OT: NFL 2018 Season

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Where to start

Le'Veon Bell still not with Steelers

Nike starts a new add resulting in people burning their Nike gear, as well as stocks dropping

Is this finally the season the Browns and Jets found a QB? Is Garoppolo the QB the Niners hope he can be?

Either way starts this Thursday with the Falcons in Philly.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
I like how the NFL looks on paper this year.

Bears, Browns, 49ers, Jets look much improved this season. Pittsburgh, New England, Seattle are on the downswing.

Looking forward to it.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Where to start

Le'Veon Bell still not with Steelers

Nike starts a new add resulting in people burning their Nike gear, as well as stocks dropping

Is this finally the season the Browns and Jets found a QB? Is Garoppolo the QB the Niners hope he can be?

Either way starts this Thursday with the Falcons in Philly.
Yeah I can't imagine be so racist I need to burn my Nike stuff, but I suspect they will be just fine.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

Bears, Browns, 49ers, Jets look much improved this season. Pittsburgh, New England, Seattle are on the downswing.

Looking forward to it.
I'm no Giants fan, but I'm curious to see their offense with Barkley. They've had some real bad rushing numbers in the past couple years and Barkley will give them quite a different look.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I'm no Giants fan, but I'm curious to see their offense with Barkley. They've had some real bad rushing numbers in the past couple years and Barkley will give them quite a different look.
If he gives them that weapon, offensively they will be dynamic, however I don't know that they will be any good this year.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006

Looking forward to it.

Baker Mayfield is the real deal.

I think Pittsburgh have a little juice in them still.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Baker Mayfield is the real deal.

I think Pittsburgh have a little juice in them still.
The problem is the Cleveland Browns are the Cleveland Browns and being the real deal might not be enough.

I'm a Steelers fan. Have no idea what to think. When you have Big Ben, JuJu, Brown and Bell you should be in a lot of games. However, have no idea what Bell is doing and big Ben's health scares me. Not having Shazier is also tough, although we had the most pro bowlers last year and only Shazier isn't playing this year

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
The problem is the Cleveland Browns are the Cleveland Browns and being the real deal might not be enough.

I'm a Steelers fan. Have no idea what to think. When you have Big Ben, JuJu, Brown and Bell you should be in a lot of games. However, have no idea what Bell is doing and big Ben's health scares me. Not having Shazier is also tough, although we had the most pro bowlers last year and only Shazier isn't playing this year
You know what Bell will do? Be the most dominant player from Scrimmage in the league again. The amount of TD Bell generates will likely correlate to how good the Steelers are this season.

Weitz

Sep 23, 2014
Bell is gonna sit till he has to play due to his contract being tolled. I think thats week 9 or so.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Nice to see Martavis Bryant pissing yet another year down the drain. More than likely his career. I don't even know if the guy has any money due to being suspended all the time.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
The Browns making the playoffs would be a generational season for them.

Jepprey

Creeper
May 25, 2006
The Browns making the playoffs would be a generational season for them.

0ap3000000882302_video_cp.jpg

boredem

Jan 22, 2013
Footballs back, hockey is almost back, playoff baseball coming up soon.

Love the fall.

Go Steelers.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
Good job I chuckled and thought of the same pic when I heard Browns and playoffs.

The Browns didn't even win a game last year and now people expect them to win 9 or 10? I can see them and Cincy combined for 7 or 8 wins

I see the Browns around 6-10 but not getting blown out every 2nd week like the last number of years. Similar to the Bucs or the Raiders last season.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I see the Browns around 6-10 but not getting blown out every 2nd week like the last number of years. Similar to the Bucs or the Raiders last season.
That's pretty fair, they didn't have that many blowouts last year. Not as you would expect for a 0-16 team

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
I picked every game of the season this morning for fun just to see what the results would be... Here's the results:

AFC North
Steelers - 12-4
Bengals - 8-8
Ravens - 6-10
Browns - 5-11

AFC South
Jaguars - 14-2
Texans - 12-4
Titans - 6-10
Colts - 5-11

AFC East
Patriots - 10-6
Dolphins - 9-7
Jets - 5-11
Bills - 1-15

AFC West
Broncos 13-3
Chargers 13-3
Chiefs - 4-12
Raiders - 3-13

NFC North
Vikings - 14-2
Packers - 12-4
Bears - 6-10
Lions - 5-11

NFC South
Saints 14-2
Panthers - 13-3
Falcons - 10-6
Buccaneers - 1-15

NFC East
Eagles - 13-3
Redskins - 5-11
Cowboys - 4-12
Giants - 4-12

NFC West
Rams - 12-4
49ers - 7-9
Cardinals - 5-11
Seahawks - 5-11

Obviously the results will be much different and i feel was overly negative towards the Bucs, Raiders, Chiefs. However, just based off their schedules without any games played it's hard to give wins when they play top tier teams in the first two months of the season. I'm probably too bullish on the Chargers but their schedule is fairly easy. Not sure what to make of the Cowboys and Redskins. I thought i would have the Redskins around 8-8 or so and the Cowboys at 7-9. Also not too sure what to make of the Cardinals and Seahawks results. They are probably too low however they have some big deficiencies on their roster so before any games are played. It's hard to see a path to the playoffs for them.

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
Footballs back, hockey is almost back, playoff baseball coming up soon.

Love the fall.
As much as I despise the weather from Oct to Mar, sports season starts now. Getting hitched Sept 15 so as to not interfere with Oilers season :thumbu:

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
If Bell every plays for the Steelers again he better keep his head up.

I essentially see the line doing the same thing that happened in the longest yard letting Bell get rocked.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
If Bell every plays for the Steelers again he better keep his head up.

I essentially see the line doing the same thing that happened in the longest yard letting Bell get rocked.
I mean I guess, this identity politics stuff is a such a bad look. He's basically the best player from Scrimmage in the entire league. He wants to get paid. He doesn't have anything to prove. The "players" have almost not leverage in the NFL, so holding out is basically their only option.

It's really hard to blame him honestly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad