next Kings COACH...

Status
Not open for further replies.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
You can't just fire a GM after one season. Even if you disagree with the hiring, firing a GM that fast is just a poor way to run an organization and a bad look to the rest of the league. Do you remember how hard it was for the Canes to find a GM with the owner running his mouth? The Kings would have that kind of reputation in the hockey world if they fired a GM after one ****ing season.
That's a good reason to hang onto the wrong guys. Blake is in a box. I am willing to wait and see how he drafts. Other than goaltender development, this whole organization's talent scouting and development system should be under scrutiny. I don't expect good results with Robitaille in charge.

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017
That's a good reason to hang onto the wrong guys.

That is also a great way to end up in a quagmire. What moves do you think Blake has moved that are worthy of him being fired? How has he set the organization back? You can't just use the results of a guy still in his second season as the reason he should be fired. Robitaille is a different discussion that I don't really care to get into, but I am just discussing Blake. Unless a guy is actively making detrimental mistakes, I believe it is the best option to allow the GM a few seasons to bring his vision to the team.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
That is also a great way to end up in a quagmire. What moves do you think Blake has moved that are worthy of him being fired? How has he set the organization back? You can't just use the results of a guy still in his second season as the reason he should be fired. Robitaille is a different discussion that I don't really care to get into, but I am just discussing Blake. Unless a guy is actively making detrimental mistakes, I believe it is the best option to allow the GM a few seasons to bring his vision to the team.
We have already heard his vision which is, the Kings are Stanley Cup contenders and just need some tweaks. I know this isn't really what he thinks. It's just how Luc and Rob were able to get their current positions. I am willing to give Blake a shot. Robitaille should be shown the door.

Reactions: Ollie Weeks

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
We have already heard his vision which is, the Kings are Stanley Cup contenders and just need some tweaks. I know this isn't really what he thinks. It's just how Luc and Rob were able to get their current positions. I am willing to give Blake a shot. Robitaille should be shown the door.

I still find it kind of scary how he is basically in the position he is in now based on what he did on the ice. It would be like having an airline have their most talented pilot run the company when he's to old to fly. I think he's in way over his head with his current role with the Kings.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Kings would make a huge mistake not choosing a first timer with a clear approach to their game. Kings can't play two way hockey at this point. Either commit to full offense first, or defense first. The offense is better than the defense, so they need to look at someone like Sheldon.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
The deciding factor about Blake's future is the coach he hires this summer. I will be on the hope train if he hires correctly, and I'm willing to build a rocket and strap him in if he hires another previous NHL coach that's washed up

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
Next two seasons will probably be a tank like seasons.Get better draft position and hire a bridge coach.When the team seems ready,bring in a establish coach.Only way to know for sure is who Blake hired as coach.

Rumpelstiltskin

Serial Ruminator
Jun 14, 2007
Los Alamitos, CA
If McLellan is the choice, I wouldn't be surprised if he got Kopitar and Doughty's asses moving in the right direction again. I would be surprised if it accomplished anything other than the Kings getting a lower position in the 2020 draft.

Agreed on both counts. Which leads me to this opinion: if Bluc really is intent on squeezing "one last gasp" with the Kopitar/Doughty as the centerpieces (very bad idea IMHO, but if), I'd rather they go for John Tortorella - the ultimate standings-results will probably be about the same as with McLellan, only it would be A LOT more fun to watch (and, Tortorella might just piss the aging core off so badly that they demand a trade - of course, fulfilling that wish is another matter).

I also respectfully disagree that the next coaching hire doesn't matter. If the Kings really are going to go with a youth movement next season, having the next coach be a teacher/mentor type is very important - now, who would best fit that bill (and want to come here), I'll leave to wiser minds than mine...

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
If I was a coach being interviewed, I would want to know the master plan is, the expected time involved to implement it, and what players were being moved out...would specifically state that Carter, Phaneuf, and Toffoli should be moved out, or no point talking. Can't ice a competitive team with them.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
If I was a coach being interviewed, I would want to know the master plan is, the expected time involved to implement it, and what players were being moved out...would specifically state that Carter, Phaneuf, and Toffoli should be moved out, or no point talking. Can't ice a competitive team with them.

Well, that's one way to ensure that you are never hired....

Reactions: deaderhead28
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad