Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Something like this?

ECH0VZo.png

Yeah...maybe not as good as it was in my head. But hey, it's different!

Reactions: Quicklime

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island

Wondering what TBL do with their cap situation now. As per cap friendly $1.9M over cap counting only 19 players on the NHL roster. Cirelli and Cernak left as unsigned RFAs.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Is anyone else in favor of not revisiting old 3rd jerseys, not trying to riff on the lighthouse or the fisherman? Don’t you guys want to see us come up with a new concept for an alternate?

I realize the theme is Reverse Retro but how many conversations about alternate jerseys for the Isles come back to “bring back the fisherman”? Can’t we ever move forward?

Fully agree unless the 3rd jersey celebrates the Wet T-shirt Night at Rum Bottoms or something similar . . . far more representative of our age group than the fish sticks approach. For the weak of heart there's always a possibility of using a Roosevelt Field theme or even the Jones Beach Amphitheater . . . or OBI . . .

Reactions: Beacon Isles

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
I'm not making a nod to NYC. I've lived in eastern Queens my entire life and spent more of my leisure time and money on the Island than in any of the boroughs. Believe me if there's any theme for Long Island re: vineyards, the east end or the Island's nautical roots I see it as a big reach. The Island is beaches, golf courses, the LIRR, and sprawl.

Sorry. It is what it is.

What about our potato legacy? Zorn's Poultry Farm? It's there, you just have to search for it!

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
What about our potato legacy? Zorn's Poultry Farm? It's there, you just have to search for it!
How about the Jones Beach water tower? I’m pretty sure more Long Islanders have seen that than a lighthouse.

Is Zorn’s still there? How about Sheppy’s in Bellmore?

Beacon Isles

Feb 20, 2015
Beacon, NY
Fully agree unless the 3rd jersey celebrates the Wet T-shirt Night at Rum Bottoms or something similar . . . far more representative of our age group than the fish sticks approach. For the weak of heart there's always a possibility of using a Roosevelt Field theme or even the Jones Beach Amphitheater . . . or OBI . . .

70778d_9843d20a5a69477d8fd1556c7af191cc-jpg_srz_p_207_199_75_22_0-50_1.jpeg

Nice and simple third jersey logo :)

IslesCLT

Apr 25, 2019
Charlotte
Zorns is still there. I had their tasty fried chicken a month ago
Mom and sister both worked at Zorn's when I was in HS...we had a lot of Zorn's dinners. This topic is bringing me back!

How about the Jones Beach water tower? I’m pretty sure more Long Islanders have seen that than a lighthouse.

Is Zorn’s still there? How about Sheppy’s in Bellmore?
Sheppy's does not ring a bell...looks like it was over by My Hero? Assuming that was before my time or I never noticed it as a kid. Went to that Carvel often and would sled on the hill where the southern state crossed over Jerusalem Ave.

Reactions: BrockLobster

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Mom and sister both worked at Zorn's when I was in HS...we had a lot of Zorn's dinners. This topic is bringing me back!

Sheppy's does not ring a bell...looks like it was over by My Hero? Assuming that was before my time or I never noticed it as a kid. Went to that Carvel often and would sled on the hill where the southern state crossed over Jerusalem Ave.
Sheppy’s was a small restaurant/take out place that had appetizing, blintzes, etc. i remember them as far back as the late 1970s. Back then they were located on Merrick Rd in Bellmore or maybe in Merrick.

IslesCLT

Apr 25, 2019
Charlotte
Sheppy’s was a small restaurant/take out place that had appetizing, blintzes, etc. i remember them as far back as the late 1970s. Back then they were located on Merrick Rd in Bellmore or maybe in Merrick.
ah ok, google had an address on Jerusalem Ave by the Bellmore Ave/Park Ave intersection....technically N. Merrick I think but still my old stomping grounds (but I was born in 78 so no memory of Sheppy's either way haha).

Reactions: MJF

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
ah ok, google had an address on Jerusalem Ave by the Bellmore Ave/Park Ave intersection....technically N. Merrick I think but still my old stomping grounds (but I was born in 78 so no memory of Sheppy's either way haha).
I saw that listing. I wonder if that’s the same business and maybe they moved? :dunno:

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A

But, did you go to McCluskeys -- that's the big question. THEN, you be cool with me.

Side note;; When is this season starting? Need someone besides my family to yell at.

IslesCLT

Apr 25, 2019
Charlotte
But, did you go to McCluskeys -- that's the big question. THEN, you be cool with me.

Side note;; When is this season starting? Need someone besides my family to yell at.
That was more for mom and dad...our family "steakhouse" outings were at Beefsteak Charlie's where me and my sister would load up on chilled shrimp at the salad bar.

I did however have a birthday party at Bellmore Bowl though and drank many beers at Twin Lakes during my HS years!

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
That was more for mom and dad...our family "steakhouse" outings were at Beefsteak Charlie's where me and my sister would load up on chilled shrimp at the salad bar.

I did however have a birthday party at Bellmore Bowl though and drank many beers at Twin Lakes during my HS years!

Holy shit, Beefsteak Charlie's!

There was one on Northern Blvd. near our house in Great Neck growing up. My whole family used to go there religiously on weekends. My grandmother used to swipe loaves of the Banana Bread in her purse and that's what we'd have for dessert during the week! I remember the Bio Rhythm machine in the lobby when we were waiting for our seats!

Thinking about it right now brings a smile and a tear to my eye. My grandmother would bring her biggest purse preparing for battle. My grandfather loved the salad bar. I used to peel like a pound of the shrimp only to have my brother steal it from me. Shit, the memories.

Reactions: beach and IslesCLT

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A

lol..beefsteak charlies -- proud to say I have never been!!

But I grew up in Bellmore, and went to Sunrise Bowl and Bellmore Bowl throughout my youth. Bellmore bowl was quite a shithole, even as a kid I knew this!

Reactions: IslesCLT
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad