Next team to win their first cup

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Vegas and Florida are the only two that seem like they might be able to in the next 5 years, and outside that window, there's not enough information to decide either way. Might as well roll a die at that point.

this but I think Winnipeg or Minnesota could semi plausibly do it as well(although it would be something of a cinderella run with higher than average luck involved)

Tweed

Jun 25, 2006
I dunno it seems the least likely to me.

Hilarious yes but I thought that was your most likely pick.

Yeah no, he misunderstood the whole point of the thread. He thought the OP was asking people to draw a random marble from the bag for yuk-yuks.

Reactions: Crow

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Bettman gonna expand further south cuz the markets are bigger there.

Mexico City and Panama gonna win before any of the aforementioned teams.

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Even though "yup" is a convincing argument i'd say they're the least likely organization to make it. A very bad team who refuses to rebuild. Dark days seem to be ahead.
Rebuild hits you whether you want it to happen or not.

You have to realise both Toronto and Edmonton were actively trying to win nearly their entire time. They were handing huge contracts to UFA's and were max-cap. They were trading away 1st round picks for players like Phil Kessel, and sending offer sheets to Vanek and Penner n shit.

They were actively trying to win when the wheels fell off, and they bottomed out.

Last edited:

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Vegas Golden Knights are the most likely winners.
Can't score when push comes to shove.
Lost to Dallas in 20.
Habs in 21.
Without a bona-fide number one center its tough to beat the best.
Goalie is a flake.
Coaching unimpressive.

I will put the Panthers ahead of Knights.

Last edited:

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Vegas if in the next 2 years
Florida if in the next 2-5 years
Columbus if it’s a 5 year period

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
So glad Washington isn’t on this list any more.

I’ll say Florida. With Barkov extending, the depth they have, and Spencer Knight likely to be a force in a few years they don’t have a ton of holes on that team.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
If Ekblad can stay on the level he showed before he got injured and if Bobrovsky manages to earn his paycheck, then Florida Panthers is a decent bet. Even though their window is probably only open for 1 more season before Barkov is taking up at least 11% of their salary room.
I personally wouldn't count on a below average starter become one of the best goalies in the league.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I have Florida at the top right now, but Vegas is a premier #1 center away from taking that spot.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
They were an expansion team, along with Tampa Bay in 1992. I agree regarding cups but I don't think the NHL officially recognizes the current iteration of the sens as the same team as the original dominant franchise, despite having the same name and playing in the same city.

yup, they dont

IM2y4wt.png
They should.

My pick is Winnipeg.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad