NFL GDT: NFL GDT: Super Bowl LIII: (NFC) Los Angeles Rams vs (AFC) New England Patriots - Part 2

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
I've never seen the Rams o-line get caved in so quickly. Patriots d-line looked like they had AD and Suh. Imagine waiting your whole life for this moment and being told by the league you have to lay down. This reminds me of the 49ers being told to throw the game against the Ravens then they all start randomly retiring in their prime.

:biglaugh:

Games aren't rigged, and Whitworth deserves whatever he gets after his ugly hypocritical rants toward Saints fans all week for their very legitimate beef over the call, which was entirely directed toward the officiating and not the Rams at all. Silver spoon West Monroe frat guy meathead gets no sympathy from me. Where's his bootstraps now, he's not even mentally tough enough to leave his Twitter on and take the beating he's earned. He needs to retire before his diminishing ability makes him a total laughingstock instead of just a partial one.

Last edited:

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
The Patriots were able to survive without Josh Gordon because Belichick has his system down to a fault where basically they can plug and play guys almost comically (Edelman becomes Amendola becomes Wes Welker becomes Deion Branch becomes David Givens) and morph from style to style.

They stopped going for the downs and distance after PIT. With Gordon, they had a stretch where they mostly threw a lot and had mostly more throwing yards than passing yards save for the Jets/Vikings games.

After that, they basically knew their limitations and went MartyBall- run, run, run, and run some more. Control clock. Play clockball. Don't allow your defensive limitations to be around too long.

Sony Michel was great statistically in the playoffs, but..... could Rex Burkhead could have put up those same numbers?

As for the Pats DL..... they had the 2nd fewest sacks all year, but their hurries/pressure were high all year and the dam finally broke.

With that said.... do they pay Flowers or do they let him walk? (Considering damn near every Pats player BB lets walk never comes back to haunt them.... OTOH, his presence might allow them to extend this run ever more)

Last edited:

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
I've never seen the Rams o-line get caved in so quickly. Patriots d-line looked like they had AD and Suh. Imagine waiting your whole life for this moment and being told by the league you have to lay down. This reminds me of the 49ers being told to throw the game against the Ravens then they all start randomly retiring in their prime.

So the the Rams threw the game. But the Patriots are the cheaters.

Waiting for you to tell me next that aliens are involved

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
The Patriots were able to survive without Josh Gordon because Belichick has his system down to a fault where basically they can plug and play and morph from style to style.

They stopped going for the downs and distance after PIT. They basically went MartyBall- run, run, run, and run some more. Control clock.

Sony Michel was great statistically in the playoffs, but Rex Burkhead could have put up those same numbers.

Eh on the burkhead part. He would have been fine but I don’t find him to be as explosive and I think his vision is bad, especially relative to Sony. As a whole I agree though. Tom is the only player that could go down that would eliminate their chances

Reactions: Voight

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Eh on the burkhead part. He would have been fine but I don’t find him to be as explosive and I think his vision is bad, especially relative to Sony.

Michel's longest run in the AFC-CG at KC was 11 yards, so it's not like he was explosive when they controlled the clock at Arrowhead. He broke some bigger runs in the Charger game.

Interestingly, he actually wasn't used in the OT drive- that was Rex once they got into the redzone.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg

The Rams o-line supposedly caved because Goff had multiple instances where he held on to the ball for a ****ing eternity. That one sack he ate where he ran back like 15 yards, fell to a knee and refused to throw it away is a great example.

There's no "rigging," that's just Goff being a ****ing moron.

This is just sad at this point. And i hate the Pats.

The Ravens/Niners ones isn't even worthy of a response.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
What happened in BAL/SF was essentially BAL took their foot off the gas ala ATL/NE but had enough in the tank to make that final defensive stand.

In this decade, 20+ leads are no longer lock stock

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Bottom line is the Pats had just won 3 of 5 Super Bowls and were undefeated at the time. Goodell wanted to make an example out of them.

Just like with Deflategate... they had won the year prior to the suspension and he wanted to make an example out of Brady (who they never said was guilty) except it ended in a 34-28 OT victory in the Super Bowl.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
So ahh are the Rams going to get fined or disciplined for not listing Gurley on the injury report all playoffs?

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
What happened in BAL/SF was essentially BAL took their foot off the gas ala ATL/NE but had enough in the tank to make that final defensive stand.

In this decade, 20+ leads are no longer lock stock

So why did players start randomly retiring in their prime?

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
I guess Whitworth's "get over it" act doesn't extend to his own Twitter account. What a pansy. Go cry some more

What a stupid post. He didn't whine and cry like the Saints and their players, he deactivated his account. Saints take after their coach (no personal responsibility), I've yet to see any Rams players whine and cry because they take after their coach. Simple as that. It's the difference between a good culture and a bad one.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
I think you’re on to something. It’s probably a conspiracy!

Where's there's smoke there's fire. Like I know when the Patriots are winning there's some cheating going on. One of the least impressive Patriots teams to date wins a Championship in the leagues best year of parity in years. Not allowed to get past 6 though.. Now when they fall off they will blame it on Brady being old.

CamMac

Jan 3, 2015
Where's there's smoke there's fire. Like I know when the Patriots are winning there's some cheating going on. One of the least impressive Patriots teams to date wins a Championship in the leagues best year of parity in years. Not allowed to get past 6 though.. Now when they fall off they will blame it on Brady being old.
I would be this mad online if I was a Steelers fan too, the Patriots have absolutely owned them for about 20 years now. Not only that but what was once a great franchise has an idiot for a head coach, a rapist for a QB, and a self absorbed superstar WR that doesn’t want to play for your team anymore.

I feel for you George...

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
What a stupid post. He didn't whine and cry like the Saints and their players, he deactivated his account. Saints take after their coach (no personal responsibility), I've yet to see any Rams players whine and cry because they take after their coach. Simple as that. It's the difference between a good culture and a bad one.

LOL. Yes he did whine and cry. Your tough guy is nothing but a hypocrite and a loser. Not surprised to see that you like him though. He fits into LA culture perfectly. Tell me more about your team's great character. LOL

Andrew Whitworth whines about officiating

He's a loser. Two weeks after the game, even after the next game, the only thing he could think of is Saints fans and how to sling insults at them when nobody ever said one bad word about the Rams. Maybe that's why your team was so ill-prepared for the Super Bowl? I've never seen a team be so inside another team's head after losing a game to them.

It's really pretty hilarious. Speaking of "bad culture" maybe the Rams should take "personal responsibility" for being so focused on talking **** on Twitter and being so unfocused on the game at hand.

But by all means, tell me more about the bad calls against the Rams and how the Patriots cheated. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

PS - Saints would've scored more than 3 points

Last edited:

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Imagine getting the the Super Bowl, the peak of your professional career, your one big shining moment, and still the only thing you can focus on is the fans of the team that you beat two weeks ago.

No wonder they lost so bad, LOL

Last edited:
Reactions: Pestilence

I Like Foolish Posts

Apr 25, 2012
Got it. When they win, it's a conspiracy. When they don't win... it's a conspiracy. :dunce:

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Imagine getting the the Super Bowl, the peak of your professional career, your one big shining moment, and still the only thing you can focus on is the fans of the team that you beat two weeks ago.

No wonder they lost so bad, LOL

It has nothing to do with the Saints. Did you see how him and the o-line oddly played? Did you hear his comments after the game? It's like a kid finding out Santa isn't real.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad