OT: NFL 2018 Season

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
I actually took the 7 1/2 points in the Lions game. I’d seen both Patriots games in their entirety and while I didn’t think they’d lose the game, I didn’t think they’d cover. I didn’t watch the Vikings games, I guess that’s why I was more surprised with that one. I wouldn’t have given the 17 points but I didn’t think it was possible to lose to that bad Bills team. My plan for the next few weeks, at least, was to go with whoever was playing Buffalo in my suicide pool. I didn’t think I could lose. Jokes on me now.

Suicide pools suck. It's basically like playing the lottery.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Showtime Mahomes is the real deal.

Its kinda funny in the NFL how some quarterbacks just have it. So many teams waste high picks on quarter picks who just seem to not really be able to do much at that level. I realize Mahomes was a high pick too but how many quarter backs were picked before him? I also think some people thought it was a reach when KC took him at 11 or whatever it was.

I just find the whole draft kinda bizarre compared to the NHL. I know its a different game but with the broad area that hockey covers, along with younger players who havent matured, you would think it would there would be more busts in the first round in hockey. I guess when it comes to the NFL, NCAA is basically a different game than NFL, so theres that.

Some kind of farm system or development league would probably be good in the NFL.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
I remember KC traded a bunch of picks to to move up and nab Mahomes at #10 in 2017...guess who's pick that was originally?
the Bills of course lol

eventually he'll need to learn to throw from the pocket more but man is he must-see TV

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Its kinda funny in the NFL how some quarterbacks just have it. So many teams waste high picks on quarter picks who just seem to not really be able to do much at that level. I realize Mahomes was a high pick too but how many quarter backs were picked before him? I also think some people thought it was a reach when KC took him at 11 or whatever it was.

I just find the whole draft kinda bizarre compared to the NHL. I know its a different game but with the broad area that hockey covers, along with younger players who havent matured, you would think it would there would be more busts in the first round in hockey. I guess when it comes to the NFL, NCAA is basically a different game than NFL, so theres that.

Some kind of farm system or development league would probably be good in the NFL.

Trubisky who had 6 TD's went 2nd and Watson went 2 after Mahomes at 12.

Mahomes is also lucky to have Hill, Kelce, Hunt, and Watkins. Having 4 weapons like that allows you to make mistakes. A lot of teams that spend high picks on Qb's outright suck and think bringing in a Qb is going to solve everything. That and you really need to interview guys and find out just how smart they are.

I think comparing Qb's that fail to Yakupov is a fair comparison here. All sorts of talent that guys would kill for, but don't have the smarts to adjust. NFL teams spend a ridiculous amount of time on film. They will see what other teams have tried and will do their best to exploit weaknesses and stay away from their strengths.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I remember KC traded a bunch of picks to to move up and nab Mahomes at #10 in 2017...guess who's pick that was originally?
the Bills of course lol

eventually he'll need to learn to throw from the pocket more but man is he must-see TV
About as good as Cleveland have a crack at Wentz and Watson if they wanted

Denver was doing a good job at controlling him. The problem now is Reid is going to be making sure that doesn't happen again. Going to be interesting to see Mahomes adjust and teams adjust.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Mahomes is very good, but eventually he's going to have to continually outscore his own defence's deficiencies.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
So did something change in the NFL this year that we are seeing some of the worse FG and XP attempts?

I haven't looked to see overall if things are better or worse, but week after week some kicker is falling apart.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Man are the Giants in rough shape. Have no idea why anyone would be confident with him as their starter going into the year without a solid backup.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
So did something change in the NFL this year that we are seeing some of the worse FG and XP attempts?

I haven't looked to see overall if things are better or worse, but week after week some kicker is falling apart.

I think it's just one of those freak things.

On the flip side the Carolina kicker had a 63 yard field goal to win the game.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Yeah. The longer extra points were implemented to make sure that it wasn't guaranteed and that's what has been playing out the last three seasons.
I can understand guys missing XP's, but Field Goals? Boswell has just been so awful. Thank god Brown made it in for the TD, because I have no confidence in Boswell attempting any length of Field goal.

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
Aaron Rodgers is an absolute treasure to watch.

Aaron Rodgers is the Mike Reilly of the CFL...an incredible talent who has nowhere near the championships that he should have because of the organizational disarray around him.

That and he wears green and gold... ;)

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Aaron Rodgers is an absolute treasure to watch.
Funny how a guy that goes 54% ends up with such a good final result.

On a complete side note didn't know this;

The 2018 NFL Draft at AT&T Stadium generated $125.2 million in economic impact for the Dallas region during the three-day event in late April and $74 million in direct spending, according to a report compiled by VisitDallas, which utilized Destinations International's economic impact calculator.
That figure is a new record for an NFL draft and is the first one to top $100 million for the host region. The records didn't stop there. More than 100,000 fans flocked to Day 1 and the NFL Draft Experience on April 26, and the entire event drew more than 200,00 people.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Great game last night, and agree, Rogers is one tough hombre, and a whole lot of fun to watch. The best pure passer in the league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->