OT: NFL 2019

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Gotta love both Joe Buck and Troy Aikmen referring to the game they called as “Thursday Night Slop.”

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

Sounds like there is quite the investigation going into the Titans as well. Trying to figure out if they were following protocols and if a coach disclosed being around people with Covid in a timely manner.

At what point does the NFL make them dress a practice squad to play the game? If it's deemed they broke rules does the NFL just tell them oh well? You couldn't follow policy now you have to deal with the consequences?

Just read the below that's somewhat good news.

The Titans' outbreak reached 20 cases Sunday with the team's sixth straight day of at least one positive with 18 returned since Tuesday. But Tennessee had no positives back Monday morning. The person spoke to the AP on condition of anonymity Monday because neither the NFL nor the Titans announced the latest results.
Tennessee will need continued negative results to host Buffalo (4-0) on Sunday, and Wednesday is the earliest the Titans can get back inside their facility as long as the franchise has back-to-back days of negative test results.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
So just gonna put this here but what an absolute gongshow joke the way the NFL is handling the pandemic. Clearly they have failed, their plan failled, follow through failed. There was a lot of criticism of the NHL playoffs but they played all the games, avoided any infections, and not one player was knocked out of the SC tournament due to covid 19. Not one.

The NFL is looking at 20 players and counting missing on one club, and they still picture carrying through with any of that teams games during the 14 day recommended isolation? Really is there any standard at all in the NFL? Is there a number where its past the point of no return. NFL teams playing a game with mostly replacement players? I mean what is the plan? I don't follow it too closely and announcements are vague and tight lipped. But what a bonfire failure the NFL is through this. Just stop, shut it down, the league is not helping itself right now. Its not right to expect advertisers, stations, fans to support a view of NFL games played with half the players missing, with star players missing.

At what point do they pull the plug and admit failure?

Also am I missing something? A report back at 7am that the Titans have no reported cases back Monday. Um, thats today... I would think it too early to be saying that no positive results are back today.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
So just gonna put this here but what an absolute gongshow joke the way the NFL is handling the pandemic. Clearly they have failed, their plan failled, follow through failed. There was a lot of criticism of the NHL playoffs but they played all the games, avoided any infections, and not one player was knocked out of the SC tournament due to covid 19. Not one.

The NFL is looking at 20 players and counting missing on one club, and they still picture carrying through with any of that teams games during the 14 day recommended isolation? Really is there any standard at all in the NFL? Is there a number where its past the point of no return. NFL teams playing a game with mostly replacement players? I mean what is the plan? I don't follow it too closely and announcements are vague and tight lipped. But what a bonfire failure the NFL is through this. Just stop, shut it down, the league is not helping itself right now. Its not right to expect advertisers, stations, fans to support a view of NFL games played with half the players missing, with star players missing.

Also am I missing something? A report back at 7am that the Titans have no reported cases back Monday. Um, thats today... I would think it too early to be saying that no positive results are back today.
They've been getting results every morning at the same time for the day before. Also I think the number of players is 12 or something. They are counting coaches and such in the 20.

I also don't know that it's a complete failure at this point. Baseball had similar issues with multiple teams and found a way to get better.

Better this is happening now so the NFL and NFLPA can make adjustments.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
They've been getting results every morning at the same time for the day before. Also I think the number of players is 12 or something. They are counting coaches and such in the 20.

I also don't know that it's a complete failure at this point. Baseball had similar issues with multiple teams and found a way to get better.

Better this is happening now so the NFL and NFLPA can make adjustments.

Thanks. tbh just not sure their protocol, or application with it, is working. Looks like a lot of fines, a lot of flouting of recommendations, and a lot of infections. What we know of with outbreaks like this is they get worse before they get better. Once you have these kinds of numbers its pretty difficult to put out a fire, or infect others or other teams. All these players are going home, not in a bubble, and not really isolating is my understanding. What stops each player from then having their families infected and passing the virus around?

Not sure how this can work with no bubble. I haven't seen one release on how their plan is even expected to work. 20 individuals on one club is a major outbreak. The only thing thats going to stop that is isolation for weeks, for everybody connected to the team that could have been exposed. Not two days of no positives. Who came up with that protocol? Its based on nothing.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Thanks. tbh just not sure their protocol, or application with it, is working. Looks like a lot of fines, a lot of flouting of recommendations, and a lot of infections. What we know of with outbreaks like this is they get worse before they get better. Once you have these kinds of numbers its pretty difficult to put out a fire, or infect others or other teams. All these players are going home, not in a bubble, and not really isolating is my understanding. What stops each player from then having their families infected and passing the virus around?

Not sure how this can work with no bubble. I haven't seen one release on how their plan is even expected to work. 20 individuals on one club is a major outbreak. The only thing thats going to stop that is isolation for weeks, for everybody connected to the team that could have been exposed. Not two days of no positives. Who came up with that protocol? Its based on nothing.
Baseball made it work so NFL should be able to make it work too.

With social media what it is nowadays it wouldn't be hard to keep track of players breaking protocol.

As for passing the virus around to family I really don't see how it's any different than guys that have real jobs. Only difference is at least a sports athlete has the money that they could isolate in a hotel or send their family to their other residence

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007

MLB started off the same way. Miami and St. Louis were the two teams hardest hit in the early going. The league and their PA corrected it early on and it's been fairly smooth sailing since with no bubble.

Mind you baseball doesn't have nearly the up-close, personal contact football has so it'll be interesting to see how bad it gets throughout their league.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Wish the Cowboys would pick up the virus. Would save them continuing to lose.

Amazing that Philly won for the first time last night, and claimed 1st place because of it. 6-10 might win the division. Disgusting.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006

Good for him and his family. After what he went thru, actually shocked to see him back. Much respect.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Dak out for the season. Team now becomes the Dallas Bengals with Andy Dalton at the controls. Won't really matter who's behind centre, when you have a defence that can't stop anyone.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I think he's crazy. This almost killed him. Take the money you made, your health, and move on.
I've said this for a long time, but some of these guys just don't care. Not sure why the family isn't stopping him.

Then in 3-5 years from now there will be a sob story about how football took away this guys post-career life

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Entertaining game between the Titans and Texans. Houston’s strange call to go for the two point conversion cost them the game.

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
Packers looking like they're coached by Jason Maas. Went up 10-0 in the first, and a complete tire-fire ever since.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad