NFL GDT: NFL GDT: Super Bowl LIII: (NFC) Los Angeles Rams vs (AFC) New England Patriots - Part 2

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
I know right? Why would there be no evidence, yet you're so adamant its rigged?

I'm laughing because you obviously didn't even try to research it.

Probably because you either don't really want to know the truth, you can't handle the truth, or you're satisfied with the illusion that the NFL would never do such a thing.

Anyone who takes the time to really research the NFL with an open mind will eventually conclude that over the years there have been several games that were either rigged/fixed or scripted for $$$.

...it's all about the $$$

The bolded is very important

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
I'm laughing because you obviously didn't even try to research it.

Probably because you either don't really want to know the truth, you can't handle the truth, or you're satisfied with the illusion that the NFL would never do such a thing.

Anyone who takes the time to really research the NFL with an open mind will eventually conclude that over the years there have been several games that were either rigged/fixed or scripted for $$$.

...it's all about the $$$

The bolded is very important
Im just finding it odd that you cant really back up anything you are saything.

I can say the same thing "anyone who wants to take the time to research flat earth with an open mind can see realize the earth is flat."

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Im just finding it odd that you cant really back up anything you are saything.

I can say the same thing "anyone who wants to take the time to research flat earth with an open mind can see realize the earth is flat."

No matter what I could show or tell people like you it wouldn't make a ****ing difference anyway because your mind is already made up and you will look to find any way to refute any claim that doesn't fit the narrative you are seeking.

So, you would never change your opinion of the NFL you perceive to be above rigging games for profit if the evidence slapped you in the face.

...I'll leave you with a quote from a friend from a couple of years ago. You can refute his claims if you want to.

"The NFL is privately owned and operated. They can legally fix or rig any game they want to to create consumer interest, create "match-ups" that will generate more revenue than others, and to peak ratings for network profits.

By using their own employees (players, coaches, refs, etc), they can legally create a "suspenseful" game with a "controversial" outcome, just like Hollywood movie companies do! That's why there's anti-trust exemptions in every single personnel contract, to prevent legal backlash. The players are there to play their respected position.

But at any time, the league can create drama or interfere with any operation to achieve a desired result.

Argue about it all you want, deny it all you want, scream for "proof" all you want....but it's the reality of the NFL being ENTERTAINMENT, and keeping you "rooting for your team".

The proof is you watching, the proof is you buying, the proof is you arguing over frivolous stats, rings, playoff appearances, trophies, cheaters, PED's, and all that other B.S. that doesn't mean a damn thing in real life.

On any given Sunday there are millions of dollars being bet on NFL games in Atlantic City and Vegas, so why would anyone be surprised if certain games were manipulated by the employees to increase TV ratings and maximize profits shared by all 32 teams.

There's absolutely nothing me, you, or anyone else can do about it except turn it off, or stop buying/watching/consuming the NFL product.....It's 100% completely legal
At the end of the day, the only real stat that matters is the NFL walking away with BILLIONS of your dollars in their pockets."

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
No matter what I could show or tell people like you it wouldn't make a ****ing difference anyway because your mind is already made up and you will look to find any way to refute any claim that doesn't fit the narrative you are seeking.

So, you would never change your opinion of the NFL you perceive to be above rigging games for profit if the evidence slapped you in the face.

...I'll leave you with a quote from a friend from a couple of years ago. You can refute his claims if you want to.

"The NFL is privately owned and operated. They can legally fix or rig any game they want to to create consumer interest, create "match-ups" that will generate more revenue than others, and to peak ratings for network profits.

By using their own employees (players, coaches, refs, etc), they can legally create a "suspenseful" game with a "controversial" outcome, just like Hollywood movie companies do! That's why there's anti-trust exemptions in every single personnel contract, to prevent legal backlash. The players are there to play their respected position.

But at any time, the league can create drama or interfere with any operation to achieve a desired result.

Argue about it all you want, deny it all you want, scream for "proof" all you want....but it's the reality of the NFL being ENTERTAINMENT, and keeping you "rooting for your team".

The proof is you watching, the proof is you buying, the proof is you arguing over frivolous stats, rings, playoff appearances, trophies, cheaters, PED's, and all that other B.S. that doesn't mean a damn thing in real life.

On any given Sunday there are millions of dollars being bet on NFL games in Atlantic City and Vegas, so why would anyone be surprised if certain games were manipulated by the employees to increase TV ratings and maximize profits shared by all 32 teams.

There's absolutely nothing me, you, or anyone else can do about it except turn it off, or stop buying/watching/consuming the NFL product.....It's 100% completely legal
At the end of the day, the only real stat that matters is the NFL walking away with BILLIONS of your dollars in their pockets."

So I guess then all pro sports are rigged? Though youd have a much better argument if you were talking about the NBA where there was actual evidence and FBI investigations that a ref qas trying to affect the game

But youre right. Youre not going to change my mind. But at least you can prove my point about how out to lunch you are on this topic. Thanks for the chuckles.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
So I guess then all pro sports are rigged? Though youd have a much better argument if you were talking about the NBA where there was actual evidence and FBI investigations that a ref qas trying to affect the game

But youre right. Youre not going to change my mind. But at least you can prove my point about how out to lunch you are on this topic. Thanks for the chuckles.

You're welcome...

...and one day you may awaken from your slumber and come to the realization that I wasn't out to lunch

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
The NFL is NOT rigged.

What happened on Sunday was simply an imperfect storm- the championship that was not desired (Pats fatigue, opponent with a lukewarm fanbase, meh game).

Kinda like the NFL equivalent of the Ottawa/Anaheim 2007 Cup Final

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
The dude believed an obvious fake tweet of Jalen Ramsey. The critical thinking skills are none. Just complete confirmation bias of his insanity.

Reactions: CDJ

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
The NFL is NOT rigged.

What happened on Sunday was simply an imperfect storm- the championship that was not desired (Pats fatigue, opponent with a lukewarm fanbase, meh game).

Kinda like the NFL equivalent of the Ottawa/Anaheim 2007 Cup Final

It's rigged and Brady sold his soul for 6.

Reactions: bobbyorr04

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
If there's people who think Roger Goodell wants Kraft and Brady to run up more Super Bowls, I don't know what you've been watching the last 5 years.

Is there Brady/Patriots fatigue? Yes. The ratings of this game proved that.

Are people bitter of that? Yes. I don't because I'm not going to watch 5 months of football and check out for the Super Bowl, although most years by the time we get to the Super Bowl, I'm ready to be done with it.

Do Patriots fans seem to be insufferable about it? Yes. Not because their team is great, but because they're by and large the most insufferable in the league. The second the Patriots show any kind of weakness or inconsistent play they're ready to give up and claim they're done long before anyone else starts to think that it may be a time that they finally not pull through and then when they ultimately do, those Patriots fans who checked out come back and rub it in their face and say everyone else is bitter about something they're more mad about than they were.

Last edited:

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
If there's people who think Roger Goodell wants Kraft and Brady to run up more Super Bowls, I don't know what you've been watching the last 5 years.

If you really think a little controversy over deflated balls ruined their friendship then I don't know what to tell you. It's on record Kraft helped Roger get the job and they are best friends. If that never happened would you believe it was rigged? See what a little deception does. They had to create a little controversy to throw people off.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
If you really think a little controversy over deflated balls ruined their friendship then I don't know what to tell you. It's on record Kraft helped Roger get the job and they are best friends. If that never happened would you believe it was rigged? See what a little deception does. They had to create a little controversy to throw people off.

I think you need to go ahead and take the L on this one. Goodell is trying to ignore bogus non-call on the Saints for the same reason. They embarassed him and he isn't going to have their back.

Reactions: CDJ

Barnum

Aug 28, 2014
‘Murica Ex-Pat - UK
...or have finally seen the light

giphy.gif

Reactions: Bocephus86

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Everybody just glossing over witchcraft I see.. Just like you gloss over spygate.. deflategate.. their godly record at home and bugging rooms.. McDaniels constant cheating.. Paying people under the table.. PEDs..

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
The Patriots and Kyle Shanahan directly contributed to one of the saddest nights of my life, so f*** both of them.

But I promise they do not cheat any more than anyone else. They just have one of the best coaches in history.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
I’m interested in your thoughts on vaccines

Depends on which vaccines you're talking about and what adjuvants are used

I'd be very careful with vaccine adjuvants containing metals and chemicals like aluminum, ethyl mercury, formaldehyde and Monosodium glutamate (MSG) which can be quite dangerous for the body (especially for children).

Including adjuvants, vaccines have many other agents like viruses and contaminants that can cause considerable injury to humans. These injuries can be anything from a swollen brain, a permanent brain injury, blood disorders, seizures and convulsions.

So be careful and educate yourself about any possible side effects of the vaccine you are considering

Now, what are your thoughts on global warming?

Reactions: SouthGeorge

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
How is the Patriots "cheating" like deflating footballs the same thing as the league fixing games with refs?

I would agree that Deflategate was minor cheating and wouldn't acheive the same results as Spygate or rigging by the refs, but they are all "cheating" which means not playing by the rules to gain an advantage over the opponent.

Cheating and rigging should both be severely punished if caught

Rigging a game to me is worse and is the hardest one to prove because the refs can always use the famous phrase..."human error", and the clown running the NFL will never admit to rigging because the league would tumble down like a house of cards if the fans ever found out.

Reactions: SouthGeorge

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->