NFL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread - ISOLATED PHASE! Part One!

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
With our first pick we’re going to select our second safety... Jevon Holland.

jevon-holland-nfl-draft-player-profile-oregon-safety.jpg

We also will fill out our OL with Marshal Yanda at OG.

@Lord Defect you’re up.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
licensed-image

PK - Morten Andersen

@Beef Invictus
I was waiting for him to be picked. In one of the early Madden games, it was impossible to miss a field goal with him, as the the kicker bar moved so slowly that it was impossible to not hit the sweet spot. :laugh:

That was my introduction to field goal kickers; who paid attention to kickers before video games and advanced stats? :laugh:

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Um I think I need Eric Kendrick (LB)

So I was trying to plan ahead. Then I remembered that I had put a strict limit on planning ahead. I have no idea what scheme I'm going to run. What I know is I have Lanier to demolish runs and penetrate the backfield. What I also know is that Kendricks is average against the run and on the pass rush, but he IS very very good at pass coverage. I also know he had a good 2019 and celebrated by having an even better 2020; PFF ranked him 3rd overall for LBs. That is good, the Bumpass Meat wants that.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
  • First player in NFL history to play on five winning SB teams
  • Began career at LB and led SF in sacks in each of first six seasons
  • Moved to DE after career-saving trade to Dallas
  • Twice named NFC Defensive Player of the Year
  • 5 Pro Bowls
  • All-Pro twice
  • Member of 10 division championship teams
  • Recorded double-digit sack totals six times
  • Career total of 100.5 sacks
  • To this day remains the best friend of my QB2, [REDACTED]

r4daai1zanf0izutyidd

EDGE - Charles Haley

@CanadianFlyer88

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Pairing Emlen the Gremlin with a suitable partner in the secondary has been, to my surprise, the most difficult part of this draft for me.

I didn't know about this guy before the draft started, but he is, like Emlen the Gremlin, an Iowa Hawkeye alum. How I found out about him is that he is the only player with more career interceptions than Emlen the Gremlin. Starting in Washington, he spent the majority of his career as a Viking, and ended with 81 career interceptions while having 10 seasons with at least 4.

A 7 time All Pro, he is one of 11 players to have played in all 4 Super Bowls lost by the Vikings.

Welcome to the team, S Paul Krause, a clearly fine looking individual with a perfectly normal neck:

front.jpg

Wake me up before you @JojoTheWhale.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Pairing Emlen the Gremlin with a suitable partner in the secondary has been, to my surprise, the most difficult part of this draft for me.

I didn't know about this guy before the draft started, but he is, like Emlen the Gremlin, an Iowa Hawkeye alum. How I found out about him is that he is the only player with more career interceptions than Emlen the Gremlin. Starting in Washington, he spent the majority of his career as a Viking, and ended with 81 career interceptions while having 10 seasons with at least 4.

A 7 time All Pro, he is one of 11 players to have played in all 4 Super Bowls lost by the Vikings.

Welcome to the team, S Paul Krause, a clearly fine looking individual with a perfectly normal neck:

View attachment 434307

Wake me up before you @JojoTheWhale.

That's a prototype model Eli Manning

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
I was waiting for him to be picked. In one of the early Madden games, it was impossible to miss a field goal with him, as the the kicker bar moved so slowly that it was impossible to not hit the sweet spot. :laugh:

That was my introduction to field goal kickers; who paid attention to kickers before video games and advanced stats? :laugh:
Yup, absolutely remember that. He was automatic in that game. As he should be after playing 25(!) seasons in the NFL. He was on two different All-Decade teams :laugh:. Also one of two exclusive kickers in the Hall of Fame.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I changed my mind here several times, but ultimately what I need from a coach is to call offensive plays. I really don’t think there’s been anyone better at that than Head Coach Andy Reid. Plus we get the added benefit of knowing how well he works with our QB.

76029a2a95934394aa7ee28577ff61f7.jpg

@ajgoal Go time.

I had a very hard time picking between Reid and Gibbs, and I actually thought you would jump on Reid sooner than this.

Reid is the kind of creative maniac to make my bizarre "Mike Vick is there but not QB" plan work. But between Homerism and Gibbs' ability to make his roster always work to their strengths I sided with him and figured he'd work something out too..

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I had a very hard time picking between Reid and Gibbs, and I actually thought you would jump on Reid sooner than this.

Reid is the kind of creative maniac to make my bizarre "Mike Vick is there but not QB" plan work. But between Homerism and Gibbs' ability to make his roster always work to their strengths I sided with him and figured he'd work something out too..

Do you still need a Guard? I just want to know whether being nice still has a point. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->