NFL GDT: NFL GDT: Super Bowl LIII: (NFC) Los Angeles Rams vs (AFC) New England Patriots - Part 2

pockets

Thank you, Bill!
Aug 12, 2003
Green Mountain
Lol. The Patriots got better without him. The offense became much more fluid when they didnt have to force feed the ball to Gordon to keep him interested and involved. I would bet anything he never plays again in the NFL. I want him no where near this team anyway.

But keep fighting that good fight. This is straight up hilarity and keeping me entertained. You keep twisting yourself into pretezls trying to explain everything away as cheating that you dont know up from down and keep having to reverse your logic and contradict yourself.
The hate is strong with this one. Just another hater going on the ignore list...you know what they say, no matter how right you are you'll never win an argument with an idiot.

Reactions: DangleCity

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
I guess there's people who recognize and appreciate greatness and those who fight it at every turn.

Tom Brady was suspended 4 games for pretty much, nothing, but the league let's them off all the time?

I'm a Packers fan and could give two ****s less about the Patriots and their legacy, but the level of self deception to try to delegitimize what they've done is ludicrous.

They've been absolutely dominant for over a decade. Only two people have remained the same. The game, the personnel, have all changed drastically in that span.

They've been to 9 superbowls and won 6. There's no level of possible cheating in a sport with this many variables that is possible to assert that level of dominance through cheating.
Well said. Even if you want to say they where 100% guilty of everything they have been accussed of (which is highly debatable, plus they've won multiple SBs post "cheating" incidents) it doesnt account for this unprecedented level of success

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Lol. The Patriots got better without him. The offense became much more fluid when they didnt have to force feed the ball to Gordon to keep him interested and involved. I would bet anything he never plays again in the NFL. I want him no where near this team anyway.

But keep fighting that good fight. This is straight up hilarity and keeping me entertained. You keep twisting yourself into pretezls trying to explain everything away as cheating that you dont know up from down and keep having to reverse your logic and contradict yourself.

Your team was 1-2 to start the season. You got better once you got Pedelman back. Horrible on the road but that's a whole other issue. Your squad has a godly record at home because they bug the play calling/opposing team locker rooms. Player that left the Patriots told Peyton Manning this and him and Dungy would talk strategy at halftime in the hall wall. Your team is a disgrace.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Your team was 1-2 to start the season. You got better once you got Pedelman back. Horrible on the road but that's a whole other issue. Your squad has a godly record at home because they bug the play calling/opposing team locker rooms. Player that left the Patriots told Peyton Manning this and him and Dungy would talk strategy at halftime in the hall wall. Your team is a disgrace.

A team gets better when one of their best player comes back.. and also throughout the season as they find their identity, scheme and gel as a unit? Unprecedented.

And these Peyton Manning anecdotes are great, so, back when Dungy was the coach, they would do this because the rooms were bugged. No one ever told the NFL. They never investigated it. No other team did the same. No one replicated the same tactic in their home buildings. And it's just gone unchecked for this many years.

Gotta say, this is damning to me. I mean with what Gooddell went through to suspend Brady for four games. It would have been a lot easier to just.. verify these claims and issues that have been prevalent for years now.

I'm dizzy for the amount of eyerolling your post evoked.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
The Patriots always have slow starts because they take the first 4 games as an extension of the pre season. Edelman served his 4 games like plenty of players have and moved on. Take your gripe up with the league if you think there should be harsher penalties. You should also want the league to make test results public before we start assuming he was sticking a needle in his butt.

The fact that Peyton and Dungy where so paranoid because they couldnt win at Foxboro and the only conclusion for being unable to win was that there lockerroom was bugged is no evidence the Patriots are cheating.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
The Patriots always have slow starts because they take the first 4 games as an extension of the pre season. Edelman served his 4 games like plenty of players have and moved on. Take your gripe up with the league if you think there should be harsher penalties. You should also want the league to make test results public before we start assuming he was sticking a needle in his butt.

The fact that Peyton and Dungy where so paranoid because they couldnt win at Foxboro and the only conclusion for being unable to win was that there lockerroom was bugged is no evidence the Patriots are cheating.

I guess you ignored the fact when a former player told them they do it.

Harry22

Mar 28, 2005
Montreal

Yet it ends the way you hate it:

Salt is bad for your heart buddy.

usp-nfl_-super-bowl-liii-new-england-patriots-vs-l-3-2.jpg

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
You seen what they have done to Mangini and the Ravens/Colts for snitching on the golden girl liking his balls deflated?

And Aaron Rodgers admitted he likes his balls inflated above the legal limit and he didn't get investigated or suspended.

Packers have won so many superbowls with Cheating Aaron Rodgers.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
And Aaron Rodgers admitted he likes his balls inflated above the legal limit and he didn't get investigated or suspended.

Packers have won so many superbowls with Cheating Aaron Rodgers.

They've won one with him. That's a lot different than winning 6 and delegitmizing a 100 year league.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
I guess Whitworth's "get over it" act doesn't extend to his own Twitter account. What a pansy. Go cry some more

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
You seen what they have done to Mangini and the Ravens/Colts for snitching on the golden girl liking his balls deflated?
What have they done besides continuing to win SBs with reguarly inflated footballs Please enlighten me.

Also this happened allegedly before spygate and deflategate so again your faulty logic is showing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Voight

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
I guess Whitworth's "get over it" act doesn't extend to his own Twitter account. What a pansy. Go cry some more

I've never seen the Rams o-line get caved in so quickly. Patriots d-line looked like they had AD and Suh. Imagine waiting your whole life for this moment and being told by the league you have to lay down. This reminds me of the 49ers being told to throw the game against the Ravens then they all start randomly retiring in their prime.

Harry22

Mar 28, 2005
Montreal
but there wasn't specific memo sent to NFL teams not to do it just before the season, no?

though i do believe there was some politics involed due to pats success. jets wouldn't have been punished as hard if they did the same.

On November 12, 2006 -- two months after the NFL sent its initial 2006 memo forbidding videotaping from the sidelines, endzones and "other locations accessible to club staff members during the game" and one year before the New England Patriots infamous Spygate "scandal"-- the Jets were caught filming the Patriots plays and defensive signals from both endzones of Gillette Stadium. The Patriots had the New York Jets employee removed from the area, according to published reports.

It was after the memo was sent.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
On November 12, 2006 -- two months after the NFL sent its initial 2006 memo forbidding videotaping from the sidelines, endzones and "other locations accessible to club staff members during the game" and one year before the New England Patriots infamous Spygate "scandal"-- the Jets were caught filming the Patriots plays and defensive signals from both endzones of Gillette Stadium. The Patriots had the New York Jets employee removed from the area, according to published reports.

It was after the memo was sent.

on that link mangini says they weren't filming defensive signals. though he might be just BSing. and pats didn't hand out the tape to NFL and in the investigation on that NFL would've found out the same they did year later for the pats.

Harry22

Mar 28, 2005
Montreal
on that link mangini says they weren't filming defensive signals. though he might be just BSing. and pats didn't hand out the tape to NFL and in the investigation on that NFL would've found out the same they did year later for the pats.

Bottom line is the Pats had just won 3 of 5 Super Bowls and were undefeated at the time. Goodell wanted to make an example out of them.

Reactions: Voight

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad