OT: NFL 2018 Season

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Brees is good, even great. But I think most pundits will give the nod to Rogers.

IMO Brees is the best pure passer in the game. He's like what prime Ricky Ray was in the CFL, except even better. Whereas Rodgers is more like a Reilly-type, who can get things done in a variety of different ways.

The only better pure passer in the last 15 years has been Peyton Manning.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Not sure what to think in Oakland. I guess at this point it doesn't matter what you do. The team sucks might as well build for the future.

I wondered if Carr would be targeted by a team as he does somehow have the 2nd best completion rate, but with that much money left I don't see it.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
The Giants appear to be bad a the football, it's concerning.

Not really, this is the best thing to happen to the Giants. They need a QB, badly, and I get that they couldn't pass up on Barkley in the last draft but now their focus going forward should be drafting a franchise QB or at least somebody who is better than the corpse formerly known as Eli Manning.

As for my Lions, remember one name. Kerryon Johnson. I loved the pick at the time but even I didn't imagine he would be this good this season. He's the next LaVeon Bell, with a much better attitude.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Not really, this is the best thing to happen to the Giants. They need a QB, badly, and I get that they couldn't pass up on Barkley in the last draft but now their focus going forward should be drafting a franchise QB or at least somebody who is better than the corpse formerly known as Eli Manning.

As for my Lions, remember one name. Kerryon Johnson. I loved the pick at the time but even I didn't imagine he would be this good this season. He's the next LaVeon Bell, with a much better attitude.
I mean I know that, it doesn't make that 1-6 start feel any better. I know the Eli still wants to play, I wonder if they continue their "success" if they'll move him.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I mean I know that, it doesn't make that 1-6 start feel any better. I know the Eli still wants to play, I wonder if they continue their "success" if they'll move him.
Seems like they are already having locker room issues. Has to be a matter of time before they try something else.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Well losing will do that to a group, but you're probably correct.
I think losing will do that to a group, but continuing to set themselves up for failure is really the issue.

Beckham is a big personality and I don't like that he went public with comments, but the fact is Manning has been going downhill for a couple years now. Not having a viable backup is really on coaching and management.

The real kicker is there is a lot of season left to make things even worse.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I think losing will do that to a group, but continuing to set themselves up for failure is really the issue.

Beckham is a big personality and I don't like that he went public with comments, but the fact is Manning has been going downhill for a couple years now. Not having a viable backup is really on coaching and management.

The real kicker is there is a lot of season left to make things even worse.
Yeah that's my biggest concern, but it might get to that point where they just "go play" because there's not pressure because they're really done.

Weitz

Sep 23, 2014
Took in the KC vs Cincinnati game on Monday. Quite the stadium and experience that was! Too bad about the game I was hoping for a close hard fought game.

Highly recommend anyone to check out Arrowhead stadium. Amazing experience!

Jepprey

Creeper
May 25, 2006
Took in the KC vs Cincinnati game on Monday. Quite the stadium and experience that was! Too bad about the game I was hoping for a close hard fought game.

Did Arrowhead a few years ago. Got really messed up the night before at the Light and Power district place and barely made it for kickoff the next day. lol. Great times indeed.

Weitz

Sep 23, 2014
Did Arrowhead a few years ago. Got really messed up the night before at the Light and Power district place and barely made it for kickoff the next day. lol. Great times indeed.

Yep spent quite a bit of time there on saturday night as well haha. We got up and hit Top golf in the morning and early afternoon so that got us rolling again.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

I've heard a lot of good things about it, but I also believe they designed the building to make it sound better as well. Doesn't hurt that they also have such a dynamic offense right now too

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Not a good couple days to be a coach in Cleveland. First Lue now Hue.

I don't really know what they expect to be honest though. Both clubs don't exactly have the needed talent. The Browns have actually been in most games as well, but I guess easier to fire the coach than get rid of the no talent roster.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
Not a good couple days to be a coach in Cleveland. First Lue now Hue.

I don't really know what they expect to be honest though. Both clubs don't exactly have the needed talent. The Browns have actually been in most games as well, but I guess easier to fire the coach than get rid of the no talent roster.

All they need to do is run the offense properly and they would be above .500.

David Njoku and Duke Johnson are barely used in their offense. Yet they are their best athletes.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
All they need to do is run the offense properly and they would be above .500.

David Njoku and Duke Johnson are barely used in their offense. Yet they are their best athletes.
Didn't realize they turfed Haley too. That in itself could help.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Man is there a more hated man than Parkey right now in North American sports by his fans?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->