News from Around the AHL/NHL/KHL 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
lol..beefsteak charlies -- proud to say I have never been!!

But I grew up in Bellmore, and went to Sunrise Bowl and Bellmore Bowl throughout my youth. Bellmore bowl was quite a shithole, even as a kid I knew this!

Bellmore Kennedy? I'm class of 1976.

God, how many Merrick and Bellmore bred do we have here? Meroke Lanes for me.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Bellmore Kennedy? I'm class of 1976.

God, how many Merrick and Bellmore bred do we have here? Meroke Lanes for me.

Mepham, 1988.

I went sideways down Bellmore Ave late at night during a snowstorm after some jackpot bowling at Meroke back in the day. Ahh Youth.

eoin92

Jun 14, 2013
But, did you go to McCluskeys -- that's the big question. THEN, you be cool with me.

Side note;; When is this season starting? Need someone besides my family to yell at.
You're not trying hard enough!
hqdefault.jpg

Reactions: Bones45

Quicklime

Sep 25, 2006
Denver, CO

IslandersGER

Dec 29, 2015
Deutschland
Still coming to grips with my feelings on this. Can't tell if I love or hate it?!?

Pass or fail: Stars unveil all white ‘Reverse Retro’ uniforms (yahoo.com)
I like it as well as their all black with neon green third unis. It's not a new standard, it's just for a few games so I would find it very acceptable if I were a Dallas fan. In every case a whole lot better than Isles uninspirational "new" reverse retro design which should be forgotten the second after it was presented.

Reactions: LeapOnOver

The Real JT

No diving allowed
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
We probably need a new thread for the expansion draft since the chatter on protection lists is going to start soon.

As much as I'd hate it, a lost season benefits the Isles by aging their contract liabilities.

With a flat cap or worse in the near term, the only sure fire keepers on my list are Barzal, Beau, Nelson, JGP, Pulock, Pelech and Mayfield.

Losing any one of Bailey, Eberle or Lee hurts but the dollars freed up in a flat cap era should allow an equal or better replacement player.

Fire away.

Last edited:
Reactions: frankieboy

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
We probably need a new thread for the expansion draft since the chatter on protection lists is going to start soon.

As much as I'd hate it, a lost season benefits the Isles by aging their contract liabilities.

With a flat cap or worse in the near term, the only sure fire keepers on my list are Barzal, Beau, Nelson, JPG, Pulock, Pelech and Mayfield.

Losing any one of Bailey, Eberle or Lee hurts but the dollars freed up in a flat cap era should allow an equal or better replacement player.

Fire away.

I feel like we also need a LI Nostalgia thread considering what's going on above.

I agree with your list and in order of who I would prefer Seattle to take out of your 3 - Eberle, Lee, Bailey (if Lee wasn't the captain, he would be first).

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Some good (and interesting) news. According to The Athletic, the NHL is planning a Jan. 15th start date, leaning towards a 56-game schedule. Training camps would begin Jan. 2nd. The NHL also intends on having teams play in their own arenas, provided approval from states. If the pandemic continues to worsen, they may opt for hub cities, where multiple teams (in close geographic proximity) play each other.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Some good (and interesting) news. According to The Athletic, the NHL is planning a Jan. 15th start date, leaning towards a 56-game schedule. Training camps would begin Jan. 2nd. The NHL also intends on having teams play in their own arenas, provided approval from states. If the pandemic continues to worsen, they may opt for hub cities, where multiple teams (in close geographic proximity) play each other.

Finally, some positive news about a start date. I am pretty excited to see what we have in Sorokin.

And I think the shorter regular season benefits the isles because they won't be so exhausted by the end.
Just get into the playoffs.

Reactions: danteipp

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY

Any word on realignment or how the Canadian teams would be handled?

bstash19

Apr 8, 2012
long island
Any word on realignment or how the Canadian teams would be handled?

Everything I’ve been hearing on hockey central and 31 thoughts regarding the Canadian teams, is an all Canada division, and that they will play each other.

The US has been mentioned for division realignment, but it hasn’t been really mentioned whether they would only play within your own divisions or have inter division games.

personally I say, play only within the division. Playing each divisional opponent 8 times would be awesome. The only downside is the proposed divisional realignment has us in the strongest division. (Based on last years point percentage)

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Everything I’ve been hearing on hockey central and 31 thoughts regarding the Canadian teams, is an all Canada division, and that they will play each other.

The US has been mentioned for division realignment, but it hasn’t been really mentioned whether they would only play within your own divisions or have inter division games.

personally I say, play only within the division. Playing each divisional opponent 8 times would be awesome. The only downside is the proposed divisional realignment has us in the strongest division. (Based on last years point percentage)

I heard they were likely going to re-align to minimize travel completely. So they'll come up with the easiest travel schedule for all teams that allows them to maximize games in a quick period of time. It's always interesting where the line is when it comes to travel for the NYC Metro area. Do we get Boston and Buffalo or do we get Philadelphia and Washington D.C.? If we get Philadelphia and D.C., who is Carolina, Florida, and Tampa Bay getting included in theirs?

bstash19

Apr 8, 2012
long island
I heard they were likely going to re-align to minimize travel completely. So they'll come up with the easiest travel schedule for all teams that allows them to maximize games in a quick period of time. It's always interesting where the line is when it comes to travel for the NYC Metro area. Do we get Boston and Buffalo or do we get Philadelphia and Washington D.C.? If we get Philadelphia and D.C., who is Carolina, Florida, and Tampa Bay getting included in theirs?

the speculation for our division (by Lebrun, I think it was) is: NYI, NYR, NJD, PHI, BUF, BOS, WSH, CAR

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
the speculation for our division (by Lebrun, I think it was) is: NYI, NYR, NJD, PHI, BUF, BOS, WSH, CAR

Interesting, I would have thought Carolina would stay in the south, with teams like Tampa, Florida, maybe Dallas, etc.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I checked out Staples recent Q & A with fans ( need a subscription). His most interesting points were....

1. Lou is not prepared to pay some big price to move Ladd. It'll likely have to be LTIR if his cap hit is removed (and that remains a real possibility). He also mentions that if Parise was moved to LI, Ladd would be going the other way. I felt Staples contradicted him self here because taking on Parise's contract and moving a good prospect or a 1st would be paying a big price.

2. Staples thinks the Thompson coaching criticism is unwarranted, that it should be directed more at the Isles scouting staff.

3. He felt the Toews trade was inevitable because of the upcoming cap crunch next offseason, when Sorokin, Pelech and Beau are due raises.

4.Staples expects plenty of debating among nyi fans when the team has to decide between protecting Leddy or Mayfield, in the Seattle expansion draft.

By the time of the expansion draft, both Mayfield ($1.45m) and Leddy ($5.5m), will be one yr away from unrestricted free agency. If Leddy doesn't fit long term into the isles plans, if he is not signing an extension, then I think Leddy and his big cap hit need to be left unprotected.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
I still think Varly goes in expansion.

I agree on Thompson, felt silly being critical of him when last year our top 4 was homegrown talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese