OT: NFL 2019

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
It will be interesting to see what happens when the NFL does return.

There are a number of NFL season ticket holders (no, I don't know the percentages) who have said that they will not attend the games if the players kneel in large numbers. Other casual fans have said that they will not watch if this happens. Is it just a bluff? I don't know.

Even before the Floyd murder and the virus, the NFL was facing some serious questions regarding viewership and entertainment value.

-For years, the criticism of the CFL was that there is a penalty on every play but it seems to me that the NFL has gone the same way.

-Commercials, commercials, commericals. How many Domino Pizza ads can you watch before you want to end it all? They even skip a few plays now and then to try and squeeze in another extra ad. It becomes unwatchable.

-Cost-- My wife and I toured Soldier Field a few years ago and were told that you could get a lower bowl seat during the regular season for 900-1000 bucks (U.S.)

We shall see.

Players kneel - fans stay home.

Virus running rampant - no problem getting spit sprayed and coughed on by my fellow brothers.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Players kneel - fans stay home.

Virus running rampant - no problem getting spit sprayed and coughed on by my fellow brothers.

One of my favorite expressions-- "The World is so badly mismanaged one hardly knows who to complaint to."

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Seems like a bit of a PR move with Tyrod Taylor and Justin Herbert already there at QB.

While you're likely right, it also depends on what their approach with Herbert is. They may want him to strictly hold a clipboard all year, and for that reason you bring in a guy like Kap. Imagine you're playing in a game against the Steelers/49ers/Ravens and are down big in the 2nd half and Taylor gets hurt. Do you want Herbert going in or Kap? I'd much rather watch Kap getting scraped off the turf than my rookie QB.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I don't know what to say about that Mahomes contract. Seems like a lot of money. Yes he is very good, but is this not going to hurt the Chiefs in building a team around him?

Game 8

Mar 8, 2003
Cardinals baby! Kyler Murray year two, Isaiah Simmons going to be a great year. Lets hope everyone stays healthy and safe but I for one cant wait. Keim has been doing a wonderful job at the draft since his DUI.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Very interested and scared to know what the hell is going on in Washington. The way things are going them having a name deemed racist was the least of their worries.

Seems like Dan Snyder should be getting on his private jet and getting the f*** out of the Country

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

Didn't last year we see a trend of QB's going down that really didn't play in the pre-season? Didn't the guy pictured get questioned what was left in him as he had a poor start?

As much as these guys like to miss pre-season I feel there is a lot of value still in having some sort of pre-season

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
This Antonio Brown is something else. Retired a couple days ago now calling out the NFL to give him clarity so he can talk to NFL teams.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
I don't know what to say about that Mahomes contract. Seems like a lot of money. Yes he is very good, but is this not going to hurt the Chiefs in building a team around him?

I think a lot of these very rich contracts around the NFL, not just in Kansas City will pose a real threat to survival of the league.

How long will it be before TV sponsors want to renegotiate as well.

Mahome's contract for essentially half a billion dollars could build 2 new football stadiums a decade ago. Cost escalation out of control.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
So given what is happening with the MLB is the NFL looking at making any adjustments?

NFL has always seemed pretty cocky, so hopefully they put that aside and try to learn from MLB. Although not sure how much there is too learn, other than to have it in a Hub or don't have it at all.

Reactions: joestevens29

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad