OT: NFL 2019

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Reminds me of the time about 10 years that my Dad got Oilers tickets from his workplace and asked me to take a family member to the game (the 2-1 shootout win over Nashville where Omark scored on his YouTube move). We lucked into great seats at the Coliseum - 114 in the Oilers' end, camera-side, about 20 or so rows up from the ice.

I had my reservations about taking this family member to the game since I knew that they really weren't into hockey; they rarely watched hockey at home and only went to live games to "enjoy the atmosphere" in their words. But, these were not my tickets to distribute, so I complied and took this person along anyway.

Imagine my feelings when Jim Vandermeer scored his second goal of the season - the crowd cheered, the horn went off - and this family member looked up and asked out loud, "Oh, did we score?" They missed the goal because they were reading an Amish romance novel...a ROMANCE NOVEL...while sitting in lower bowl seats.

I never took that individual to an Oilers game again. :help: :laugh:
I remember seeing a clip from a MLB game, and they showed a gaggle of teenage girls all up in the stands yakking on their cell phones, taking duck-face selfies, etc, until one of them got bopped right in the noggin by a foul ball. She seemed shocked that anyone even DARE to drill a foul ball up there.:D

Reactions: joestevens29

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3