Next team to win their first cup

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Vegas in the West. Florida in the East. Probably really obvious but hey, you go with the teams that are set up the best to take that next step and that's them.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
The knights have the best shot but their window might close before they get the chance and they are weak up the middle.

I’m going to say Columbus in 6 years.

The knights do have a good shot but I think Florida, with Knight in net, has the better shot out of the teams listed in the next 5 years.

Reactions: Crow

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
Knights: Window is closing but still have the best chance.

Jets: If they can beat the Avs they have a good shot at the cup

Panthers: Like the Jets if they can get out of their division then anything is possible.

Senators: If ownership does not sell their great young talent before they can win it all.

Canucks: If they can catch lightning in a bottle, there is a chance.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
The teams that are close right now:
1) Florida: Seems shockingly well run, they just have to work around Bobo’s awful contract. Feels weirdly like it might happen for this group to me.

2) Vegas: might just be a tease, I’m not sure I buy their “we don’t need centers” storyline. Great defense and a lot of fun players.

3) Jets: There are are things I like but the post-Byfuglien defense has been rough sledding. Chevy improved it this off-season but it wasn’t that hard considering where it was last season.

Everyone else is rebuilding, resetting or should be because they’re a mess. (Other then the Kraken obviously, who look a lot less fun than the OG Golden Knights and aren’t looking like contenders either.)

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
This shows that winning a Cup is an extremely difficult thing to do.
Wow 1/30+ teams wins every year wow it's like even if teams took turns everyone would have to wait 30+ years for their turn to come

I'd think Vegas for now and Seattle for the future when it comes to winning a cup.

SpinninRodIntoArmpit

Apr 8, 2015
Wild in -34. 3–4 years of mediocrity, fast rebuild in 2–3 years and the star players they add in around 2025–2029 will be in their prime in 2033-34.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
If Dubois becomes a legit 1b center, the way he was in the 2020 playoffs, the Jets will have two really good C center depth to go with a nice blend of highly skilled forwards (especially if Perfetti hits his potential in the next few seasons). The D core isn't amazing, but solid and deep, with some good young talent (Heinola, Samberg, Stanley, Kovacevic). Add in a Vezina goalie and they have the ingredients for a Cup run or two.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Florida. They were really good last year and lost in 6 against Tampa without Ekblad. Their goaltending lost them the series. Now they have added Montour, Reinhart and Lundell, Knight will probably play more and Tampa has lost their entire 3rd line. Without injuries to key-players the cup is their to loose. Center-depth is unreal - Barkov, Reinart, Bennett, Lundell, Acciari, Vatrano, Luostarinen, Jumbo. I cant see a team with a better offense than them:

Verhaeghe - Barkov - Reinhart
Huberdeau - Bennett - Duclair
Vatrano/Jumbo - Lundell - Tippett
Marchment - Acciari/Luostarinen - Hornqvist

SpitfireG

Sep 29, 2013
Florida wrong move signature Thornton.
Make copy past history Toronto case this year.
Bobrovsky wrong goalie for Cup win

Leksand

Oct 30, 2013
Northern VA
Jets within 3 years.

Why?

If they don't their SC window will close when Scheifele and Helle team friendly contracts expire. :naughty:
If Ekblad can stay on the level he showed before he got injured and if Bobrovsky manages to earn his paycheck, then Florida Panthers is a decent bet. Even though their window is probably only open for 1 more season before Barkov is taking up at least 11% of their salary room.
Absolutely.

I would say that if Bobrovsky would earn his paycheck, they’ll be a top contender. Seems unlikely though unfortunately. Hope I’m wrong.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
I don’t care about the Thornton “curse.” We aren’t Toronto. Our top 9 is pretty much set, although he might take some time away from Lundell at 3rd line center. He will be a bottom 6/3 occasional forward for us, and will be a veteran presence in the locker room.

Florida should be better defensively. Florida rid themselves of Yandle and Stralman, even though Stralman wasn’t bad for us last season. And with amount of forwards now, I suspect Zito to move a forward for D help.

Goaltending is obvious the question. Florida was a .600+ team with Bob last year, and I’m expecting him to be better this season with the team in front of him. Knight I’m expecting a lot, but I’m trying to keep those expectations down.

MrJoshua

Mar 24, 2010
Decatur, AL
Bettman gonna expand further south cuz the markets are bigger there.

Mexico City and Panama gonna win before any of the aforementioned teams.

I know you're not being serious, but I could totally see myself making my yearly vacation be flying down to Panama or somewhere to watch my team play a series (assuming they stacked games to save travel costs) against an expansion team. Sounds like a great excuse to do more traveling.

cc

Feb 28, 2002
As a Canuck fan, I'm convinced the Canucks will never win a Cup in my life time.
I kinda wish they called themselves "The Vancouver Millionaires" just so we can say they won one.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00