News from Around the AHL/NHL/KHL 2019-20 Pt. IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
If this team can't beat out this depleted Columbus team for a playoff spot...:shakehead

Columbus IMO is done. Their schedule is also off the wall insane hard the final 2 weeks or so. I’ve said for weeks if we can get them to fall out the Isles are in because there’s not a chance both Florida and Toronto are going to finish above the Isles. That said we won’t have fun playing Tampa or Pit/WSH in round 1

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
When I saw that get-up I immediately thought of dementia patients I have worked with. Sorta forget how to dress appropriately. This may sound petty but I think it's shows a certain lack of respect. Get your shit together fella!

Just saw your post, as I was back tracking a few pages to find instances of where Tavares has been roundly criticized for his talent as per @Capt Obvious.

Definitely have come to appreciate Lou rules when I see the Leaf players now. This is coming from me, a guy who back in the day was heavily into post punk/ska and early electronic rave scenes... With Platinum hair, mohawks etc...

Anyway... Sorry Cap but in the past few pages, I'm not seeing what you have been pointing out. Sure there will always be some hyperbole when it comes to this site and Tavares. But for the most part the most severe criticisms of Tavares as a player, were quotes lifted from the Leafs board.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
This is the price of getting rid of a dead contract. Backes has 1 yr remaining at $6M per

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
This is the price of getting rid of a dead contract. Backes has 1 yr remaining at $6M per

Not sure how good Andersson is. But a very low first and a useful NHL player to get out of that deal does not seem bad at all.

Uncle Duke

Heads up, fellas!
May 14, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Just saw your post, as I was back tracking a few pages to find instances of where Tavares has been roundly criticized for his talent as per @Capt Obvious.

Definitely have come to appreciate Lou rules when I see the Leaf players now. This is coming from me, a guy who back in the day was heavily into post punk/ska and early electronic rave scenes... With Platinum hair, mohawks etc...

Anyway... Sorry Cap but in the past few pages, I'm not seeing what you have been pointing out. Sure there will always be some hyperbole when it comes to this site and Tavares. But for the most part the most severe criticisms of Tavares as a player, were quotes lifted from the Leafs board.
I'm not sure how that makes a difference. Regurgitating someone else's post or creating one's own, the intent is the same. In any event, John Tavares is a great player. I wish we had someone who could score like he does. Just not him.

Last edited:

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006

"and prospect Axel Andersson"

241Merc.jpg

Reactions: xECK29x

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
I've mentioned Kase a couple of times as a potential target. I wouldn't be surprised to see him really break out in Boston.

Reactions: CREW99AW

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
That's an excellent deal for the Bruins. It's commendable how often they make low key, low risk trades.

I thought they were going to land Kreider for sure, but this will be cheaper and with more control, even if it's a much lesser player. I can see him an Krecji having a ridiculous playoffs together.

Quickdraw2828

Aug 2, 2011
We have few guys with fire on this team. Zeke and Boychuck for sure, maybe Toews, Pullock, Mayfield, Shuttlebuck, and Beau. I'm probably forgetting someone. The rest of the mopes play half-ass and are incapable of weathering a storm. Lehner is the kind of fiery guy this team needs.

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
We have few guys with fire on this team. Zeke and Boychuck for sure, maybe Toews, Pullock, Mayfield, Shuttlebuck, and Beau. I'm probably forgetting someone. The rest of the mopes play half-ass and are incapable of weathering a storm. Lehner is the kind of fiery guy this team needs.
You need not firey guys too though it’s all about the mix IMO. This team misses cizikas though he is really the energy for this group.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
After 1st period Buffalo leading Pens 3-0. Let’s hope they can keep the lead. Still a lot of hockey left

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
After 1st period Buffalo leading Pens 3-0. Let’s hope they can keep the lead. Still a lot of hockey left

Caps now down 2-0. I’ve said since the first 2 months I felt the Caps were overachieving and the Canes were underachieving. The Canes still are. The Caps D though is very shoddy. At this stage I just don’t think they’re winning the division.

Lights911

Dec 5, 2017
Long Island
Caps now down 2-0. I’ve said since the first 2 months I felt the Caps were overachieving and the Canes were underachieving. The Canes still are. The Caps D though is very shoddy. At this stage I just don’t think they’re winning the division.
Caps having been having a rough February but I think they’ll turn it back around. I think they’re a really well built team and the Dillon trade definitely helps. Carolina’s goaltending (especially Mrazek) has really hurt them this year so I wouldn’t be surprised if they go out and try to make a move there.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Half watching the Jets/Flyers game. Easy to tell when Philly is getting chances, and particularly when they score - lots of enthusiasm from the announcers. Liane just scored, and it was "oh, he scored". If I hadn't happened to be watching at that moment, I would have missed it.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Sabres up 4-1.

Caps/NJ tied 2-2.

Philly was up 3-0 early, but it's 3-2 now.

All about mid way through the third.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Half watching the Jets/Flyers game. Easy to tell when Philly is getting chances, and particularly when they score - lots of enthusiasm from the announcers. Liane just scored, and it was "oh, he scored". If I hadn't happened to be watching at that moment, I would have missed it.

Philly needs to kill it the next 2 weeks because after that they’re away for 8 of their last 11 and they suck on the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad