Next team to win their first cup

LudwigVonKarlsson

Fall of Pierre
Oct 17, 2013
Ottawa, ON
I should have multi-quoted. Ottawa wasn't an expansion franchise. They have 11 cups.
They were an expansion team, along with Tampa Bay in 1992. I agree regarding cups but I don't think the NHL officially recognizes the current iteration of the sens as the same team as the original dominant franchise, despite having the same name and playing in the same city.

Reactions: HabsQC

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
They were an expansion team, along with Tampa Bay in 1992. I agree regarding cups but I don't think the NHL officially recognizes the current iteration of the sens as the same team as the original dominant franchise, despite having the same name and playing in the same city.
yup, they dont

IM2y4wt.png

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Florida and Vegas obvious short term answers, but I'm not sure they've got enough to do it when Vegas seem to be struggling to get it done with no 1C and not a lot of obvious routes to get one, and Florida seem to have the cap waiting to smack them around the head unless they can get rid of Bobrovsky in the next couple of seasons.

Reactions: I am not exposed

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
This isn't a homer pick, but I'll say Winnipeg. It will have to happen within the next couple of years. Scheifele is still at the top of his game, but at his age you will probably see a slow decline starting in a year or two. Wheeler is already hanging by a thread as a productive top six player. But Ehlers and Connor have plenty of time left, and Dubois should rebound very well from injury (and he's only 22 years old). Then you have future first liner Cole Perfetti, Lowry, a much, much improved defense... oh, and a Vezina winner named Hellebuyck.

Reactions: rfournier103

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
I would say Vegas but I'm not a fan of their asset management and I think if they can't win in the next two years, that will catch up with them.

That said, I think they still have the best chance out of any team currently on this list

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad