NFL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread - ISOLATED PHASE! Part One!

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
A legend on defense:

5965aebcf4ce1feb208634e8469a1429.jpg

EDGE: Ed "Too Tall" Jones

Great pick.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
It's time for the incredibly weird reason I had to ask if this was separate from the NHL draft.

In a league with wildly different offenses like this, you need the ability to play uncommonly versatile defensive schemes. You've probably heard of a Tampa 2 or heard something referred to as Tampa-style Cover 2. The reason this defense worked at all was that LB Derrick Brooks was an alien.

71f1ece17eb05d9b01b1add4af65951a.jpg

As passing attacks like the Rams grew in popularity, it became vital to be able to defend deep middle of the field passes with your base defensive personnel. Tampa's solution to this was to run a Cover 2 Base with a twist. If Brooks read that the play was a pass, he took his 235 lbs and dropped into deep middle of the field coverage like he was a Free Safety. You might have seen the Eagles do this from time to time under Jim Schwartz with hilarious results. That's because Linebackers can't play Free Safety. Except Derrick Brooks.

@CanadianFlyer88 Pick your poison.

Last edited:

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
The funniest part of this to me is that I avoided someone else at a different position to be nice specifically to you. And I still screwed you. :laugh:

Let's find out if you avoided the correct player

WITH THE POWERS GRANTED TO ME BY BULLDOZER LAW:

djacl4lyl9e7dnpncgnn

Bruce Smith (EDGE)

He's the all-time sack leader. He never led the league in sacks, but for an obscenely long time he floated up there near the top. He had the wisdom to play for Virginia Tech. He had 200 sacks in 279 games; this was a dude who was going to touch your QB, there was no stopping it; oh, and Buffalo ran a 3-4 and he did this anyway. He also racked up tackles at a high rate.

OK back to work now. I was once drunk at Bruce in Blacksburg while he was chatting up my friend's girlfriend. She had no idea who he was.

@Young Sandwich

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad