News from Around the AHL/NHL/KHL 2019-20 Pt. IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Duke

Heads up, fellas!
May 14, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Well why are Tavares and Matthews as a 1-2 punch not making the Leafs a Stanley Cup contender?

Crosby and Malkin still needed complimentary guys to step up to the plate and stellar goaltending. Sad that people are still talking about Tavares, that shipped sailed and will sink one day.
Doshell doesn't need me to defend him and I disagree with him about the relative value of Panarin and Tavares, which in no way suggests that I think Tavares does not have great value, but you've been reading his posts long enough to know that by making the comment he did about Tavares and Matthews he was in no way suggesting that there are not other things that teams needs to be Cup worthy. Top end talent at C, and more than just one, being among them most of the time.

2ndGenIslander

Feb 2, 2012
Nassau
Never is... I was all for signing Tavares, and think that would’ve been the prudent thing to do knowing what was known at that time.

But if living on an alternate earth where both Panarin and Tavares are available at the same time AND willing to sign with the Isles... then I definitely choose Panarin even at a higher cost.
Well, hopefully he enjoys the rangers rebuild watching cup hockey from his couch

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
I wonder if it reached the point where TOR/Tavares decided to break up, and Tavares was asked to submit a list of teams he'd be willing to be traded to:

Would the Isles be on it?

Not for real, but just for fun. I don't know....

Reactions: Hogan Shannon

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I wonder if it reached the point where TOR/Tavares decided to break up, and Tavares was asked to submit a list of teams he'd be willing to be traded to:

I doubt he would waive it. He's negotiated and got a FNTC from Dumbass. He's also a declining player, but it would be nice if Lou stuck a 50% retained salary on the Leafs and Tavares if he begged to come back to the Isles. I don't think this team would want him though. The Isles have moved on, we need new blood, not old losing blood.

Reactions: Hogan Shannon

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
I doubt he would waive it. He's negotiated and got a FNTC from Dumbass. He's also a declining player, but it would be nice if Lou stuck a 50% retained salary on the Leafs and Tavares if he begged to come back to the Isles. I don't think this team would want him though. The Isles have moved on, we need new blood, not old losing blood.

He's in Kirk Muller+ territory with Isles fans now, there is no way he'd be back. I know he's a robot, but even he knows the fans would never welcome him back.

The full NMC (not NTC) means Toronto can't move him at all like send him to the minors or anything. He's home and that's all he and his boss wife have wanted. Since she has a career there, she would never allow him to waive it either.

I would find it funny it if became another Sundin situation though.

thegoldenyear

RIP Mike Bossy
May 13, 2013
Toronto

Perhaps then he’d complete his Ph.D. in trolling and jump to the Rags

Reactions: LeapOnOver

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
He's in Kirk Muller+ territory with Isles fans now, there is no way he'd be back. I know he's a robot, but even he knows the fans would never welcome him back.

The full NMC (not NTC) means Toronto can't move him at all like send him to the minors or anything. He's home and that's all he and his boss wife have wanted. Since she has a career there, she would never allow him to waive it either.

I understand. For the record, I think he is an incredible overrated player now whose value is for stats poolies only, but not in terms of true hockey value. Watching him against Sid last night was painful. One is a true leader, that impacts a game. The other a stats player that is slowing and had no impact on the game. Keefe called out the leaders of the team. Not surprised, Tavares has never been a vocal inspirational leader on or off the ice. He is just mediocre not unless one reads hockey db, and deduces a career high 88 pt player as being elite.

He crossed the line when he turned his back on the Isles, I get it for what looked like greener pastures, instead are turning into brown pastures. He would not be welcomed back by me. He's there is no I in the word team player IMO. Isles need new blood, not old tired losing blood. Leafs have him and his 11M declining skills. This is where he belongs now.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Feel like starting a poll...but i'm lazy. Who would actually want to pay assets to get Tavares back? If I'm trading for a guy with that salary I'm shooting higher than Tavares. He was worth resigning as we drafted and developed him and I'd be fine overpaying to keep him, but now that he's gone? Why would you want to give assets back to Toronto for something they got for free from us. No thanks.

A: Hey, I found this wallet on the ground by your chair, does it look familiar?
B: Oh, yes thanks that's mine.
A: Okay, what can you trade for it?

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
I just watched Berube look like dog crap in Bridgeport.

I guess 4 goalies are better than 3 lol

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
Did they cut away before the AZ players went after Benn? I mean, I hope they did, anyway, for their team's sake.

That is what I was wondering too. It honestly looked like no one on AZ made much of an effort after the hit outside of some complaining to the refs.

I saw another angle and Chychrun, Kessel and Schmaltz were in camera view and someone said Keller was out there as well. I believe Schmaltz got dumped by a big hit earlier.

That is some terrible team support/toughness by the Yotes. Definitely something lacking from their team right now.

Uncle Duke

Heads up, fellas!
May 14, 2018
Sarasota, FL
We're playing like ass right now so many here have decided that to make themselves feel better they'll get back to ripping JT two years after the fact when the truth is most of those now doing so were crying in their soup the day he left. And for the record, if it wasn't John Tavares but some guy named Joe Smith and he had the skillset that JT has right now, you'd all cream in your soup if we could get him (though not for $11M).

Reactions: Merrrlin

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
We're playing like ass right now so many here have decided that to make themselves feel better they'll get back to ripping JT two years after the fact when the truth is most of those now doing so were crying in their soup the day he left. And for the record, if it wasn't John Tavares but some guy named Joe Smith and he had the skillset that JT has right now, you'd all cream in your soup if we could get him (though not for $11M).
It’s quite honest to say that the guy f***ed us over. Either he signs here like he said he wanted to (I.E he was telling the truth all those years) and we have a deadly 1C-2C combo for the next decade, or he doesn’t sign here but doesn’t lie about it like the snake he is and we recoup major assets for him which we could have used to improve the team or already have a better team right now.

so yeah, f*** that guy

Uncle Duke

Heads up, fellas!
May 14, 2018
Sarasota, FL
It’s quite honest to say that the guy f*cked us over. Either he signs here like he said he wanted to (I.E he was telling the truth all those years) and we have a deadly 1C-2C combo for the next decade, or he doesn’t sign here but doesn’t lie about it like the snake he is and we recoup major assets for him which we could have used to improve the team or already have a better team right now.

so yeah, f*ck that guy
Yeah, yeah, yeah. Heard it a million times before. Wasn't my point.

Reactions: Merrrlin

2ndGenIslander

Feb 2, 2012
Nassau

the hilariously ironic part of this whole this is that by accepting that contract on a team that already had plenty of younger offensive pieces in place, he effectively made his boyhood team worse, since soon afterwards his signing, they had other young offensive players they needed to sign to extensions, and effectively screwed their ability to sign quality defense which they desperately need..in full blown cap hell now. Shame!

eoin92

Jun 14, 2013
the hilariously ironic part of this whole this is that by accepting that contract on a team that already had plenty of younger offensive pieces in place, he effectively made his boyhood team worse, since soon afterwards his signing, they had other young offensive players they needed to sign to extensions, and effectively screwed their ability to sign quality defense which they desperately need..in full blown cap hell now. Shame!
Dubas will figure it out. He knows the maths.:dunce:

Reactions: xECK29x
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad