News from Around the AHL/NHL/KHL 2019-20 Pt. IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Hey, maybe Dubas can be GM at BPT, and Tavares would be a good 3C for us if TOR retains 80% of his salary.

I never want to see him in an isles jersey ever again or our colors.

However, in the event that does happen one day, maybe he’s at the end of his career and only worth a 1 year deal at the veterans minimum. It will be nice to see that he can’t wear his precious #91. That belongs to 4 time Stanley Cup winner and Conn Smyth winner Butch Goring.

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
I never want to see him in an isles jersey ever again or our colors.

However, in the event that does happen one day, maybe he’s at the end of his career and only worth a 1 year deal at the veterans minimum. It will be nice to see that he can’t wear his precious #91. That belongs to 4 time Stanley Cup winner and Conn Smyth winner Butch Goring.

In 99% of cases I would absolutely love to have a former player back such as Tavares at the end of his career if he could still play. That being said, Tavares is the obvious 1% and he can go f*** right off.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Tavares should invite the team to his place for a poolside team meeting. He could have binders with all the pros and cons of playing hard versus loafing. And a colorized video presentation of what it would look like if the Leafs were to win the Cup.

Of course, by the time he decides whether to serve bagels or donuts the season will be over....

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
giphy.gif

Reading Leafs twitter

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002

Early in his career, Tavares made a comment that he just wanted to play hockey,not be distracted by off ice issues.
This was why I thought Tavares being drafted by a US team instead of a Canadian team was a break for him with his laid back,quiet personality.

Gotta think he hates being constantly under the microscope, especially as the Leafs struggle.

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
Early in his career, Tavares made a comment that he just wanted to play hockey,not be distracted by off ice issues.
This was why I thought Tavares being drafted by a US team instead of a Canadian team was a break for him with his laid back,quiet personality.

Gotta think he hates being constantly under the microscope, especially as the Leafs struggle.

It's obviously only going to get harder for the snake as he ages with no cup up there in the Mecca of Canadian hockey.

Reactions: IODCPiper

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
It's obviously only going to get harder for the snake as he ages with no cup up there in the Mecca of Canadian hockey.

He was quoted after signing in Toronto, saying they could win multiple SCs.
It must if been about 12-18 months ago, that a HF leaf poster told me we were at the start of Toronto's dynasty :rolleyes:

So glad we have a salary cap in place, although I hate the cba allowing these huge, upfront bonuses. That's a real advantage for the league's wealthiest teams.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
If you could only pick one, what would you rather have RIGHT NOW?

Lee at his salary.
Tavares at his salary.
Panarin at his salary.

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
If you could only pick one, what would you rather have RIGHT NOW?

Lee at his salary.
Tavares at his salary.
Panarin at his salary.

Panarin... and I often don’t do this... AINEC!

EDIT: also wanted to add... Panarin who is a wing, plays a “center styled” play driving game better than Tavares; who is a center.

Last edited:

Poulin 0n My St1ck

Oct 18, 2010
LOL

I'm not saying Spezza was especially good, just if you compared him to Tavares, you'd be certain Tavares was the dumpster dive 36 year old on a league minimum.

Tavares has been brutal this year honestly. Sure he is getting points but he has been awful to the eye test. He is so slow.

If we were to trade one of the big four, then I am looking at john first.

I cannot get over how brutal of a skater he is..

It makes him look so ordinary and non-impactful

why is he so god damn slow?

Reactions: Hogan Shannon

GoIsles1

Sep 12, 2018
Even if Keefes comments were directed at PJ boy Keefe is still woefully misinformed. He clearly hadn’t watched PJ boys lack of leadership his entire time as an Islander. The guy is a woeful leader and I was screaming about that for years while he played for us. Keefe is going to be very disappointed if he’s expecting some sort of great leadership out of that guy.

Last edited:

Ms Maggie

Apr 11, 2017
On behalf of clowns everywhere, I really resent that comment.

No self-respecting clown would wear sweatpants with a blazer. Red rubber nose, big floppy shoes, little tiny hat, sure, no problem. But sweats with a blazer.... :eek:
When I saw that get-up I immediately thought of dementia patients I have worked with. Sorta forget how to dress appropriately. This may sound petty but I think it's shows a certain lack of respect. Get your shit together fella!

Reactions: CupHolders
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad