OT: NFL 2019

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
That is a really tough question. So many contenders this year. So many quality QB's having really good seasons. I'll say Rams,but again, really tough.
Going to be some really fun playoffs this year, I think.
Completely agreed. Crazy to think Seahawks, Rams and Cards can all get in. That division is so tough.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
I’d say it depends which team makes it out of the NFC East.

Giants - I’ll say Bucs, because I don’t think they’ll handle a mobile QB well AND there’s something about the Giants vs Brady in the playoffs.

Cowboys - I’ll say the Packers. I’m a Pack fan, but their run D has had some holes. It could be a shootout and I think the Cowboys have the playmakers to stick with them.

Washington - I’ll say the Cardinals. I think Washington’s front four are athletic enough to minimize Murray’s scrambling and force some inexperienced mistakes.

Eagles - I’ll say the Bucs for the same reason as the Giants.
Valid point. Tampa is the same as Arizona in my opinion. By that I mean, I just don’t know if they are pretenders or contenders. One week they look insanely good, like they did against the Pack. The next week they completely crap the bed like against the Saints twice. They still have Brady and a decent defence, so they will be tough for any team but I don’t have Tampa as a SB Contender.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Valid point. Tampa is the same as Arizona in my opinion. By that I mean, I just don’t know if they are pretenders or contenders. One week they look insanely good, like they did against the Pack. The next week they completely crap the bed like against the Saints twice. They still have Brady and a decent defence, so they will be tough for any team but I don’t have Tampa as a SB Contender.
Tom Brady is always a SB contender.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Thank God we have NFL and college football to tide us over till hockey arrives again.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
I don’t disagree with that, but Tampa hasn’t done anything to make me think they can beat the Saints

granted the Saints (outside of their Super Bowl year) do have a tendency to lose in the playoffs.
Lots of new players. If they are in complete sync by the playoffs I bet they can beat anyone.

HOWEVER... I hope not because Tom Brady winning is getting pretty old.

Reactions: tardigrade81

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008

Gotta be the most incompetent organization in pro sports history.

The weird thing is it certainly seems the owner was clear that their jobs depended on making the playoffs..... which makes their shuffle in the secondary make no sense. You take Okudah 3rd overall - which is perfectly fine, but then you sign Trufant and trade Slay. Why not just keep the better CB in Slay? Because you could get a 3rd and a 5th? Dumb. It’s just one of many questionable roster decisions.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006

That Broncos/Saints game has to be the lowest total passing yards in a game ever.

The starting QBs combined for 10-25, 91 yards, 0 TD and 3 INTs. :laugh:

I ran with Hill at Fantasy QB today, and got lucky due to his two TD's. Don't think I'll press my luck next week. ;)

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC

Gotta be the most incompetent organization in pro sports history.

One playoff win in 63 years so you are correct sir.

Those two morons should have been canned after last season. Hell, they should have been canned after Patricia's first game when the Jets and future Bust of Famer Darnold carved them up on Monday Night Football.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
The weird thing is it certainly seems the owner was clear that their jobs depended on making the playoffs..... which makes their shuffle in the secondary make no sense. You take Okudah 3rd overall - which is perfectly fine, but then you sign Trufant and trade Slay. Why not just keep the better CB in Slay? Because you could get a 3rd and a 5th? Dumb. It’s just one of many questionable roster decisions.

Slay hated Patricia like so many other players and wanted out.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
At least COVID will provide us with a Tuesday night game to fill that evenings sports void.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Saw that new female ref again yesterday in the KC/Tampa game. Not too shabby.

sarah-thomas-1486400644.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad