patton's Third Army in World War II. He was awarded the Silver and Bronze Stars for his actions on the battlefield, as well as a field commission to Second Lieutenant.

Pihos_Pete_Action.jpg

Offensive FLEX: Pete Pihos

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Well then despite Beef's claims of homering it up, allow us to grab one of the best football players to ever come through Washington D.C. and all-around hunk, Guard Russ Grimm.

4c5069f058a26.image.jpg

Despite playing an unappreciated position, Grimm achieved every accolade available to him -- founding and best member of The Hogs, 4 consecutive First Team All Pros, Super Bowls, Hall of Fame induction, and NFL All-Decade Team inclusion.

@CanadianFlyer88 Do things.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
My next selection is undoubtedly @Captain Dave Poulin's favourite defensive player in the NFL today. Pittsburgh born, an Ohio State Buckeye legend, and now a member of his hometown Steelers, he will allow us to stack the box, when necessary, alongside Steelers all time great, Mean Joe Greene.

Welcome to the team, FLEX Cameron Heyward!

20191110pdSteelers11-2-1573596108.jpg

@Captain Dave Poulin, after you finish cleaning up your vomit, you may proceed.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
That is repugnant.

Anyway, I can't put off this decision any longer. I mean, technically I could, but I'm not going to. I really love this kid - he's a huge character guy. I don't know that he's necessarily the receiver out of the backfield that you need in today's NFL, but the thing is, we aren't going to be playing in today's NFL, are we? Or at least we don't know for sure which version of it will be played in the Quackverse. I have a feeling that there will be crazy science-fictional variance from game to game, but whatever. I think he could hold his own in any era, really. And there are larger draft strategies at play, as always.

1278589719.jpg

RB - Josh Jacobs

@Beef Invictus

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Well then despite Beef's claims of homering it up, allow us to grab one of the best football players to ever come through Washington D.C. and all-around hunk, Guard Russ Grimm.

4c5069f058a26.image.jpg

Despite playing an unappreciated position, Grimm achieved every accolade available to him -- founding and best member of The Hogs, 4 consecutive First Team All Pros, Super Bowls, Hall of Fame induction, and NFL All-Decade Team inclusion.

@CanadianFlyer88 Do things.

Ahhh I suspected this once you narrowed it to G. Alas, I only had one Legend left and went with Bruce Smith instead.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Bumpass Meat selects:

VE53VF4SDFFE3I5TF34MLCJHB4.jpg

Ndamukong Suh (IDL/DT/NT/Huge Dude)

Suh is a big man. A very big man. And shockingly mobile for being so big. I don't have any idea what scheme I'm gonna run, but I might need a nose tackle and he has the size and ability to take on two players if he must. If I end up not having need for a nose tackle, then he'll tear it up just as much as a regular tackle. This guy can play anywhere on the defensive line. He's just really good.

@Young Sandwich

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I just took a close look at my action shot of Suh and realized that's an Unnamed Browns Guard behind Suh, facing backwards and staring at him. Gonna guess [REDACTED] had himself a time dealing with that

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
RIP to this legend of a man known as the Tasmanian Devil. 12x Pro Bowler, 7x 1st Team All-Pro, a well deserved Hall of Fame induction, and as complete of a linebacker as you could dream of during his extended peak. His suicide was tragic but helped bring the discussion of CTE to the forefront. He was the definition of a warrior.

junior-seau-lowers-the-boom.jpg

D FLEX - Junior Seau

@Beef Invictus

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
RIP to this legend of a man known as the Tasmanian Devil. 12x Pro Bowler, 7x 1st Team All-Pro, a well deserved Hall of Fame induction, and as complete of a linebacker as you could dream of during his extended peak. His suicide was tragic but helped bring the discussion of CTE to the forefront. He was the definition of a warrior.

D FLEX - Junior Seau

@Beef Invictus

Great-ass pick.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
OK. I'm doing this. What do I need? D things, OK. Pro-tip: Don't have a career while starting a new career at the same time while selling your house and buying a new house and having a 4 year old. At least I'm free of the Flyers season.

Ummm f*** I'm being real lazy with this because I don't wanna be a holdup anymore. I want to dig into other teams, but instead I'm going to homer-pick someone based on the fact that they're overall very solid; produced while being the only real threat up front for several years and being focused by offenses; and most importantly, they are a current player who I know can play in either a 3-4 or 4-3 base which will matter when I try to nerd up how this thing will work. The Bumpass Meat selects:

ElhLtjvXEAAKjvx.jpg

Ryan Kerrigan (Edge)

This guy was squandered by the Skinbags like Giroux has been squandered by the Flybags. He's very much in decline now, but at his peak was a really good player who had no support and played under some downright bad D coordinators to boot. But he stood out anyway.

@Captain Dave Poulin it you, keep it moving.

Take one look at this to see how often he had to plough through two blockers while nobody else did anything:

He's also built like a comic book artist designed him.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008

D FLEX - Junior Seau

@Beef Invictus

Tied for my favorite athlete ever. I guess I counted wrong. Oops. :laugh:

Also, those 90s jerseys are better than the powder blues and I don’t care how many people wrongly disagree.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad