OT: NFL 2019

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
2020 not being nice to Von Miller. First Covid, now a potential season ending foot injury.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
  • Brady looks human
  • Good for Arizona
  • Seattle looked good
  • Lol at the Eagles
  • Jacksonville has now won one more game than most thought they would.
  • Lions find a way to lose to my hapless Bears.
  • Browns still suck (Ravens are really good though)
  • Rodgers shreds vaunted Viking D.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
  • Brady looks human
  • Good for Arizona
  • Seattle looked good
  • Lol at the Eagles
One week without pre-season not sure I'm taking anything away from this week

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
People love ripping the CFL for its officiating but it was downright terrible in last night's Cowboys-Rams game.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
People love ripping the CFL for its officiating but it was downright terrible in last night's Cowboys-Rams game.
I find people rip officiating in every league.

I will say this though when the NFL officials were on strike and then returned, the officiating was a lot better. So I know that it could be worse.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
ya, the refs cost my 'Boys there at the end...huge sell-job by the Rams DB on that "pass interference"

Yes it used to be that the one handed push off was considered fair but two handed push offs were not.

In keeping with political correctness, the one handed push has been cancelled and if you say anything then......

Flag football coming soon.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
  • Brady looks human
  • Good for Arizona
  • Seattle looked good
  • Lol at the Eagles

Brady has looked human for a couple of years now although that could have partly been due to depleted talent around him and your hapless Bears have nothing on my hapless Lions who have been blowing games like they did yesterday for 60+ years now.

BTW, the Lions have one playoff win (ONE!!!) in those 62+ years since they won the NFL Championship in 1957 (1991 over the Cowboys) so for those of you who are depressed about being an Oilers fan, it could be worse A LOT worse. One playoff win in 62+ years, I just needed to repeat that for posterity. Luckily I've only been a fan for about 30 of those years which is bad enough as is but for those Lions fans who are twice my age, Yikes.

Reactions: Faelko

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Not a good day to be a top one of the top 3 RB's in the league, but just got out ran by a 38 year old QB that didn't really play last year.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Love my 'Boys, but I think they're headed for a 7-9 year. Just not enough talent, and too many selfish idiots on the team. And it all starts with their loser owner.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Carroll: See, I was right calling for a passing play on the goal line when you're down but driving for the win!

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Tennessee Titans announce 'several' COVID-19 cases - TSN.ca

Tom Pelissero of the NFL Network was first to report that Tennessee is dealing with eight cases, three among players and five among staff members. The NFL later confirmed these figures in a statement. Both them and the Minnesota Vikings, who played the Titans over the weekend, will suspend in-person activities beginning on Tuesday.

And it beings in the NFL. Be interesting to see what happens. Really going to f*** me in fantasy if they suspended the Titans and Vikings this week.

Reactions: bellagiobob

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Tennessee Titans announce 'several' COVID-19 cases - TSN.ca

Tom Pelissero of the NFL Network was first to report that Tennessee is dealing with eight cases, three among players and five among staff members. The NFL later confirmed these figures in a statement. Both them and the Minnesota Vikings, who played the Titans over the weekend, will suspend in-person activities beginning on Tuesday.

And it beings in the NFL. Be interesting to see what happens. Really going to f*** me in fantasy if they suspended the Titans and Vikings this week.

Yup. If that happens, need all players on both teams to be shown as IR so we can replace them. And have increased IR spots.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
And somehow my hapless Bears come from behind again and win.

Fun stat, since 1940 the Bears are 3-144 when trailing by 16+ points in the 4th-Q. 2 of those 3 wins are this year...

Reactions: bellagiobob

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Yup. If that happens, need all players on both teams to be shown as IR so we can replace them. And have increased IR spots.
The increased IR spots I was thinking about. It might be up to the commish of the league to be honest. Anyway it looks like they are going to try play. However, like everything else with Covid that could change in a few hours if all of a sudden 3 players becomes a lot more.

Pittsburgh Steelers-Tennessee Titans Week 4 game set to be played as scheduled

The league is evaluating the situation and will adjust if needed as more information is gathered, per NFL Network's Tom Pelissero. Titans coaches have told players if they have to go without any in-person work until Saturday, they'll have a walkthrough then and host the Steelers at 1 p.m. ET on Sunday as scheduled, NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reported.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
So Dave Naylor had that interesting article after week 1 that pre-season isn't needed. I still do not agree with it.

Pre-season allows rookies and young players to get a feel for the NFL. It allows some older guys to shake some rust and I also think having pre-season is forcing guys to practice a little harder. I think the lack of practice is part of the reason we are seeing some of the injuries we have seen.

I'm now wondering how not practicing for a game is going to be as well. I remember playing high school football and missing a week of practice, but still playing. You just aren't as sharp.

I guess what I'm saying is if anything pre-season and practice is needed. Keeps guys committed to keeping their bodies moving on a regular basis. Sure they can practice by themselves, but it really isn't the same as getting out there and running some routes.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
The increased IR spots I was thinking about. It might be up to the commish of the league to be honest. Anyway it looks like they are going to try play. However, like everything else with Covid that could change in a few hours if all of a sudden 3 players becomes a lot more.

Pittsburgh Steelers-Tennessee Titans Week 4 game set to be played as scheduled

The league is evaluating the situation and will adjust if needed as more information is gathered, per NFL Network's Tom Pelissero. Titans coaches have told players if they have to go without any in-person work until Saturday, they'll have a walkthrough then and host the Steelers at 1 p.m. ET on Sunday as scheduled, NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reported.

Postponed to later in the season now. What a mess for fantasy this week.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad