OT: NFL 2018 Season

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Weird situation too since his contract is already guaranteed next year at $3.5M.

You almost can't bring him back, but you don't want to cut him and end up spending $8-10M on a good kicker after all the financial mumbo jumbo.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Both, but the guy seems slow. Although I think the bigger issue is why do you have one of the worse kickers in the league in the lineup
Haha honestly I’m an eagle fan and I wasn’t even shocked when he hit the post. Poor guy but playoff teams shouldn’t have a kicker that misses that.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Weird situation too since his contract is already guaranteed next year at $3.5M.

You almost can't bring him back, but you don't want to cut him and end up spending $8-10M on a good kicker after all the financial mumbo jumbo.
I guess my Steelers are in a similar boat. I'm just curious after this season what happens with kickers and contracts. Can you really justify giving kickers long-term deals now?

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
Not sure how to post it but the Spanish language call from the Mexican broadcast of the missed FG has been making the rounds on twitter today and it might be one of the best things I’ve ever heard :laugh:
Definitely worth a listen (if you’re not a Bears fan).

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
On purpose? I seen the one where he hits the post 3 times in one game.
Yep. Some sort of practice for accuracy I suppose, although now he seems to mentally just aim for them. Both kicks were far too close to the upright for comfort.
Oh. I swear they were saying he was the Eagles kicker last season on the broadcast.

I guess it was actually the Pro Bowl with the Eagles they were talking about.
In all fairness he did have a good year last year. However the two season before he was kinda garbage and then was a waiver pickup last year.

Now the Bears are paying on the field for a mistake by management.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Not sure how to post it but the Spanish language call from the Mexican broadcast of the missed FG has been making the rounds on twitter today and it might be one of the best things I’ve ever heard :laugh:
Definitely worth a listen (if you’re not a Bears fan).
Was it on 1260? I heard one this morning and was crying laughing

Reactions: TB12

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Put your money on the Eagles until they get knocked out. Those pricks seem to have some mojo again this year, just at the right time. And this is coming from a Dallas fan.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Really don't get the Kingsbury hiring in Arizona. Wasn't all that great as a College head coach, then gets fired only to just sign as a Co-Ordinator a month ago in USC. Now all of a sudden he's good enough to be the head coach of a NFL team.

I mean he did work with Mahomes in Texas so maybe he can do well with Rosen, but I kind of think Mahomes was the only reason Kingsbury showed any sorts of success in College

I also tip my hat to Todd Bowles. Seems like he could've had the easy hire as co-coordinator with the Bears, but decided to go for the challenge with the Bucs.

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016
Really don't get the Kingsbury hiring in Arizona. Wasn't all that great as a College head coach, then gets fired only to just sign as a Co-Ordinator a month ago in USC. Now all of a sudden he's good enough to be the head coach of a NFL team.

I mean he did work with Mahomes in Texas so maybe he can do well with Rosen, but I kind of think Mahomes was the only reason Kingsbury showed any sorts of success in College

I also tip my hat to Todd Bowles. Seems like he could've had the easy hire as co-coordinator with the Bears, but decided to go for the challenge with the Bucs.

Kingsbury’s a QB guru he coached Case Keenum (one of the best college qbs ever), Johnny Manizel, Baker Mayfield, Pat Mahomes in a little over half a decade. This hiring is pretty much just to develop Josh Rosen.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
More than overdue to bump this thread, in anticipation of the tremendous upcoming games this weekend. For the first time in NFL history the 4 top scoring teams in the conference finals, and every one of the deserving of the final prize. The Brady/ Mahoney matchup is especially intriguing.

In other news, it looks like Antonio Brown’s time with the Steelheads is over. The Cowboys could use him, but they’d need to do some housekeeping chores first. Get rid of the entire coaching staff, the GM and the entire defensive backfield. With those changes in place, with a competent GM and coach, nothing could stop them.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
More than overdue to bump this thread, in anticipation of the tremendous upcoming games this weekend. For the first time in NFL history the 4 top scoring teams in the conference finals, and every one of the deserving of the final prize. The Brady/ Mahoney matchup is especially intriguing.

In other news, it looks like Antonio Brown’s time with the Steelheads is over. The Cowboys could use him, but they’d need to do some housekeeping chores first. Get rid of the entire coaching staff, the GM and the entire defensive backfield. With those changes in place, with a competent GM and coach, nothing could stop them.
As a Steelers fan I'm somewhat happy Brown is leaving. I just can't stand him anymore. He's a me first player who can't understand that if he doesn't get the ball for a game or two that it's because he's that good. I just don't know how you move on missing him and Bell next year.

As for the games I'd be scared if I'm KC. Only thing going for them is it's a home game. A loss already to NE and they don't have Hun this time either.

I hate the Pats, but Belichick and Brady I'm sure have studied quite a lot on KC. Can see Brady just picking apart the Chiefs d.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad